PDA

View Full Version : Convert to no back rest?

projectapollo
03-25-2014, 08:23 AM
I am not needing the backrest on my deluxe, for now. Maybe the beautiful wife will decide to ride someday? Anyhow, I removed the backrest to give a nice clean look. I'm left with the mounting plate to cover the mounting holes. What part do I need to restore this look to a standard non-deluxe rear end? Can so someone post a pic of the non-deluxe back end? Thx...

Hornblower
03-25-2014, 08:48 AM
I just bought black plastic plugs to cover the holes. I suppose you could also consider adding a rack if that's of interest.

Scotrod
03-25-2014, 09:47 AM
Send me your Deluxe backrest parts and I'll sent you my Standard parts. Yours will look 100% OEM!

ED209
03-25-2014, 09:58 AM
I am not needing the backrest on my deluxe, for now. Maybe the beautiful wife will decide to ride someday? Anyhow, I removed the backrest to give a nice clean look. I'm left with the mounting plate to cover the mounting holes. What part do I need to restore this look to a standard non-deluxe rear end? Can so someone post a pic of the non-deluxe back end? Thx...

If you ever wish to sell it, keep me in mind. :039:

projectapollo
03-25-2014, 12:24 PM
Send me your Deluxe backrest parts and I'll sent you my Standard parts. Yours will look 100% OEM! What are the standard parts? In any event, I'm not parting with the backrest, just not using it for now. I just want to convert to standard OEM look. But thanks for the offer.

bobbyf6b
03-25-2014, 03:00 PM
What are the standard parts? In any event, I'm not parting with the backrest, just not using it for now. I just want to convert to standard OEM look. But thanks for the offer.

That's a great idea for bike week. (AZ Bike Week is next week) Stock shield and no backrest or rack.

Where did the plastic plugs come from? Will the same ones from the Bikemp3 rack work?

stepbill
03-25-2014, 03:16 PM
What are the standard parts? In any event, I'm not parting with the backrest, just not using it for now. I just want to convert to standard OEM look. But thanks for the offer.

I believe that he was tugging on your pants leg. There are no standard parts, we have a blank area.

unsub
03-25-2014, 03:51 PM

These are the pieces you need to find to fill the access holes. Left and Right top lids.

P/N 08R71-MJG-670

Johnny-B
03-25-2014, 04:20 PM
Put a offer out and will sell my take-off blanks, please include paypal and shipping fees.

projectapollo
03-25-2014, 05:25 PM
I believe that he was tugging on your pants leg. There are no standard parts, we have a blank area.

Ahh. LOL. Good one.

Scotrod
03-25-2014, 08:06 PM
These are the pieces you need to find to fill the access holes. Left and Right top lids.

P/N 08R71-MJG-670

SHHH! I almost had a free backrest!!! :shhh: