PDA

View Full Version : Mustang seat - Just a tad pissed!

stepbill
03-25-2014, 12:13 PM
I placed an order with Cruisercustomizing on 3/11/14 for the Mustang seat. It was said to ship on the 25th of this month. I just called Cruisercustomizing to check on the status of the order and they now said that it is on backorder until 5/8/14. If this is going to be such a hot ticket, maybe mustang needs to hire more employees instead of just the one person that does the sewing and the one person that does the actual seat. I called mustang last week and was told that this is the reason for the backlog, only two people working on the seats. Looks like someone else will get my business :banghead:. Just a tad pissed!

F6B-RICH
03-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Just checked E-bay.3 Mustang listings for F6B.I think a few members got them thru E-bay .batman-smilie.

stepbill
03-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Just checked E-bay.3 Mustang listings for F6B.I think a few members got them thru E-bay .batman-smilie.

Yeah, I looked there when I got off the phone with Cruisercustomizing and called the 1-800 number listed and they said they do not have any in stock either and there on backorder until April 11th.

F6B-RICH
03-25-2014, 12:45 PM
I would have told them to fix there listing.Fast n Free shipping get it before March 28.How is that you do not have the seat in stock .batman-smilie.

Cool Hand Luke
03-25-2014, 12:54 PM
April sounds better than May!

I bought mine from Ebay, got it within a week, very happy. It is a Deluxe Model. Ebay seller was easternpc, located in Maryland. Also, if you order from Ebay and something goes wrong Ebay has you protected. I buy and sell on Ebay a lot over the years and it's fine.

Upon searching one seller on Ebay currently has some in stock according to their listing:

Looks like a great price for a Deluxe seat, I think I paid about the same.

Lucas
03-25-2014, 01:04 PM
Life is too short to wait for common parts to show up via the brown truck. Call Corbin and order the seat you like. I'm real happy with mine.

No knock on Mustang seats here. If Corbin provided poor service, I'd call Mustang. This isn't rocket science...

stepbill
03-25-2014, 01:24 PM
Life is too short to wait for common parts to show up via the brown truck. Call Corbin and order the seat you like. I'm real happy with mine.

No knock on Mustang seats here. If Corbin provided poor service, I'd call Mustang. This isn't rocket science...

My dealer has corbin seats and they do look great but when I sat on one, it seemed really hard to my sensitive tush :icon_redface:!

jakec
03-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Get the Mustang, it's worth the wait.

goldtahoe
03-25-2014, 02:25 PM
I'm a tad ticked myself ... I in fact ordered mine from Ebay ... said originally was going to be delivery of 3/18 ... well .. that was a week ago ... I called and got the OHHH ... we're soooooo soorry ... it's now looking like 4 weeks WTF!!!! It didn't take you 4 weeks to take my 500 bucks ... I have no real complaints being that I'm in chicago and I'm on hold for mother nature however I did explain to the lady ... they need to adjust their ad to say seats made by the order.

stepbill
03-25-2014, 02:26 PM

No, unfortunally it's a principle thing. If he see's that his product is in demand and that there is a HUGH backlog on it, he should hire extra help to meet the demand. My only guess is that with less help, then he has more money for himself. The Steve Jobs of motorcycle seats. I just wish him well but he won't get my business.

Updated: Just ordered the Utopia backrest from Wingstuff.

1951vbs
03-25-2014, 06:10 PM
No, unfortunally it's a principle thing. If he see's that his product is in demand and that there is a HUGH backlog on it, he should hire extra help to meet the demand. My only guess is that with less help, then he has more money for himself. The Steve Jobs of motorcycle seats. I just wish him well but he won't get my business.

Updated: Just ordered the Utopia backrest from Wingstuff.

Tis the season for seats! Coming from a motorcycle product manufacturing background it is not just as easy as hiring a few more folks unless you think there is no skill involved. Mustang has a high quality product and if you want the cover tight and the stitching straight it does take skill. As far as making money I would think the more seats they send out the door the more $$ they will make. Good company, good product but if you can't wait buy another seat. There is a reason why some restaurants have a line out the door and another across the street has no wait.

RickW
03-25-2014, 06:26 PM

We actually got caught up on the standard F6B seat and have one in stock right now.
We have just one person still waiting for a tuck and roll, should be pretty quick and one more coming fairly soon that is not spoken for.
If you do want to save a little you can use "seat4percent" on check out or call.
http://store.valueaccessories.net/MustangTripperFastbackSeatsHondaGoldWingF6B.aspx (http://store.valueaccessories.net/MustangTripperFastbackSeatsHondaGoldWingF6B.aspx)
Rick

CaptRob
03-25-2014, 08:08 PM
I ordered one 9 days ago as well! I guess I will check on it:shock: from powersports2go on Ebay Now I see They have ALOT of bad ebay reviews. The ad said items 7 still available 3 so it couldn't be a backorder issue right:icon_redface:

F6B-RICH
03-25-2014, 08:29 PM
I ordered one 9 days ago as well! I guess I will check on it:shock: from powersports2go on Ebay Now I see They have ALOT of bad ebay reviews. The ad said items 7 still available 3 so it couldn't be a backorder issue right:icon_redface:

I sent them a message this morning.They responded with no Mustang seats in stock will probably be after April 12th.I told them it shows 3 available in another message but got no response yet and do not figure I will get one .batman-smilie.

dickiedeals
03-25-2014, 08:33 PM
My dealer has corbin seats and they do look great but when I sat on one, it seemed really hard to my sensitive tush :icon_redface:!

Corbin Refers to their seat as a Motorcycle "Saddle" and is therefore hard like a saddle. Different theory than a seat.....Dickie

choptop
03-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Glad I got mine threw Value Accessories when I did!

CaptRob
03-25-2014, 09:06 PM
I sent them a message this morning.They responded with no Mustang seats in stock will probably be after April 12th.I told them it shows 3 available in another message but got no response yet and do not figure I will get one .batman-smilie.

You ordered from the same place? I think I may cancel and reorder somewhere else. What a crock! :bsII:

Cool Hand Luke
03-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Not cool to say 3 available if it's a lie. You can report them to Ebay... This is not the same seller I got mine from a while back, that one does not list having any right now. I wouldn't do business with sellers that misrepresent the facts.

Bruce B
03-25-2014, 10:58 PM
I have a Rick Mayer seat that I am 100% happy with and it's built on the OEM pan so it accepts the Utopia backrest. I had Ultimate seats (rider, passenger, and both backrests) on my Valkyrie and was totally satisfied with that too. . For those still undecided, I'd check out Rick Mayer, Russell Day Long, and Ultimate.

F6B-RICH
03-25-2014, 11:31 PM
You ordered from the same place? I think I may cancel and reorder somewhere else. What a crock! :bsII:

No a friend wanted.I have a Corbin .batman-smilie.

Steve 0080
03-25-2014, 11:35 PM
I have the Mustang seat…worth the wait…unfortunately they have us by the short hairs as theirs is the best seat out there for the money!!!

I also agree they need to add people for the rush before people look else where…and I told them so!

CaptRob
03-26-2014, 11:18 AM
No a friend wanted.I have a Corbin .batman-smilie.

Does the Corbin drop you at all ? They say the mustang lowers you 1-1/2". Not short jut trying to beat the wind but, I just received my mastad 11" so my wind troubles may be over:041:
I may call these boneheads and cancel my mustang order!!!!! Corbin looks sweet

stepbill
03-26-2014, 12:22 PM
Does the Corbin drop you at all ? They say the mustang lowers you 1-1/2". Not short jut trying to beat the wind but, I just received my mastad 11" so my wind troubles may be over:041:

That's the reason that I was wanting a Mustang. Puts you in the bike, not on it.

F6BPDX
03-26-2014, 12:27 PM

Mustang lowers an inch, Corbin stays stock height, Ultimate Mid-Rider is stock height, Ultimate King is 1" up and 1 1/2" back.

Steve 0080
03-26-2014, 02:46 PM
For those who love the Corbin seat good on you…for those thinking of buying one…place a board on your bike and ride it around for a while…you will get the ideal of how a Corbin feels!!!! JMHO….

Scotrod
03-26-2014, 03:08 PM
For those who love the Corbin seat good on you…for those thinking of buying one…place a board on your bike and ride it around for a while…you will get the ideal of how a Corbin feels!!!! JMHO….

=)

Corbin: Not really sure if the seat conforms to yer butt, or yer butt conforms to the seat!!! :spank:

I have a DLS butt. Buy what works for ya!! :yes:

1951vbs
03-26-2014, 03:56 PM
I may call these boneheads and cancel my mustang order!!!!!

We sure are an instant gratification society. The best stuff is in demand and worth waiting for. I had to get in line and wait over 2 months for my Russell Day Long Saddle and purchase a spare seat so I could ride while I waited. IT WAS WORTH EVERY MINUTE!!!

Texas TC
03-26-2014, 03:56 PM
I sure am glad I got my Mustang seat when they were first introduced. Mine actually shipped s week earlier than expected. Sent it back and received the replacement seat in about a week. For all of you that are waiting, hang in there, it is a great product and a good value.

I dont know if adding staff is a good idea. Those guys who make the seat put quality in the product. A new person might not provide the same quality. Mustang is just a victim of their own success with this seat.

goldtahoe
03-26-2014, 04:30 PM
I sure am glad I got my Mustang seat when they were first introduced. Mine actually shipped s week earlier than expected. Sent it back and received the replacement seat in about a week. For all of you that are waiting, hang in there, it is a great product and a good value.

I dont know if adding staff is a good idea. Those guys who make the seat put quality in the product. A new person might not provide the same quality. Mustang is just a victim of their own success with this seat.

I think i'm more jealous about the weather you're in ... as opposed to this BS of 40 degrees here in Chicago .... either way .. my order is in and i'm patiently waiting ....

Texas TC
03-26-2014, 05:34 PM
I think i'm more jealous about the weather you're in ... as opposed to this BS of 40 degrees here in Chicago .... either way .. my order is in and i'm patiently waiting ....

I lived in Roselle, Il. For 5 winters, '84-'89. I feel your pain. Was really happy to get back home to Texas where I can ride most every week of the year. Hang in there, Spring is coming, even in Illinois!

stepbill
03-26-2014, 06:15 PM
Well, I spoke with RickW and his darling wife Teresa (Value Accessories) and I'm back in line waiting for a tuck and roll. They are fantastic and very understanding people. Like talking to Doctor Phil!

RickW
03-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Well, I spoke with RickW and his darling wife Teresa (Value Accessories) and I'm back in line waiting for a tuck and roll. They are fantastic and very understanding people. Like talking to Doctor Phil!

You are number 7 in line and the other person that we have left is number 5. They actually have not made any of the tuck and roll for a week or so, but are planning on making more this week. We will have them drop shipped directly from Mustang as soon as they are made.

Teresa had a conversation with them again this morning. She did explain to them the frustration of everyone on here with trying to get their seats. She was told by our rep. that it is being forwarded to the people who need to be involved.

We also have on standard in stock right now for immediate shipping from us.

Ultimate Seats
03-27-2014, 09:00 AM
Mustang lowers an inch, Corbin stays stock height, Ultimate Mid-Rider is stock height, Ultimate King is 1" up and 1 1/2" back.

Just a note - our King seat is also stock height like the Midrider.

Best~

P.S. Not trying to highjack the thread - but a shameless plug while I'm here... We have seats in stock and our awesome 14 day extended test ride period...

fl1madmax
03-27-2014, 12:09 PM
I placed an order with Cruisercustomizing on 3/11/14 for the Mustang seat. It was said to ship on the 25th of this month. I just called Cruisercustomizing to check on the status of the order and they now said that it is on backorder until 5/8/14. If this is going to be such a hot ticket, maybe mustang needs to hire more employees instead of just the one person that does the sewing and the one person that does the actual seat. I called mustang last week and was told that this is the reason for the backlog, only two people working on the seats. Looks like someone else will get my business :banghead:. Just a tad pissed!

This is my Fourth Ultimate seat, got the King, Backs ya up almost 2 inches, easier on Legs and with
Handle Bar Risers its PERFECT, Back rest is sweet for Both Driver and Passanger.......check them out' I live near Daytona so Des let me try both , Took a ride on Standard seat then King, told him he cant have it back !!!!!!! Check it out !

F6B-RICH
03-27-2014, 12:20 PM

Thanks Steve.My ass loves my Corbin.I find the older riders (over 50) :301: are the ones that have a problem with the Corbin.Probably because they had a desk job (skirt) all there life :icon_biggrin: .batman-smilie.

Scotrod
03-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Thanks Steve.My ass loves my Corbin.I find the older riders (over 50) :301: are the ones that have a problem with the Corbin.Probably because they had a desk job (skirt) all there life :icon_biggrin: .batman-smilie.

Ouch!!!! :icon_lol:

I must be a 'tweener as I'm not quite 50 and I've only been riding a desk for ~8~ yrs now,,, but I still can't 'comply' with the Corbin - fit. :shrug:

All seats have there merits. Use what works for you!

F6B-RICH
03-27-2014, 02:01 PM
Ouch!!!! :icon_lol:

I must be a 'tweener as I'm not quite 50 and I've only been riding a desk for ~8~ yrs now,,, but I still can't 'comply' with the Corbin - fit. :shrug:

All seats have there merits. Use what works for you!

I am just having some fun on the forum.I agree 100% what seat works for you congrats.I am the kind of person that would NEVER EVER say anything about what a person installs on there F6B.If you like the Mustang cool I have the Corbin.If you have the BaggerShield cool I have a Windbender.Whatever you have or like cool I do not knock you for owning/buying it .batman-smilie.

Phantom
03-27-2014, 02:32 PM

Sounds like someone is getting soft ….. :poke:

I like both my Ultimate and Corbins :biggthumpup:

GiddyupF6B
03-27-2014, 05:10 PM
Just a note - our King seat is also stock height like the Midrider.

Best~

P.S. Not trying to highjack the thread - but a shameless plug while I'm here... We have seats in stock and our awesome 14 day extended test ride period...

Your King seat is not stock height at all. I love this seat and at 6'3 it's perfect for me but it DEFINITELY sits me up higher than the stock seat position. I can tell by the way the wind hits me over the windscreen where it didn't before and the placement of my feet at a full stop. Your King seat is higher than the stock position, or at least mine is. There was another thread on here where you guys said it was I think a half inch or so taller/higher. Here is your post......Post #3 from Ultimate

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1724-Ultimate-Seat&p=21869#post21869

Steve 0080
03-27-2014, 11:42 PM
Yea Yea Yea…If you like it I love it!!! I have purchased 3 Corbins, and 2 Ultimates, 1 Mustang….. I have rode them all…funny thing I was at Corbin last year thinking about the tool box add on and spoke to a salesman there…he kept calling the seat a saddle…. and rightfully so..When I was day working and team penning I had a saddle on my Quarter horse…they felt the same….JMHO

"fireybat" bring it!

Ultimate Seats
03-28-2014, 07:52 AM
Your King seat is not stock height at all. I love this seat and at 6'3 it's perfect for me but it DEFINITELY sits me up higher than the stock seat position. I can tell by the way the wind hits me over the windscreen where it didn't before and the placement of my feet at a full stop. Your King seat is higher than the stock position, or at least mine is. There was another thread on here where you guys said it was I think a half inch or so taller/higher. Here is your post......Post #3 from Ultimate

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1724-Ultimate-Seat&p=21869#post21869

:icon_doh:

Well look at that...

Well played GiddyupF6B... Well played...

GiddyupF6B
03-28-2014, 10:10 AM
:icon_doh:

Well look at that...

Well played GiddyupF6B... Well played...

Lol.......I LOVE my Ultimate seat and everything about it! I'm pretty tall and I know it changed my position a bit higher, I would hate to see a shorter member buying it based on the stock height. I wasn't trying to call you out or be a jerk, just making sure people know what they are getting. :biggthumpup:

Ultimate Seats
03-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Lol.......I LOVE my Ultimate seat and everything about it! I'm pretty tall and I know it changed my position a bit higher, I would hate to see a shorter member buying it based on the stock height. I wasn't trying to call you out or be a jerk, just making sure people know what they are getting. :biggthumpup:

No worries -

I'm glad to have the correct information here. I appreciate the reminder on a slight lapse of memory...

Best~

F6BPDX
03-28-2014, 10:35 AM
No worries -

I'm glad to have the correct information here. I appreciate the reminder on a slight lapse of memory...

Best~

FYI after you corrected me I went to the Ultimate site where I thought I remembered originally reading that it was 1" higher, and it does read as stock height, so you may want to correct that as well.

Scotrod
03-28-2014, 12:31 PM
Hey now!!! Seat height may vary depending on all kinds of factors,,, Your elevation above sea level/barometric pressure, seat temperature, full tide or low tide, etc,,,

Let's not restrict it's height to just a singular dimension!!!! :icon_biggrin:

choptop
03-28-2014, 02:55 PM
Hey now!!! Seat height may vary depending on all kinds of factors,,, Your elevation above sea level/barometric pressure, seat temperature, full tide or low tide, etc,,,

Let's not restrict it's height to just a singular dimension!!!! :icon_biggrin:

Not to mention that if a rider is off his diet and the calories tend to settle in HIS seat... lol