PDA

View Full Version : Any specific suggestions on windshields............

LX2
03-27-2014, 10:33 AM
OK, I'm 5'6" (easy now) and I liked the ability of raising and lowering (without tools) the windshield on my Wing where I could look thru or over (mostly thru) and want to keep in mind minimal wind off the passenger. Picking up the F6B tomorrow, leaving on a weekend trip NEXT weekend so time is important. I think (I know actually) I'd like to have a vent in it. I've seen pictures of a stock shield for the F6B and it looks like a pyramid, I'm out on that and the recurve on the top of some shields I've seen too.
I guess the ultimate would be electric with smoked or tinted on the bottom and clear on the top which I may do later but for now.............just something to hold me over till I really get used to the bike.
I wonder if a "fixed in place" stock GW shield would work for now and looking thru..................

Any thoughts appreciated

LL

Gperson
03-27-2014, 10:59 AM
Hey LX2, :039:
The 11" Baggershield would work perfect for you. It is also adjustable. I have a used "like new" one that is listed in our classified section that can ship out TODAY. See link below...
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2053-GARAGE-SALE!!!-KURYAKYN-BAGGERSHIELD-AIRHAWK-2 $85.00 delivered

Let me know what you think...
Thanks!
G

opas ride
03-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Windshield threads are becoming like oil threads...but I would look at the Baggershield "11-19" adjustable screen before I bought the Honda offering.It is wider by the mirrors and seem to work fine for a lot of folks..Madstad, F6, Klockwerks, Cee Baileys, and more all offer aftermarket windshields....I am 5'9" and the Baggershield works perfect for me....The stock shield, although many like it, "sucks" for any kind of touring or highway riding....Good Luck

FlyinF
03-27-2014, 11:03 AM
You can find plenty Goldwing windshields with vent on EBay for good price. I installed OEM Goldwing ws with vent and then cut/trim to fit me perfectly...........works perfect.

Scotrod
03-27-2014, 01:18 PM
LX, you'll probably have to try a few before you really know what works for ya.

With very few exceptions, most agree the OEM shield is 'not gonna cut it' for much more than 'bike night'.

(Ooops! Where's 51 at??? :duck: )

:icon_razz: :icon_biggrin:

I've had the Baggershield 11-19 and was very pleased with it, until I went Madstad.

The 5'-6" aspect might 'tweek' things a bit,,, but no doubt, there is something out there that will work for ya.

The 'vent' requirement might narrow your choices down a bit,,, If dead set on a vent, there are a few aftermarket folks that can sell you a new shield w/vent (F4 Customs and perhaps (?) Cee Baileys????)

Another 'more economical' option has been mentioned by Flyin F above. :biggthumpup: Easier on the wallet to 'experiment' that way!!!

jakec
03-27-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm 5'5" and have a 13" smoked Cee Bailey, I can easily see over the top with no buffeting. I had a vented shield on before, it just didn't look right on a bagger.