PDA

View Full Version : Bagger Comparison

52edub
03-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Rider Magazine this month has comparison between Kawasaki Vaquero and F6B. I won't give away the plot. :icon_mrgreen:

Deer Slayer
03-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Rider Magazine this month has comparison between Kawasaki Vaquero and F6B. I won't give away the plot. :icon_mrgreen:

I would think, there is no comparison? :041:

Scotrod
03-27-2014, 01:01 PM
I would think, there is no comparison? :041:

Those were my exact thoughts when I read post #1!!!

I'm sure the Vaq's lower sticker price, 6 sp, and cruise will woo some, others will perhaps be influenced by 'gotta be a V-twin' fever, but dang,,, that 1700 is 'a bit lacking' in power and 'a bit warm' when it comes to rider comfort,,, Center of gravity? Eh,,, Nod goes to the 6,,,

I test rode one a few years ago. Not bad,,,,, :shrug:

imported_NMRed
03-27-2014, 05:06 PM
basically they said it was like comparing apples (fast and smooth) and oranges (slow and shaky). You can guess which is which.

bob109
03-27-2014, 05:23 PM
There is but one true comparison to the F6B and that is the GL1800 Goldwing! Make no mistake these two machines share a proven platform unequalled in the cycle industry.:041:

CaptRob
03-27-2014, 05:34 PM
I rode my Street glide for the first time since my F6B last Friday and I notice now…it is shaky, rattles, under powered and unbalanced! Wife:077: says " I don't care…I wanna ride the Harley";roughrider; Ha!

Ericb445
03-27-2014, 06:40 PM
I will have to read that one...But to me there is no comparison, I traded my 2011 Vaquero in for my F6B...NO Regrets so far.
I had 21K on the Clock on the Vulcan it was a good bike, but no where as quick or smooth as the F6B. I do miss the Cruise Control "that's it really"
-Eric

Philbert40
03-27-2014, 08:47 PM
But why did they have to test the lemon yellow one!:jerkit:

Scotrod
03-27-2014, 09:58 PM
I! Wife:077: says " I don't care…I wanna ride the Harley";roughrider; Ha!

Well, let her then! You take the 6 out and she can ride the Glide!!!

My wife was always a 'I'm perfectly happy to ride with YOU!' kinda gal until I twisted her arm enough to take the MSF class. Long story short, ever since we got her first bike, she hasn't been on the back of mine since! :biggthumpup:

CarolinaRider
03-28-2014, 07:43 AM
Before I really knew anything about the F6B I was looking at the Vaquero. It does have some good features but no comparison. Glad I was willing to take advise and recommendations from a friend. No regrets for sure.

CaptRob
03-28-2014, 07:30 PM

My wife was always a 'I'm perfectly happy to ride with YOU!' kinda gal until I twisted her arm enough to take the MSF class. Long story short, ever since we got her first bike, she hasn't been on the back of mine since! :biggthumpup:

Oh I wish!!! I even got her a little Buddy 50cc scooter to learn on."3wheelSmiley" I have no idea why anyone would rather ride on the back??? If she knew some the the things that almost happen…anyway not gunna happen :icon_rolleyes:

1951vbs
03-28-2014, 08:50 PM
The Vaquero tested had ABS and cruise but the F6B was still the winner.

hiflyer
03-28-2014, 09:28 PM

I taught the msf class for 5 years. The girls were better "listeners" than the guys. I finally talked some of my buddies, who I had been riding with for years, into taking the experienced riders class. Two of them said " Wow, you can stop a lot better when you use the front break too!" :yikes:

Scotrod
03-28-2014, 09:48 PM
I taught the msf class for 5 years. The girls were better "listeners" than the guys. I finally talked some of my buddies, who I had been riding with for years, into taking the experienced riders class. Two of them said " Wow, you can stop a lot better when you use the front break too!" :yikes:

I have no doubt the Ladies listen better! They are serious, and guys 'know it all' already,,, :icon_rolleyes:

I never could understand the fascination with NOT using the front brake,,, :shrug: Decades ago, I started riding an old 125 zuki,,,, on gravel,,, Even then, it doesn't take much to realize the front brake IS your friend!!!

Front brake,,, DON'T leave home without one!!! :yikes:

Elin in So. Cal.
03-29-2014, 12:38 AM
This is so good to read. Not only are "youse guys" helpful as all getout, you recognize the women as mostly willing and equal participants in the love of these machines. I wish more wives would realize the joys of riding their own machines themselves, but many just stay securely in their roles as supporters of the love you have for riding.

I'm sure there's no perfect partner, but hug the ones you have.

Waxing maudlin... sorry :old: !

Scotrod
03-29-2014, 08:29 AM
ALWAYS more room for Lady riders!!! "Why not?" is the attitude today. :yes:

But,,, I believe I've told you before Elin there are times when I'm NOT appreciative of Lady riders,,, :nono: Like my wife,,, :nono:

Wife and I have always had more or less the 'same' bikes,,, Different colors mostly, but mostly the same make/model. Never fails,,, only one of us ever gets the 'thumbs up' or smile / wave,,, and it ain't me! :shrug: Darn those Lady riders!!!! 'kickthecan'

Ericb445
03-29-2014, 08:51 AM
:yes:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/ericb445/b97faa5f038255311b52cf76279cc001_zps68fad108.jpg:y es:

Deer Slayer
03-29-2014, 01:43 PM
Christmas 2003 my wife who does not ride due to vertigo, gave me my first Goldwing. A 2004 Titanium. What a gal. :Saweeet smilie: Same wife for 51 years, third Goldwing. :041: