PDA

View Full Version : YUASA Battery Charger

Phantom
05-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Yuasa Charger

This is inexpensive and nice to have. Connect it to the battery when the F6B is not being used.
I know of GoldWing Owners that have been able to obtain 6-10 years of life from the Batteries because they had been on a trickle charger when not riding.

$30 is a lot less than $100 for a battery every 2-3 years :iduno:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yuasa-Smart-Shot-Smartshot-900-mA-Battery-Charger-Motorcycle-Boat-Jetski-ATV-NIP-/171044058200?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d3053458&vxp=mtr

Darkknight
05-27-2013, 07:17 PM
The YUASA Battery chargers I've been using them for close to 10 years. I currently have 4 plugged in.
Battery life has been extended Years and Years. I think the battery in my Yamaha is 6 or 7 years old and still starts.
I currently use it on 2 motorcycles, 1 lawn tractor and a pick up truck that doesn't get used much in the summer.
One of the first accessories on this F6B was that charger/maintainer.

bob109
05-27-2013, 07:54 PM
Harbor Freight has a 12V Float Charger similar to the Yuasa. It sell for $9.99 and on occasion it will be on sale for $6.99. I have several and like others I use them on my garden tractor, auto, etc. These devices are battery maintainers and should be used on good batteries which are fully charged to begin with!

BubbaJePH
05-28-2013, 09:17 AM
I'm on my 3rd battery on my 20 year old truck. When the bike is not on the road, it is also on a trickle charger. January, this year, I changed out the motorcycle battery. It did not want to turn the motor over in 20 degree weather. The guys checked out the battery said the old one was still good when I got the new one. My motorhome is on trickle chargers too. I am slowly moving away from the Northern Tool charger to the "Battery Tender" brand. I had a boil out from one of the Northern Tool chargers on my deep cycle battery on the motorhome.

av8rdave
05-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Along with a quick connect harness for the battery itself. I'm hoping it will significantly extend the battery life, especially since I now live where there is not a year round riding season.