PDA

View Full Version : Help with my hind parts...

Wingman
05-27-2013, 06:46 PM
As many times as I have broken my tailbone, it’s amazing that I can even ride a motorcycle. I have been looking at the Air hawks, and I am in need of some size/model recommendations from those with Air hawk experience. I am capable of doing some pretty good distances, I would like to do them in relative comfort now, I’m a bit older now and don’t have as much to prove to myself anymore. Thanks...

MichaelG
05-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Wingman, I do not know where you live in North Aoerica, but if you have a chance to get Russell Day-Long seats to make you a seat, it would be worth it. The Russell Day-Long seat is not just for serious long distance riders, but also for riders that have bad backs, compressed discs, herniated discs, fused discs, etc. I know of many riders that do NOT ride long distances, but...have very bad backs, ansd they use a Russell seat because it is internally sprung. It may not look like it from the outside, but there is a suspension system built inside the seat, and it is the ONLY custom seat made that way.

Try an airhawk cushion if you want to, but for the money...there is NOTHING better than a Russell Day-Long seat...especially for a rider with a bad back.

www.day-long.com

Wingman
05-27-2013, 07:00 PM
With a handle like “MILES”; how could I not take your advice? The Corbin on my ZG1400 works well for me but I just don’t want to spend that much coin again. I live in northeastern NC if that helps, though I do think the Air Hawk will help, thanks again.

Steve 0080
05-27-2013, 07:08 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AIR-HAWK-2-AIRHAWK-MOTORCYCLE-SEAT-CUSHION-PAD-BY-ROHO-MEDIUM-14-X14-/290699290243?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43af072683&vxp=mtr#ht_3348wt_673

This one is 14 x 14 measure the seat and see if it will fit.....I have one for my wife for the Rune and she loves it and could not ride long distance w/o it......The trick to a air hawk is...very low air pressure, it looks like a carton on eggs...when aired correctly it will look under inflated...to check if you squeeze " one " of the egg thingys flat the rest stand up and appear full..hope this helps....then again the Russell seat is the answer!!!

Wingman
05-28-2013, 08:03 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AIR-HAWK-2-AIRHAWK-MOTORCYCLE-SEAT-CUSHION-PAD-BY-ROHO-MEDIUM-14-X14-/290699290243?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43af072683&vxp=mtr#ht_3348wt_673

This one is 14 x 14 measure the seat and see if it will fit.....I have one for my wife for the Rune and she loves it and could not ride long distance w/o it......The trick to a air hawk is...very low air pressure, it looks like a carton on eggs...when aired correctly it will look under inflated...to check if you squeeze " one " of the egg thingys flat the rest stand up and appear full..hope this helps....then again the Russell seat is the answer!!!

Thanks for link! My research has turned up that 18x18 is the size needed for the Goldwing. I think I will give this a shot before I go the custom route...