PDA

View Full Version : Electricle connection help please

choptop
03-30-2014, 05:45 PM
I installed the Muth mirrors about a month ago. I purchased the Kuryakyn LED front reflector conversion #7448. Was told that I needed to purchase the Kuryakyn Adapter plug for front turn signals for F6B #7301, I did. Installed one of the reflectors, ran the wires up to the mirror and here is were I loose it. I have (2) "Y" connector plugs w/the Reflector kit and (2) Adapter plugs for turn signals w/the Adapter kit and not sure how this works w/the adapters from the Muth mirror wiring.

Helpplease

choptop
03-30-2014, 06:46 PM
I went back, took 1 more llllllllllllllong look and figured it out. Getting kind of full w/connections in the mirror area. lol

Steve 0080
03-30-2014, 10:51 PM
Don’t feel bad…I had to go see Pete at Bike MP3 to help me…. They are worth the effort !!!!!!

GiddyupF6B
03-31-2014, 07:41 AM
Are they running lights and turn signals? I couldn't seem to find a pic with them lit up?

Steve 0080
03-31-2014, 08:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lfg6er9AVLQ

GiddyupF6B
03-31-2014, 08:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lfg6er9AVLQ

Steve have you had your coffee yet? "coffee" I have the Muth mirrors but thank you for that vid showing what they look like on another black F6B, gave me a different perspective! lol.....My question is about the front led reflector signals that choptop was asking about........are they running lights and turn signals? No pics anywhere.

GiddyupF6B
03-31-2014, 08:46 AM
I installed the Muth mirrors about a month ago. I purchased the Kuryakyn LED front reflector conversion #7448. Was told that I needed to purchase the Kuryakyn Adapter plug for front turn signals for F6B #7301, I did. Installed one of the reflectors, ran the wires up to the mirror and here is were I loose it. I have (2) "Y" connector plugs w/the Reflector kit and (2) Adapter plugs for turn signals w/the Adapter kit and not sure how this works w/the adapters from the Muth mirror wiring.

Helpplease

I am going to purchase these today most likely. I know I need to order the F6B adapter wire separately but does the kit come with a "Y" connector that you mentioned above as well?

choptop
03-31-2014, 04:09 PM
I am going to purchase these today most likely. I know I need to order the F6B adapter wire separately but does the kit come with a "Y" connector that you mentioned above as well?

They are running lights and turn signals:041: The reflector kit comes w/ Y connectors but you don't use them, you use the ones out of the adapter kit #7301.

GiddyupF6B
03-31-2014, 04:22 PM
They are running lights and turn signals:041: The reflector kit comes w/ Y connectors but you don't use them, you use the ones out of the adapter kit #7301.

Great thanks!

choptop
03-31-2014, 05:22 PM
Installed the tinted front turn signal lenses at the same time as I replaced the front reflectors w/da LED's. Shop manual and McGyver belly pan came today.:lolup:

I REALLY like the smoked turn signal lenses:041:

GiddyupF6B
04-19-2014, 03:53 PM
I got the front reflector signals in and the adapters. I understand that I don't use the y connector included with the signals. What I don't understand is that the signals don't have a plug and play connector on them just 3 prongs that need to be inserted into a connector. From reading the instructions for installation and looking at the pics there will be 2 small connectors left open for accessories and these prongs won't go into either of them? I'm confused............

choptop
04-19-2014, 06:43 PM
I got the front reflector signals in and the adapters. I understand that I don't use the y connector included with the signals. What I don't understand is that the signals don't have a plug and play connector on them just 3 prongs that need to be inserted into a connector. From reading the instructions for installation and looking at the pics there will be 2 small connectors left open for accessories and these prongs won't go into either of them? I'm confused............

As I remember it, you don't use any of the Y connecters in the reflector kit but use the one in the 7301 kit, plug and play and I believe their is one connector left, in the mirror, for an add on later.

GiddyupF6B
04-19-2014, 08:23 PM
As I remember it, you don't use any of the Y connecters in the reflector kit but use the one in the 7301 kit, plug and play and I believe their is one connector left, in the mirror, for an add on later.

My lights came with 3 prongs on the end of the wire not a plug and play connector. I understand that you do not use the y adapter that came with the signals, I use the 7301 kit that I ordered. My question is according to the pics once the 7301 y adapter is installed I am left with 2 small female connectors that the 3 prongs will not plug into to. My lights end in 3 wires, not an oem style connector. Where do I plug in the 3 wires at the end of the lights?

choptop
04-19-2014, 09:36 PM
My lights came with 3 prongs on the end of the wire not a plug and play connector. I understand that you do not use the y adapter that came with the signals, I use the 7301 kit that I ordered. My question is according to the pics once the 7301 y adapter is installed I am left with 2 small female connectors that the 3 prongs will not plug into to. My lights end in 3 wires, not an oem style connector. Where do I plug in the 3 wires at the end of the lights?

Not sure on that one, I had just installed the Muth mirrors, hopefully someone will chime in, maybe start a new thread were you stick out.

GiddyupF6B
04-20-2014, 06:06 AM
Not sure on that one, I had just installed the Muth mirrors, hopefully someone will chime in, maybe start a new thread were you stick out.

I have the Muth mirrors too, we have the exact same set up that's why I was asking. Do you remember if the wires at the end of your signals had an oem connector or 3 loose wires like mine?

choptop
04-20-2014, 07:25 AM
I have the Muth mirrors too, we have the exact same set up that's why I was asking. Do you remember if the wires at the end of your signals had an oem connector or 3 loose wires like mine?

I may be having a senior moment but in your L.E.D. Front reflector Conversion Kit #7448 I think you should have (2) little black plastic housings, you have to match the ,step 8 in directions, black, red and white wires of the reflector wires, loose ones I think, put them in the suplied black housings so that when you plug them into the oem syyle block at the mirror, they match up,per step 8, Blk/blk,red/green, white/red, make sense? or those little black things come w/ kit 7330 ? can't remember, hope it helps.

GiddyupF6B
04-20-2014, 06:10 PM
I may be having a senior moment but in your L.E.D. Front reflector Conversion Kit #7448 I think you shouldve (2) little black plastic housings, you have to match the ,step 8 in directions, black, red and white wires of the reflector wires, loose ones I think, put them in the suplied black housings so that when you plug them into the oem syyle block at the mirror, they match up,per step 8, Blk/blk,red/green, white/red, make sense? or those little black things come w/ kit 7330 ? can't remember, hope it helps.

I got it.......the baggie with the zip ties and the two plastic tabs I needed fell back in the packing box. It all makes sense now, I figured I was missing something just wasn't sure what. Once I found my clips it was smooth sailing. Thanks for the help Choptop.

choptop
04-20-2014, 07:07 PM
I got it.......the baggie with the zip ties and the two plastic tabs I needed fell back in the packing box. It all makes sense now, I figured I was missing something just wasn't sure what. Once I found my clips it was smooth sailing. Thanks for the help Choptop.

No problem, if I ever pass threw your area you can buy me a beverage or two, non alcoholic of course.:icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
04-20-2014, 10:43 PM
Sorry no coffee…. yes I have the reflector lights as well and hess there are both running and turn signals…sorry for the delay...

GiddyupF6B
04-21-2014, 07:46 AM
Sorry no coffee…. yes I have the reflector lights as well and hess there are both running and turn signals…sorry for the delay...

I installed them yesterday, they are pretty sweet! :biggthumpup: