PDA

View Full Version : Cowl light switch

stepbill
03-31-2014, 12:08 PM
I installed the 960 lights from BikeMP3 and have the green switch from EC but I am unsure where to tie the switch into the lights under the radio panel and how to mount the switch to the panel? I pulled out the radio control unit and the glove box but could not see how to attach everything. Help needed!

stepbill
03-31-2014, 02:41 PM
I figured out that the back panel to the radio control unit just pops off. Got the switch installed but I still can not find where to plug it in at. I called BikeMP3 and they said that it is in a clear protector under the radio control panel but I can not find it. Does anyone else know where it might be located or have some helpful advice?

Hornblower
03-31-2014, 03:14 PM
Yes, it's there. Try looking down below where the cover goes.

Scotrod
03-31-2014, 03:16 PM
Look for a 'clear' (semi/foggy) flexible plastic 'bell-like' booty with the wiring harness running ~down~ in the top end.

Its basically open on the underside,,, Used as a 'water shield' to keep blowing water off the connections.

There is a much smaller one just underneath/forward of the LH cubby where the aux audio input is plugged in.

You're looking for a larger one semi-sorta behind the audio control panel and a bit 'forward'. Plug you're looking for is inside.

(Disclaimer: I've never been in on my audio panel. Response based upon prior reading)

F6B-RICH
03-31-2014, 07:08 PM
Did you find it???? .batman-smilie.

stepbill
03-31-2014, 07:14 PM
Did you find it???? .batman-smilie.

No, all of the clear boots have wires already connected. I found the one for the power/audio aux connection but have not found the one for the cowl lights. The lights plugged into the connectors, they were where they were supposed to be but I have not found the switch connection. I think the dealer hide it from me just to screw with me :icon_rolleyes:.

F6B-RICH
03-31-2014, 07:39 PM
The clear boot is the one in the pictures.Left side bottom.Hope this helps.I had to yank the boot up pretty hard to find the empty plug wire .batman-smilie.

stepbill
03-31-2014, 07:44 PM
Is the wire for the lights in the boot with another wire that is connected to something else?

F6B-RICH
03-31-2014, 07:50 PM
In the clear boot by the radiator I think there is 2 empty plugs in that boot.Thats where you will find the plug for your 960 lights .batman-smilie.

BACA
03-31-2014, 08:05 PM
It's a 4 prong connector....white I believe.....shouldn't be anything plugged into it either....if there is you might have to trace it out to see where it goes.........I just installed my switch.......

stepbill
03-31-2014, 08:08 PM
It's a 4 prong connector....white I believe.....shouldn't be anything plugged into it either....if there is you might have to trace it out to see where it goes.........I just installed my switch.......

Was it in a boot with other wires?

Scotrod
03-31-2014, 08:41 PM
See that short-fat thing that looks like condom with the tip blown out?

I believe it's up in dere somewhere! :icon_biggrin:

BACA
04-01-2014, 12:47 AM
Was it in a boot with other wires?

Yep, in that condom thingy........

stepbill
04-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone, especially Rich who traded umpteen pm's and photo's with me to point me in the right direction. It was in the large boot/condum under the radio console hidden by 2 other connectors. Plus, I can not remember who posted it after trial and error but I had printed out the wire color code so I knew which stock wires went with which switch wires. Great group of riders and friends!!!
.notworthy. :041:

BACA
04-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone, especially Rich who traded umpteen pm's and photo's with me to point me in the right direction. It was in the large boot/condum under the radio console hidden by 2 other connectors. Plus, I can not remember who posted it after trial and error but I had printed out the wire color code so I knew which stock wires went with which switch wires. Great group of riders and friends!!!
.notworthy. :041:

Glad you solved that problem....:yes:...my boot/condum was right on top......wonder why your's was on the bottom......Hmmmmm

kjelders
04-01-2014, 01:27 PM
......wonder why your's was on the bottom......Hmmmmm

It was built on a Friday.... :icon_mrgreen:

stepbill
04-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Glad you solved that problem....:yes:...my boot/condum was right on top......wonder why your's was on the bottom......Hmmmmm

I never said that it was in the bottom. I said that it was under the radio console in a large clear boot with 2 other connectors. Again, thanks for all the help!

BACA
04-01-2014, 10:48 PM
I am corrected!!