PDA

View Full Version : Cobra 6into6 baffle question

JAYZSTEALTH/SHIRTS
04-01-2014, 02:24 PM
What do you guys think about pulling 1 baffle per set on the Cobras just to make it a little louder.

I had all baffles out and it was too loud.
My concern is the compression without wouldnt be consistent. I am pretty sure this would not be an issue due to the fact that the change is after the CAT.
I just dont want uneven compression in the engine.. Yea maybe I am paranoid

Thanks

Steve 0080
04-01-2014, 02:31 PM
A few have done this...it is a personal choice for the volume of sound you like...

Scotrod
04-01-2014, 05:13 PM
. I am pretty sure this would not be an issue due to the fact that the change is after the CAT.

You are correct! :yes:

bobbyf6b
04-01-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm baffled. :icon_lol:

Mustangjake
04-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Compression is made in the engine and not in the exhaust system.

CaptRob
04-01-2014, 08:33 PM
I tried 1 out ,2 out and all 3 out! All sound great until I ride it.:yikes: The drone with a full face is really bad. I have Torq Loopz on the way. I will give a full report either way soon! BTW I read a thread from Cobra and they said these were designed to remove or reinstall as desired:041: No worries whatever you like! The drone makes me want to rip my ears off though:icon_redface:

JAYZSTEALTH/SHIRTS
04-02-2014, 11:36 AM
You are correct! :yes:

Thanks so much

JAYZSTEALTH/SHIRTS
04-02-2014, 11:37 AM
I tried 1 out ,2 out and all 3 out! All sound great until I ride it.:yikes: The drone with a full face is really bad. I have Torq Loopz on the way. I will give a full report either way soon! BTW I read a thread from Cobra and they said these were designed to remove or reinstall as desired:041: No worries whatever you like! The drone makes me want to rip my ears off though:icon_redface:

thanks for input and yes I had all of them out The drone was brutal thanks again

CaptRob
04-02-2014, 09:46 PM
;side-car' I learned tonight that even though I have Torq Loopz on the way ( not installed yet), riding baffles all in and wearing a lid brain bucket ( not full face!) the drone is totally doable! Night and day. Also Madstad 11" awesome, may have helped the drone I dunno. I will install the loops because I do like to wear a full face at times.
I just thought I would post my recent discovery because I have been so down on the Cobras and they really do sound mean especially under gas station roof!