PDA

View Full Version : New dress for Steve O's riser

hiflyer
04-02-2014, 08:00 AM
I had posted a pic of the vinyl sleeve I made for the riser I got from Steve (which is the perfect height btw), I redid it by adding a little foam to the backside to give it the beefy look. Oh......and the Budster says "Hi" to everyone.

F6BPDX
04-02-2014, 01:18 PM
I had posted a pic of the vinyl sleeve I made for the riser I got from Steve (which is the perfect height btw), I redid it by adding a little foam to the backside to give it the beefy look. Oh......and the Budster says "Hi" to everyone.

Very nice. The "that model needs a sammitch" thinness of the riser was the only thing I didn't care for in Steve's design (but I waited too long and missed out anyhow).

Steve 0080
04-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Very nice addition!!!!!!

Bruce B
04-02-2014, 02:24 PM
For those still needing a passenger rider backrest riser and having a problem since Steve's are all gone, there may still be a great alternative. I got an adjustable riser from Storm Lake Honda in Storm Lake, Iowa. It's easily adjustable from from low (about a half inch higher than stock) to as high as you'd ever want to go. Powder coated black. IMHO, F6B backrests look a lot better in the low position.This riser allows the low position but still allows me to raise it for a passenger. Passengers love the comfort of being to adjust to whatever height fits. I think it may have been a limited production item. I paid $150, well worth it for the adjustability in a good looking riser. Haven't seen them advertised so they may be gone. Or, since they weren't being marketed heavily, maybe there's a price break now. www.stormlakehonda.com They should have pictures too.