PDA

View Full Version : How Many Of You Have BELLS? (not Balls)

dickiedeals
04-02-2014, 11:47 AM
Legend has it that Evil Road Spirits have been latching themselves on motorcycles for as long as there have been bikes on the road. These Evil Road Spirits are responsible for mechanical problems and bad luck along a journey...Legend goes on to say that by attaching a small bell onto your bike, the evil road spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane, making them lose their grip until they fall to the ground.(Ever wonder where potholes come from?)..Legend also has it that the mystery of the Bell carries twice as much power when it is purchased by a friend or loved one and given as a gift. Show someone how much you care. Offer them defense against Evil Road Spirits! Give them a Bell and share the legend of good luck it offers to a motorcycle and its Rider!................I don't know if I'm a believer or not but I have been given 3 such Bells buy fellow riders and loved ones that I display proudly! ...........Do others on the forum have these Bells?.....................Dickie

stepbill
04-02-2014, 12:00 PM
I have one bell and a mini set of brass balls attached under my bike.

Phantom
04-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Legend has it that Evil Road Spirits have been latching themselves on motorcycles for as long as there have been bikes on the road. These Evil Road Spirits are responsible for mechanical problems and bad luck along a journey...Legend goes on to say that by attaching a small bell onto your bike, the evil road spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane, making them lose their grip until they fall to the ground.(Ever wonder where potholes come from?)..Legend also has it that the mystery of the Bell carries twice as much power when it is purchased by a friend or loved one and given as a gift. Show someone how much you care. Offer them defense against Evil Road Spirits! Give them a Bell and share the legend of good luck it offers to a motorcycle and its Rider!................I don't know if I'm a believer or not but I have been given 3 such Bells buy fellow riders and loved ones that I display proudly! ...........Do others on the forum have these Bells?.....................Dickie

Is this a Harley legend? :tomatohit: :stirthepot: 'motorcycle-rider4;

Seriously, some of my friends do have them … none own a Honda :shrug: call it coincidence. :icon_mrgreen:

dickiedeals
04-02-2014, 12:05 PM
I have one bell and a mini set of brass balls attached under my bike.

After getting stopped 4 times and warned about my brass balls,(Seems they violate some Florida Law) I gave them to my brother! He loves them........Dickie

dickiedeals
04-02-2014, 12:09 PM
Is this a Harley legend? :tomatohit: :stirthepot: 'motorcycle-rider4;

Seriously, some of my friends do have them … none own a Honda :shrug: call it coincidence. :icon_mrgreen:

Nope, Its a Motorcycle legend. Probably more profound among Harley riders though..Dickie

Scotrod
04-02-2014, 12:36 PM
No bells for me. Wife likes 'em, so I get her at least one for her bike each time. She in turns asks if I'd want one. "Nope"

Had 2 given to me at MSF. (1 for 100% on the written test and another for 100% on the driving test) Immediately gave them to other participants in the class.

Dunno, just haven't gotten into the bell thing on my bikes. :shrug:

Scotrod
04-02-2014, 12:39 PM
After getting stopped 4 times and warned about my brass balls,(Seems they violate some Florida Law) I gave them to my brother! He loves them........Dickie

I was going to get a set of pink ones, 'surgically remove' the lower half and secretly tie what was left to my friends S-glide,,,

See how long it would take for him to notice. :icon_biggrin:

Phantom
04-02-2014, 12:42 PM
No Bell for me but ….
I do have STRONG magnets under my bikes so that when I pull up to a traffic light, it disrupts the sensors' magnetic field and triggers the sensors on the ground to change the light from red to green :icon_wink:

F6BPDX
04-02-2014, 12:44 PM
I do have one, which was given to me by a good friend as soon as I bought my first bike (a 2012 Suzuki Boulevard). It was attached prior to my first ride. When I was trading in for my F6B I had to ride home to have my wife sign the paperwork as well, and they let me take the F6B. I had not swapped over my bell or anything else at this point. On the way back to the dealership I took a wrong turn, tried a slow speed u-turn due to a dead end, and dropped the bike....before I even officially owned it...:icon_doh:

I haven't ridden without the bell since then and no more drops.......coincidence?....probably, but I will take it anyhow!

F6B-RICH
04-02-2014, 12:51 PM

Well at least someone wanted your balls (your brother) I can not find anyone who wants my balls .batman-smilie.

dickiedeals
04-02-2014, 12:53 PM
No Bell for me but ….
I do have STRONG magnets under my bikes so that when I pull up to a traffic light, it disrupts the sensors' magnetic field and triggers the sensors on the ground to change the light from red to green :icon_wink:

Do They Work?........................Dickie

Scotrod
04-02-2014, 01:01 PM
I can not find anyone who wants my balls .batman-smilie.

If they are pink, mail 'em to me so I can cut 'em up/ tie 'em to a certain S-Glide! :stirthepot:

F6B-RICH
04-02-2014, 01:03 PM
:yes: Yes I have a bell.It has a skull on it .batman-smilie.

Phantom
04-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Do They Work?........................Dickie

Yes they do. If you see lines/grooves on the asphalt, that is a electrical field triggering device that is disrupted by vehicles that have a large amount of Steel, Aluminum framed Bikes like our Hondas have very little steel to trigger the lights in most instances. A very strong magnet under your bike will disrupt the electrical field and trigger the light to change.

Years ago, I used to sit in a left turn lane sometimes through 2 complete light cycles until a car pulled up behind me to trigger the device. Once I added magnets … no more waiting for me.

Similar to the following ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/N50-Neodymium-Magnet-2x1x1-2-w-Countersunk-hole-for-10-Screw-1-Count-/310865333802?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4861048e2a

dickiedeals
04-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Yes they do. If you see lines/grooves on the asphalt, that is a electrical field triggering device that is disrupted by vehicles that have a large amount of Steel, Aluminum framed Bikes like our Hondas have very little steel to trigger the lights in most instances. A very strong magnet under your bike will disrupt the electrical field and trigger the light to change.

Years ago, I used to sit in a left turn lane sometimes through 2 complete light cycles until a car pulled up behind me to trigger the device. Once I added magnets … no more waiting for me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/N50-Neodymium-Magnet-2x1x1-2-w-Countersunk-hole-for-10-Screw-1-Count-/310865333802?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4861048e2a

Dickiedeals sells them on ebay for $11.95 ea." Buy two" and you get One Free. All with free Shipping Three work way better than one. They are called Traffic Light Wizards....I thought you knew I sell them. Thats why I asked if they work. I know they work.Been selling then for 8 years...........Dickie

Phantom
04-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Dickiedeals sells them on ebay for $11.95 ea." Buy two" and you get One Free. All with free Shipping Three work way better than one. They are called Traffic Light Wizards....I thought you knew I sell them. Thats why I asked if they work. I know they work.Been selling then for 8 years...........Dickie

:tequila: you're driving me to drink ….

I didn't know that you had these :icon_doh: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traffic-Light-Wizard-Tripper-Changer-Asian-Motorcycles-Buy-Two-Get-One-Free-/280900448994?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4166f8b2e2

dickiedeals
04-02-2014, 06:17 PM

I didn't know that you had these :icon_doh: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traffic-Light-Wizard-Tripper-Changer-Asian-Motorcycles-Buy-Two-Get-One-Free-/280900448994?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4166f8b2e2

Yep that's me.....................Dickie

Deer Slayer
04-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Mount your deer whistle backwards so as to have the deer run away!:yikes::cheers:

Scotrod
04-02-2014, 08:36 PM

Nah, we're just making your life 'interesting'!!!!! :icon_biggrin:

hill881
04-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Had one on my bike but someone stole it. Broke the mounting bolt right off the bike. I was always told that the bell has to be given to you by a friend.

Retired Army
04-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Mount your deer whistle backwards so as to have the deer run away!:yikes::cheers:

Reversing the whistle produces a grow deer instead of a go deer tune . :yikes:

Darkknight
04-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Yep I got two Bells

BEIST
01-27-2016, 05:10 AM

Bought my brother a bell for his new CVO Street Glide.

shortleg0521
01-27-2016, 06:23 PM
First one I put on was on a 750 Honda in 1970. I still have the same bell on the F6B.
It has worked so far. I am still alive.
shortleg

Greg O
01-27-2016, 06:37 PM
Had one on my bike but someone stole it. Broke the mounting bolt right off the bike. I was always told that the bell has to be given to you by a friend.

Yes, that is true, that is why I don't have one. I have no friends. Does someone want to give me a bell and be my friend.

stepbill
01-27-2016, 07:26 PM
Yes, that is true, that is why I don't have one. I have no friends. Does someone want to give me a bell and be my friend.

Send me a PM with your address and I'll mail you one.

ths61
01-27-2016, 07:50 PM
Got a bell but have yet to install it.

Do you have a steel belly pan as well ? Which would work better, magnet or ferrous belly pan ?

Also, FWIW, a good source for strong magnets are inside of your old dead spinner hard drives.

Dirtstiff's F6B
01-27-2016, 10:40 PM
Yep, to the Angel Bells( more precisely skull bells), given me by others.
And yep, I have given many to others.
Call it whatever; good will jesture, courtesy, a blessing, Karma....

Can't hurt. Maybe they neutralize the balls on the bike.

blueverclear
01-28-2016, 01:42 AM

Same with me, it was on the bike so I'm keeping it on but its the first one Ive had some idk how lucky they are..... guess we will see.

Gant

wjduke
01-28-2016, 05:23 AM
I look at this two ways. I had one and got hit by a car last year. However, I'm still here and riding again...

seadog
01-28-2016, 08:13 AM
The evil road spirits will be tamed only if the bell is given to you by a friend, you cannot get the bell yourself if you expect the magic to work like its suppose too. So I suggest a pay it forward move, buy one and send it to your friend and in return he buys one and sends it too you. I live on the premise that the evil road spirits are scared of Honda's because they are used to those slow old Harleys. So I just throw caution to the wind and travel the highways without a bell.

oldman
01-28-2016, 01:24 PM
I've been riding motorcycles for over 30 years and had never heard of this bell superstitution until about 3 years ago. A good friend, who is a lifelong HD rider, gave me one as a gift and told me about the whole myth, including that is has to be give to you, not bought by yourself. I hung it from the license plate, and then moved it to my current bike when I bought it 2 years ago. Someone else told me that it not only holds off the evil spirits, but keeps the elephants away. I will admit that since I put the bell on my bike there has not been even one elephant on the road when I am riding. I'm a believer!

radi0chik
01-28-2016, 03:42 PM
I will admit that since I put the bell on my bike there has not been even one elephant on the road when I am riding. I'm a believer!

hahahaha! :icon_mrgreen:

gregj
03-14-2016, 06:44 PM
Here is my "bell". Just got the new B home, and this is the first thing on her. I know, not quite a bell, but it serves the same purpose to me. It was a gag gift from a friend several years ago. Several of us VTXers were on a ride, and stopped for gas. When I came out, they were all laughing. Took me a little while to figure out what was going on. I have a JD tractor, and since my VTX was the 03 Uranium Green, it just fit. This bell still means a lot to me, has kept me pretty safe, this will be the 3rd bike it's been on, well over 250K miles. Reminds me of good friends, good times, and good rides.

Be safe y'all.

dickiedeals
03-14-2016, 09:04 PM
2 bells on mine. Both gifts from other people.....One on each side......Was ringing the hell out of them in the twisties riding with Big Dawg And Cool Hand last year...................Dickie

ShanghaiDan
03-14-2016, 09:48 PM
Got a bell but have yet to install it.

Do you have a steel belly pan as well ? Which would work better, magnet or ferrous belly pan ?

Also, FWIW, a good source for strong magnets are inside of your old dead spinner hard drives.

The ferrous belly pan. The magnet won't work. The way the coils work is to detect the change in inductance (increase) when steel is near the loop. A non-ferrous metal (or weakly ferrous, like a magnet) won't do anything, it won't increase the inductance of the loop and thus it won't be detected. You really need ferrous metal near the coil to make it work.

beppok
07-26-2016, 01:37 AM
Left Mine On The Harley And Never Looked Back.

Aardvark
07-26-2016, 01:54 AM
Can't ride without one.

junkyarddog
07-26-2016, 07:11 AM

I'll go get the car...:lolup:

Bob Penn
07-26-2016, 07:35 AM
Legend goes on to say that by attaching a small bell onto your bike, the evil road spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane, making them lose their grip until they fall to the ground......................Dickie

I had one, but the ringing was driving me insane so I figured I had better get rid of it before I lost my grip!!

wjduke
07-26-2016, 08:07 AM
I had one and got hit by a car anyway...I'm all set on that myth.

seadog
07-26-2016, 09:23 AM
My F6B is so quiet I blow right by those evil road spirits before they even know I'm there so no bell for me, they might hear it ringing and jump on board. LOL

RickJ
07-26-2016, 10:25 AM
No Bell for me but ….

...or GREEN to RED??

shooter
07-26-2016, 04:12 PM
I defer to Dukes judgment on this one. He said screw the bell.

unsub
07-26-2016, 09:02 PM
Oh my....I had bowling balls but they slowed me down..the fact that this thread has been given a second chance tells me the vendors must be onto something with these bells. They must have magical powers.:jerkit:

broncsrule21
07-26-2016, 11:02 PM
Had the dealer install my whip and bell. can't figure out where this chrome air cleaner goes though:icon_rolleyes:

BIGLRY
07-26-2016, 11:12 PM
Had the dealer install my whip and bell. can't figure out where this chrome air cleaner goes though:icon_rolleyes:
How about here?'youwish'

http://demonscy.ipower.com/i_pics/air_cleaner_spike_chrome_harley_ss_cv_mikuni_bikin i_chick.jpg

broncsrule21
07-26-2016, 11:50 PM
Yes! that is the perfect spot!"fireybat"

shooter
07-27-2016, 06:31 AM
How about here?'youwish'

http://demonscy.ipower.com/i_pics/air_cleaner_spike_chrome_harley_ss_cv_mikuni_bikin i_chick.jpg

That's not where I'd put it , but then I'm kinda kinky.

2kewlgypsy
07-27-2016, 11:25 AM
I have given out a bell or two, and yes, my wife and I have them on our bikes, and my son on his as well. Seems to be more about the giving and receiving of the bell than anything else. We each could tell you a pretty cool story about the person that gave us our bells over a frosty beverage sometime. (Although they son, at 15 years old, it will be a frosty mug of root beer)

RLatt
07-28-2016, 12:00 PM

Phantom,

Could you tell us how / where you mounted these?

MotoMike
08-05-2016, 05:56 PM
I have two large ones that clank together and throw sparks when they hit the pavement . Ohhh, BELLS. Sorry.
Yup, you must be gifted with the bell otherwise they have no gremlin deflecting powers.

blackmetoc
08-05-2016, 06:20 PM

My big steel balls seem to trip the light device well. No magnets needed. :-)