PDA

View Full Version : Saddlebag doors

stepbill
04-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Does everyone else have to really slam their saddlebag doors to get the open door display to go off?

Scotrod
04-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Slam? Never. Apply additional pressure in specific locations to fully engage the 2 latch's on each bag? Pretty much always. :icon_wink:

unsub
04-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Just push 'till it clicks.

F6BPDX
04-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Slam? Never. Apply additional pressure in specific locations to fully engage the 2 latch's on each bag? Pretty much always. :icon_wink:

:agree::icon_ditto:

Scotrod
04-02-2014, 12:58 PM
The lids dual latches combined with the weather stripping are a bit more 'finicky' to close than lids w/one latch.

Quite a few other manufacturers have one-latch systems that are a bit more robust/easier to latch, but apparently the 2 latch system enables the use of lighter weight bag materials and/or promotes a nice seal.

Mine seem to seal up well, and an additional well-placed ~push~ or 2 is pretty much the routine I use to close now. :shrug:

Very nice to have the 'bag open' warning,,, especially with our side-opening bags. :yikes:

RT59
04-02-2014, 01:12 PM
After using the normal amount of pressure that I feel should close the door, I like to employ what can best be described as the " Fonze" technique to seat the door and make the display happy.. Use a closed fist and give the top center of the door a gentle tap. Good things happen... and you can say "eeehhh" if it adds to the experience.

-R

stepbill
04-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up!!! Will try pushing in where both latches catch. :icon_redface:

TwinCitiesRider
04-02-2014, 05:53 PM
I've noticed the same when closing the lids. They look close but need an extra push. Nothing hard or abrupt, just put your hand on the lid and push a second time.

CaptRob
04-02-2014, 09:30 PM
yup
:werd:

jaygollner
04-02-2014, 10:06 PM
I've noticed the same when closing the lids. They look close but need an extra push. Nothing hard or abrupt, just put your hand on the lid and push a second time.

100% agree with you no real force required just a little nudge.

Texas TC
04-02-2014, 10:43 PM
This is the only Wing of three I have owned that the lids work properly. On my two previous wings, they always stuck when opening. The ones on the F6B work perfectly. I never have to slam them shut and they open perfectly every time.:041:

Fla_rider
04-17-2014, 09:11 PM
I heard it happens mostly with the slower black models!'riding'

royr
04-18-2014, 04:39 AM
This is the only Wing of three I have owned that the lids work properly. On my two previous wings, they always stuck when opening. The ones on the F6B work perfectly. I never have to slam them shut and they open perfectly every time.:041:

+1 same here

motozeke
04-18-2014, 11:55 AM
I hold the passenger grab rails for leverage and press the lid with my knees steadily until I hear the last click. I would never manhandle anything on a motorcycle, especially anything plastic.

GONRDN
04-18-2014, 12:31 PM
I usually lay on my back facing the saddlebag and use my feet to close them. A nice gentle but firm push just to make sure the latch catches. This is only if it isn't raining out.

unsub
04-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Does everyone else have to really slam their saddlebag doors to get the open door display to go off?

is it working better for you now?

LX2
04-18-2014, 01:19 PM
I usually lay on my back facing the saddlebag and use my feet to close them. A nice gentle but firm push just to make sure the latch catches. This is only if it isn't raining out.

I hope you are at least wiping your shoes off first :lolup:

ghostrider
04-18-2014, 02:27 PM

Okay, this made me laugh. :lolup:

unsub
04-18-2014, 03:55 PM

Decals located inside the saddlebags at the time of purchase. Sales staff put mine on for me. Maybe yours didn't?:icon_biggrin: