PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Lock Opinions

Alberta Beagle
05-28-2013, 05:12 PM
I know opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one.

As such, please opine regarding your experience with throttle locks as I think I would like to add one to my F6B for those long strait stretches of prairie I ride on occasion.

Please be objective and post your likes and dislikes (if any).

Beagle

ghostrider
05-28-2013, 05:27 PM
The Go Cruise aluminum (adjustable) throttle lock works great for me. It may look a little funky but the simplicity and ease of use makes up for any funkiness. I don't think it can be beat for the price and ease of use.

av8rdave
05-28-2013, 05:38 PM
And have a throttlemeister on my F6B. The rocker was OK, but on real long hauls, it still put some strain on the wrist. The Throttlemeister seems better, since it takes away any need for muscle input to the throttle - unless you need to override it. On hills and curves, I prefer no lock at all.

bob109
05-28-2013, 06:17 PM
I have to agree with Ghostrider:icon_biggrin:

The adjustability and ease of use of the Go Cruise is great. For the price I don't think there's anything as simplistic and user friendly. Had the opportunity to do some riding on the interstate yesterday and gave the GC several "set and release" tries and it worked flawlessly. Forefinger for setting and thumb for releasing with gloves on was a breeze. You can roll off the throttle to release it also. The anodized black finish is a plus as it blends in with its surroundings.:icon_wink:

Cool Hand Luke
05-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Well, I thought I add my two cents. I installed and used throttlemeister and it is awesome. I think it looks the best of all throttle locks out there, it is easy to use and works as advertised. I never used it before but I really like it. I don't miss Goldwing cruise anymore, actually I think this one is my favorite. Goldwing cruise had a lag to it that annoyed me, so it wasn't very fast to setup or change speed. By contrast, my BMW K1200LT cruise reacted instantly and was much better. Throttlemeister locks the throttle but I can still very easily modulate the throttle. I bought the polished look as you can see in pictures. The other day I followed a friend on somewhat twisty country back roads and I was able to use throttlemeister very succesfully during the ride. It is easy to disengage, too. It looks like it came with the bike.

Buy what works for you, we all have different tastes and budgets. Things that matter to me may be different for you. Ride safe!

edgeman55
05-28-2013, 08:18 PM
This is the Breakaway.Not cheap,some will say it does not look good on the bike but it works for me and I like that it unlocks with a push of the button or by grabbing the front brake lever.Had one for 6 years on my 05 Roadstar and got so use to it that I put one on my F6B.

UTurn
05-29-2013, 06:49 AM

The adjustability and ease of use of the Go Cruise is great. For the price I don't think there's anything as simplistic and user friendly. Had the opportunity to do some riding on the interstate yesterday and gave the GC several "set and release" tries and it worked flawlessly. Forefinger for setting and thumb for releasing with gloves on was a breeze. You can roll off the throttle to release it also. The anodized black finish is a plus as it blends in with its surroundings.:icon_wink:

I just bought one and an still tinkering with the adjustment. I find my thumb (on the open end of the gocruize) can both set and release perfectly.

bob109
05-29-2013, 07:54 AM
I just bought one and an still tinkering with the adjustment. I find my thumb (on the open end of the gocruize) can both set and release perfectly.

If there was a thumb tab extension approximately 3/8" long on the bottom arm that would make the Go Cruise Golden. :clap2:

I'll have to give the set and release functions a try with my thumb only:icon_biggrin:

MichaelG
05-29-2013, 08:21 AM
I just orderd a new Go Cruise, on the recommendations of Bob and Dave. I tried the BrakeAway Cruise, and it did not work well "for me". I sent it back to them. I found on this last 5100 mile trip that I do need a cruise, but really do wish Honda had included the Honda cruise on these bikes.

BTW, to Cool Hand Luke, that did not like the lag in the Honda cruise...it is adjustable. After having 3 of those Golwings, I know that the cruise lag can be adjusted out of the system, and mine were made to engage within 1/4 of a mph of the speed I had set, and was very accurate in resetting, accelerating up, or coasting down.

Texas TC
05-29-2013, 08:35 AM

:agree:

jkelley
05-29-2013, 10:09 AM
I agree with Miles,

Throttle locks are a slight help but not really a good solution especially here in the mountains.

I miss cruise on this thing more than I thought I would. Pete said he has the cruise done, now working on the controls so hopefully soon we will have a real solution for these things that Honda should have put on from the beginning.

MYSTER REE
05-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Well, I thought I add my two cents. I installed and used throttlemeister and it is awesome. I think it looks the best of all throttle locks out there, it is easy to use and works as advertised. I never used it before but I really like it. I don't miss Goldwing cruise anymore, actually I think this one is my favorite. Goldwing cruise had a lag to it that annoyed me, so it wasn't very fast to setup or change speed. By contrast, my BMW K1200LT cruise reacted instantly and was much better. Throttlemeister locks the throttle but I can still very easily modulate the throttle. I bought the polished look as you can see in pictures. The other day I followed a friend on somewhat twisty country back roads and I was able to use throttlemeister very succesfully during the ride. It is easy to disengage, too. It looks like it came with the bike.

Buy what works for you, we all have different tastes and budgets. Things that matter to me may be different for you. Ride safe!

Where did you find the F6B badge you have on the front of your bike?

Cool Hand Luke
05-30-2013, 08:00 PM
Where did you find the F6B badge you have on the front of your bike?

I bought it from www.chromecarletters.com, these are 1" gun black mercedes benz style letters. They come with double sided tape on back and are direct replacement for OEM car letters. I want to get rid of both 'Honda' emblems front and back and have 'F6B' instead. I have just ordered chromed letters .75" from them as well to replace smaller 'Honda' logo in the back. I will post a picture when it arrives and is mounted.

It looks like the bike came that way.

MNF6B
05-30-2013, 08:42 PM

I tried the Go Cruise solution and it did not work for me. I just installed the Throttlemeister and so far so good.
I have the same Baggershield windshield as you do. You sir, have good taste!

MYSTER REE
05-31-2013, 08:32 AM
I bought it from www.chromecarletters.com, these are 1" gun black mercedes benz style letters. They come with double sided tape on back and are direct replacement for OEM car letters. I want to get rid of both 'Honda' emblems front and back and have 'F6B' instead. I have just ordered chromed letters .75" from them as well to replace smaller 'Honda' logo in the back. I will post a picture when it arrives and is mounted.

It looks like the bike came that way.

Thanks for the info.

dougvtx
07-18-2013, 10:04 PM
I tried the Go Cruise solution and it did not work for me. I just installed the Throttlemeister and so far so good.
I have the same Baggershield windshield as you do. You sir, have good taste!

I tried a Kaoko Cruise Control *throttlelock*. It required removing the throttle bar end weight which is way too much work for one person. I use a Go Cruise. If the Throttlemeister is easy to install, I'll have to order one. I appreciate your input.

Philbert40
07-19-2013, 08:37 PM
OK....so the F6B has a 1 inch handle bar...or...7/8's handle bar....???

bob109
07-19-2013, 08:48 PM
OK....so the F6B has a 1 inch handle bar...or...7/8's handle bar....???

The F6B has 7/8" bars! If you order the adjustable aluminum Go Cruise it's one size fits all. If you get the plastic version you get the 7/8" size.

Yeahoo Whoyah
07-19-2013, 10:23 PM
adjustable aluminum Go Cruise it's one size fits all
I've had both and the aluminum one is absoutely worth the extra $.

bobbyf6b
07-19-2013, 10:31 PM
The research I did told me we had 1 inch bars so I bought the 1 inch Go Cruise. It works but the 7/8 inch one might fit better. Why does bar size matter anyway when grip size is the main concern? I have those foam grip things so the 1 inch works ok.

Where did you find the adjustable one?

GNW
04-14-2014, 09:08 AM
Ordered a Kaoko control from Twisted Throttle.
Looks like it will be around a month before I get it at best.
If you are in a hurry you might just want to go with the competitors.