PDA

View Full Version : Black Generation 2 Fork Brace or Superbrace ?

choptop
04-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Kuryakyn is a bit more expensive but which is better ?

hiflyer
04-04-2014, 11:06 AM
Kuryakyn is a bit more expensive but which is better ?

Whichever one you buy! Both do the same thing. Saving money is always good.

F6B-RICH
04-04-2014, 11:12 AM
I think both are good.My thinking was some people say a fork brace works and others say they noticed no benefit.So with that thinking I got the SuperBrace because it was cheaper and after my blunder and SuperBrace stepped up for free I am and will always be a SuperBrace fan .batman-smilie.

Scotrod
04-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Not sure,,, An incorrectly installed brace may be problematic,,
The 2 flavors do have slightly different installation procedures,,, Best to install exactly as instructed.
Wife and I have the Kury's. Happy so far!

Bruce B
04-04-2014, 12:51 PM
It appears that the Kury has more parts that need to be screwed together than the Super Brace. I would think that fewer parts being fastened together would lead to better long term rigidity. Just a thought. Also, in the past I've had less than stellar performance from Kury finishes, both chrome and gloss black. I've got the Super Brace and have been well satisfied with it.

choptop
04-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Supperbrace it is.

XKnight
08-24-2014, 11:04 AM
Recently read this quote on the Traxxion site referencing fork braces and it has me wondering which fork brace they are referring too.

With a common two-piece design, it is impossible to allow for machining and assembly tolerances which can lead to very high levels of stiction, poor suspension feel, worn bushings, and premature fork seal leaks.

opas ride
08-24-2014, 11:40 AM
For me, I am leaving well enough alone. The bike works great for me and I am one of those that feels" if it ain't broke why fix it"..??

Texas TC
08-24-2014, 04:32 PM
I have had the SuperBrace on my F6B for over 20,000 miles with no problems. No Front tire wear, replaced at 17,000 because of a nail but could have gone to 20,000 if not for flat. No front end issues either. I am very pleased with my black SuperBrace.

smokinjoe187
08-24-2014, 04:59 PM
I have had the SuperBrace on my F6B for over 20,000 miles with no problems. No Front tire wear, replaced at 17,000 because of a nail but could have gone to 20,000 if not for flat. No front end issues either. I am very pleased with my black SuperBrace.

well,i have 24 k on the front tire now,i ride daily with no fork brace..not that i have ever seen any reason to have one..if it aint broke....:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes ::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes: :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

opas ride
08-24-2014, 06:15 PM
+1....No real need for one....(Marketing magic)111

Steve 0080
08-24-2014, 09:57 PM
Some folks can "feel" with they have a tire down 2#'s of air, others not so much.....it's just different for different types of riders

Texas TC
08-25-2014, 06:53 PM
Some folks can "feel" with they have a tire down 2#'s of air, others not so much.....it's just different for different types of riders

Thanks Steve. I am one of those feel the pressure guys. I run 40# front and rear and can tell when pressure drops to 38. 50 years of riding many types and brands of motorcycles and a touch of OCD will do that to a person I guess.

But I still like the "feel" of the F6B with my SuperBrace. This is the first time I have had a fork brace in all these years of riding and wish I had discovered them many years and bikes ago.

XKnight
09-04-2014, 05:15 PM
It appears that the Kury has more parts that need to be screwed together than the Super Brace. I would think that fewer parts being fastened together would lead to better long term rigidity. Just a thought. Also, in the past I've had less than stellar performance from Kury finishes, both chrome and gloss black. I've got the Super Brace and have been well satisfied with it.

I went with the black Kuryakyn Fork Brace because it was the cheapest and in this case more parts is actually a better design. I agree that Kury chrome finishes leave something to be desired and there have been lots of complaints with the chrome peeling of. My hope is that the black finish on my Kury brace will be better than the chrome they use. Only time will tell.