PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here converted a wing to F6 spec.'s

scmurdock
04-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Hi All,

I've ordered the ordered all the Honda parts to convert the rear of my '13 wing to F6B spec. Has anyone here made the same change who can offer some tips? I'm really looking forward to the transformation. Silver F6 wanna B.

Thanks for any comments and advise. I'll provide some strip tease pictures as things develop.

Steve

FlaMike
04-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Don't know of anybody here that has actually done the work, but Schroader's Honda in Hendersonville NC did a Blue and Silver one for '13 WingDing.
It was a sharp looking bike with all the good Wing stuff and no trunk. Seem to remember that Schroader's offered this conversion as a rather costly option to late model Wing owners.
It would be nice to see your conversion as it happens.

scmurdock
04-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Thanks Mike. I did a fly and ride from Maine to get my bike from Schroaders. They are providing all the parts for the conversion. Shouldn't be too hard to do if I'm patient?

Steve 0080
04-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Here is all you need......$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

German
05-04-2014, 09:09 PM
Only need $ 1.000.00:041::041:

German
05-04-2014, 09:17 PM
To convert a single F6B GL1800 need around $1,000.00. have to start by buying a stock seat, on another occasion put stock photos of the work I'm doing, step by step.

fxdl2051
05-11-2014, 08:20 AM
I thought I read elsewhere that Honda had redesigned the rear portion of frame and it wasn't a straight bolt on for the f6b tail? But if it's indeed a straight make over without a lot of modding, it sounds like a great idea.
I've seen one aftermarket attachment kit that covers the area where the trunk was, while keeping the stock seat. It's $500 and not really very attractive.
Too bad there's no detachable trunk option like HD offers, on again/off again as need dictates.
ss^,
Ken

hiflyer
05-11-2014, 08:50 AM
I thought I read elsewhere that Honda had redesigned the rear portion of frame and it wasn't a straight bolt on for the f6b tail? But if it's indeed a straight make over without a lot of modding, it sounds like a great idea.
I've seen one aftermarket attachment kit that covers the area where the trunk was, while keeping the stock seat. It's $500 and not really very attractive.
Too bad there's no detachable trunk option like HD offers, on again/off again as need dictates.
ss^,
Ken

You mean like this? Where there's a will, there's a way. I did it, then undid it. I like the 6 better without it.