PDA

View Full Version : Newly Found Throttle Control

Green Hornet
04-05-2014, 01:13 PM
I've tried the Breakaway. Expensive, a lot of hardware, but it works well. I tried the Go Cruise. Inexpensive, works well, but I just don't like the large arm always visible. I came across a device made by Motorcycle Accessory Design (www.madcorider.com). Priced between the above mentioned products at $124. Made for the Goldwing 7/8 inch, black powder coated, simple. Looks like a very high quality Vista Cruise, which is not available for the GL 1800. Simple, elegant, and high quality machining. The gentleman's name is Bill Arbuckle. His number is 619-423-5693.

hiflyer
04-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Looks good! I take it you don't have heated grips?

Tbone56
04-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Looks good! I take it you don't have heated grips?

Website says it will work with heated grips!

NCF6B
04-05-2014, 06:08 PM
familiar with Breakaway. high quality product. Can u explain how this one works? thanks

firetech
04-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Looks like a real nice piece.
By the way, LOVE the grips in color, excellent touch. :biggthumpup:

bobbyf6b
04-05-2014, 09:12 PM
By the way, LOVE the grips in color, excellent touch. :biggthumpup:

Ditto, looks awesome.

Scotrod
04-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Back in my VTX days,,, If memory serves, the grip must be removed from the sleeve, Madco slipped on over the sleeve, and grip reinstalled. Grip will be slid out about the width of the Madco unit.

Not a problem w/Kury grips, but wondering if a person w/OEM grips and bar weights would have to trim the outside end of the grip just a little bit to be able to re-install the bar weight. :shrug: If so, not that big of a deal anyway.

Looks to be very east to use!

Green Hornet
04-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Just rode 260 miles with the new throttle control. Works beautifully. So simple. Push the level down and it grabs the throttle. You can adjust the amount of tension so you can back off the throttle easily if you wish. This is a winner.

Hornblower
04-06-2014, 02:06 PM
Website says it will work with heated grips!

I'll take your word for that but honestly, I don't see how that would work. In addition, good luck with removing your heated grip per the instructions they give without damaging the heat element. From what I've heard, it doesn't take much twisting or stretching at all to ruin that element. Finally, this device looks very similar to the BrakeAway throttle lock and they have this to say on their site:

NOTE: The BrakeAway cruise control is not compatible with factory or aftermarket heated grips on any model.

Scotrod
04-06-2014, 02:15 PM
I believe the Madco works by 'squeezing/holding' the throttle sleeve while Breakaway / GoCruise etc 'squeeze/hold' the grip.

Can't remember for sure, but thought I read where the ~concern~ with the Breakaway used on heated grips was the ~potential~ (however small) that the heater wires may become entangled with the mechanical 'disengage' linkage that extends to the front brake lever.:shrug:

I do like the simple lever operation of the Madco. Currently, my Kaoko is working just fine! :icon_biggrin:

Green Hornet
04-06-2014, 07:22 PM
I have no idea if this is compatible with heated grips. Mine are not. Perhaps you should call the owned of the company to find out how it works. I can tell you, it does. I didn't want to start a debate, just inform people of another device that I hadn't seen on the board which works well and is a clean design.

Steve 0080
04-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Looks very nice!!! Thanks for posting!!!!! SO…..who is going to try it on heated grips?????

naga viper
04-07-2014, 12:30 AM
Looks very nice!!! Thanks for posting!!!!! SO…..who is going to try it on heated grips?????

+1 May Try On Heated Grips?
I liked my old breakaway was very safe.

LX2
04-11-2014, 07:10 AM
I have no idea if this is compatible with heated grips. Mine are not. Perhaps you should call the owned of the company to find out how it works. I can tell you, it does. I didn't want to start a debate, just inform people of another device that I hadn't seen on the board which works well and is a clean design.

Their reply was...........not recommended with heated grips

DANGITT!!!!!!!!

Scotrod
04-11-2014, 07:38 AM
There was a time when sailing to the edge of the earth 'wasn't recommended' either,,,, :stirthepot: Just one of those things you'll have to think through yourself,,, clearly identify the perils,, plan on how you would avoid those perils, and then decide,,, "whatcha gonna do!!???!!" :stirthepot:

stepbill
04-11-2014, 08:11 AM
There was a time when sailing to the edge of the earth 'wasn't recommended' either,,,, :stirthepot: Just one of those things you'll have to think through yourself,,, clearly identify the perils,, plan on how you would avoid those perils, and then decide,,, "whatcha gonna do!!???!!" :stirthepot:

I could be wrong but something makes me think that your trying to "stir the pot" :shrug: :lolup:

Mustangjake
04-11-2014, 09:54 PM
I have heated grips I see nothing that would stop it from working !
Other than i just laid out 500 for a seat it my have to wait .

Scotrod
04-11-2014, 10:07 PM
I could be wrong but something makes me think that your trying to "stir the pot" :shrug: :lolup:

Who me??? :shrug:

Nah,,,

(Where is the smiley for 'fingers crossed behind my back?' LOL!!!)

Mustangjake
04-12-2014, 08:25 PM
1. Works with Kuryakyn Iso-grips and most other aftermarket grips.
2. Works with heated grips.
3. Is adjustable to overcome inconsistency in OEM parts.
4. Adapts to the Valkyrie Interstate as well as most Honda Motorcycles with 1” handlebars.
5. Is made from billet aluminum and stainless steel.
6. Appears as an integrated feature rather than an "add-on" afterthought.

LX2
04-13-2014, 08:35 PM
1. Works with Kuryakyn Iso-grips and most other aftermarket grips.
2. Works with heated grips.
3. Is adjustable to overcome inconsistency in OEM parts.
4. Adapts to the Valkyrie Interstate as well as most Honda Motorcycles with 1” handlebars.
5. Is made from billet aluminum and stainless steel.
6. Appears as an integrated feature rather than an "add-on" afterthought.

I was asking the manufacturer if it will work with the Kuryakyn clamshell grips over the heated grips. Their emailed reply was he did not recommend it.

meanstreak
04-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Anyone tried these?

http://www.--------.com/products/honda-gold-wing-f6b-bagger-from-2013