PDA

View Full Version : Man Cave - in it's infancy

kjelders
04-07-2014, 08:52 AM
The wife and I moved in to our newly constructed home 3 weeks ago. Once everything in the house was completed, I began to work on the man cave. The garage was already sheet rocked. I hired someone to finishing the mud and tape. I painted it with primer and then a finished coat of high gloss gray. This past weekend I found 2 clothing closest and 9 stack able shelves for $500 . They are made out of solid oak.

Next up is the floor, big screen TV.

Phantom
04-07-2014, 09:04 AM
The wife and I moved in to our newly constructed home 3 weeks ago. Once everything in the house was completed, I began to work on the man cave. The garage was already sheet rocked. I hired someone to finishing the mud and tape. I painted it with primer and then a finished coat of high gloss gray. This past weekend I found 2 clothing closest and 9 stack able shelves for $500 . They are made out of solid oak.

Congratulations on the new Home. Very nice :icon_cool::yes:

F6B-RICH
04-07-2014, 11:10 AM
:Saweeet smilie: what about a stripper pole happygirl .batman-smilie.

kjelders
04-07-2014, 11:44 AM
:Saweeet smilie: what about a stripper pole happygirl .batman-smilie.

My wife doesn't want to see me on a stripper pole! :nono: :icon_mrgreen:

CaptRob
04-07-2014, 12:13 PM
:8::headbang:

F6B-RICH
04-07-2014, 12:40 PM
My wife doesn't want to see me on a stripper pole! :nono: :icon_mrgreen:

funnychit. .batman-smilie.

Hornblower
04-07-2014, 12:44 PM

Good planning to include a "Man Cave" in your new home 'all/right' And, no man cave would be complete without a big screen TV, a really big, big screen TV. Don't forget good audio too including a sub so you can rock the whole house :yikes: Looks like you're already off to a good start :clap2:

woody
04-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Beer fridge??????????:cheers:

kjelders
04-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Beer fridge??????????:cheers:

I went a step beyond having a fridge. I installed an automated food and beverage dispenser.

I just yell.....ALANA! :wife: and that is when the fight started... :stretcher:

hiflyer
04-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Nice! I see you collect helmets too!:shhh:

CaptRob
04-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Good planning to include a "Man Cave" in your new home 'all/right' And, no man cave would be complete without a big screen TV, a really big, big screen TV. Don't forget good audio too including a sub so you can rock the whole house :yikes: Looks like you're already off to a good start :clap2:

Since you mentioned it….I didn't want to Hi-jack My man cave full on recording studio see pics ( I see you are a musician too) 508350845085

Hornblower
04-08-2014, 08:30 AM
Since you mentioned it….I didn't want to Hi-jack My man cave full on recording studio see pics ( I see you are a musician too) 508350845085

Nice setup there, CaptRob 'all/right' Apparently, you've gone way beyond the "infancy" stage :yikes:

Texas TC
04-08-2014, 08:50 AM
14 years ago wife and I found ourselves retired empty nesters rambling around a big ol' house and decided to down size. We built our smaller home with a four car garage and a pad for the diesel pusher. I had great space for the car/truck and a designated "mancave" for as many As 3 motorcycles, ATV, UTV or whatever the toys were at the time. Equipped my space with designated plugs for fridge, wall outlets for power tools every 2' on the walls, satellite and phone outlets, just about everything I could imagine at that time that I might need or want. For the first five or six years, I spent every evening in my section of that garage. Over time, all that space has been just filled up with stuff.

Your excitement about your new project has brought back great memories for me. Maybe I should declutter a bit and reserect my mancave. Thanks for your post. It might give me some motivation. :icon_rolleyes:

kjelders
04-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Nice! I see you collect helmets too!:shhh:

That I do. And I even gave 4 other helmets away before we moved. I have a half, modular, and full face helmet. I guess I better going looking for a 3/4 helmet.

CaptRob
04-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Nice setup there, CaptRob 'all/right' Apparently, you've gone way beyond the "infancy" stage :yikes:

Hornblower, Yes I went a little crazy last summer. I am learning that recording is probably best left to the pros!!lol But we have fun.

kjelders
04-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Now that the shed is built and all the stuff that was taking up half of my man cave that is now in the shed, work can continue on the man cave. New floor next month along with a BIG screen tv.

hiflyer
04-17-2014, 09:42 AM
KJ, lookin' good! Love the lift. Now if you can get mama to quit doing burn outs in the garage!:icon_lol:

kjelders
04-17-2014, 09:55 AM
KJ, lookin' good! Love the lift. Now if you can get mama to quit doing burn outs in the garage!:icon_lol:

And she did the burn out in my car! :shock: :icon_mrgreen:

That is a J&S bike jack.

Retired Army
04-17-2014, 01:39 PM
No man cave is complete without a F6B and they don't leak on the carpet. :icon_lol:

Fla_rider
04-17-2014, 08:14 PM

Where' the spearguns? :041:

Trike lady
04-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Last time I had seen a garage that neat, it was mine. Looks good. :yes:

CaptRob
04-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Where' the spearguns? :041:

Those are in the garage along with the F6 and lots of fishing and riding gear! ( man cave is in the basement )

kjelders
05-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Added a new item for the man cave yesterday.....next up, big screen tv

5701 5700

F6B-RICH
05-14-2014, 09:07 AM
Last time I had seen a garage that neat, it was mine. Looks good. :yes:

I keep a very neat garage also.Everyone that comes in is shocked by all the stuff I have but in very good order and labeled.The thing most friends/family make fun of me about is that several times a day I vacuum the garage .batman-smilie.

kjelders
05-14-2014, 09:22 AM
I keep a very neat garage also.Everyone that comes in is shocked by all the stuff I have but in very good order and labeled.The thing most friends/family make fun of me about is that several times a day I vacuum the garage .batman-smilie.

LOL.....I mop mine! :icon_mrgreen:

monkey-1
05-15-2014, 11:14 AM
Looks great man. I have a man cave almost completed (24x30 detatched) and know how exciting it can be to start making progress.

What are you thinking for the floor? I am going with a Legacy 6600 Sealer as I am afraid that the epoxy would not hold up to the fabrication that I do.

Keep the pics coming.

Scotrod
05-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Is it me. or does sumthin just not seem right when the words 'mopping' and 'vacuuming' are used in the same sentence as MAN CAVE!!!! LOL!!!

I did my garage walls/ceiling in high gloss white. Bright/easy to clean (For those of us who don't mind getting dirty :icon_biggrin:)

Lotsa extra lighting, (did I mention BRIGHT!?! :th_sunbathe:) Extra shelving, even have my favorite wheelbarrow hanging on the wall, ready to roll at a moments notice! LOL!!!

Mustang and Pickup both parked inside the garage each night. The poor old 6's are toughing it out on the back patio! :yikes:

kjelders
05-16-2014, 11:18 AM
My biker babes actually do the mopping.......in their costumes....or lack thereof! :icon_mrgreen:

I put up a dual light socket in each fixture and put 2 90W equivalent LED flood lights in each. I hung another 4' 3 bulbs fluorescent fixture which hangs over where I park the bike. I was in the garage the other night for an hour and got a tan. :icon_lol:

I was thinking maybe an acid wash floor. Then if I spilled something and it stained, it would look like it was intended that way.

Ebony Deluxe
05-16-2014, 11:20 PM

I get the same ribbing about vacuuming and, "over cleaning" the cave too. Hey got to keep your domain tidy. 5749