PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be F6B newbie

brewcityf6b
04-07-2014, 10:26 PM
I'm trading my VTX 1800N for a new black F6B. I've only owned Vtwins so I'm excited about getting on something different. I fell in love with the F6B the first time I saw it. My only concern is the paint issue I discovered today on this forum... :icon_frown: I'm super anal about keeping my bikes nice so this really concerns me. Picking up my new deluxe on Wed.

Dirtstiff's F6B
04-07-2014, 10:34 PM
Best bike you will own.
Wax it with black wax then multiple coats of
Liquid Glass polish and you're good to go.
I too owned a VTX 1800. Incredible bike but you will be in a different world with the F6.
J

brewcityf6b
04-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Best bike you will own.
Wax it with black wax then multiple coats of
Liquid Glass polish and you're good to go.
I too owned a VTX 1800. Incredible bike but you will be in a different world with the F6.
J

Thanks J, appreciate the tip. Super excited to pick it up Wed. The best part is that the dealer is 90 miles away so I'm assured a full day of riding.

F6B-RICH
04-08-2014, 07:12 AM
'welcome gang' from NJ .batman-smilie.

Scotrod
04-08-2014, 10:14 AM
J

X2. My 1800 C was a good bike, but nothing like the 6,,, C of G is much better on the 6, Smoooooth engine, Wind protection, (other than the shield, which most replace)

You'll see! :icon_biggrin:

(And WELCOME!!!)

brewcityf6b
04-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Less than 24 hours away now... :icon_razz:

Hornblower
04-08-2014, 12:11 PM
I'm trading my VTX 1800N for a new black F6B. I've only owned Vtwins so I'm excited about getting on something different. I fell in love with the F6B the first time I saw it. My only concern is the paint issue I discovered today on this forum... :icon_frown: I'm super anal about keeping my bikes nice so this really concerns me. Picking up my new deluxe on Wed.

So, tomorrow is the big day :041: I know you will enjoy your black deluxe. Enjoy the ride and have a safe trip home.

naga viper
04-08-2014, 02:03 PM
I too loved my neo but when my dealer gave me what I paid for my n it was so long and hello f6b deluxe!:icon_biggrin:
only have some minor hurdles (windshield,belly pan,either risers or heli-bars. bars are too low for me) but best bike Ive ever owned!

brewcityf6b
04-08-2014, 10:17 PM
I too loved my neo but when my dealer gave me what I paid for my n it was so long and hello f6b deluxe!:icon_biggrin:
only have some minor hurdles (windshield,belly pan,either risers or heli-bars. bars are too low for me) but best bike Ive ever owned!

What is a Belly Pan?

motozeke
04-08-2014, 10:32 PM
What is a Belly Pan?

Sits under the bike and protects sensitive bits. Not expensive, hard to even see when it's installed. You can search the forum, there's quite a few posts on it but it's a recommended upgrade.

brewcityf6b
04-09-2014, 07:07 AM
Sits under the bike and protects sensitive bits. Not expensive, hard to even see when it's installed. You can search the forum, there's quite a few posts on it but it's a recommended upgrade.

Found it. Looks like a definate worthwhile bolt-on.

brewcityf6b
04-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Well today was the day. Drove the VTX 130 miles to the dealer and picked up my new black F6B and drove the new machine 130 miles home. Very pleased with my initial ride. I definately need to invest in some highway pegs and I'm thinking a new seat will be in order. I definately felt like I was sitting "on" the bike vs. "In" the bike like I was with the Mustang seat on the X. Love the handling and the smooth ride. Felt a little cramped without pegs to stretch out on. Weather is supposed to be garbage for the next week and a half which will give me time to put a few coats of liquid glass on.

Scotrod
04-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Seating position is different, and I 'knew' I'd need some highway 'pegs' and/or floorboards. (I do NOT like pegs!)

Replaced the OEM pegs w/ Kury mini boards, angled 'em down a click to aid with shifting,,,, been fine ever since! :shrug:

Virtually impossible to get 'down in' a 6,,, At least like one can w/some of the V twins,,, Just like you can't really 'get down in' sport-touring bikes,,,

Wait till ya get comfortable laying it into the curves,,, The Neo will be 'only a distant memory' once you get a full grasp of what the 6 can do!

ENJOY!!!

FlaMike
04-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Congrats on your new ride!

The more you ride it, the better it gets.

Check out Rivco Highway Pegs. Mount to Valve Covers, adjustable positions, looks slick when closed.

brewcityf6b
04-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Beautiful Friday for Wisconsin. Rode the bike to work today. What a dream. Best ride I've ever had to work. :) Parked it outside my office window so I can at least look at it taunting me all afternoon while I work.:icon_lol: