PDA

View Full Version : Searching protectors for crash bars

Kurare79
04-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Hi Riders,

my case may sound strange, but i am looking for protectors for the crash bars for the F6B.

They are black and as i am going to a dynamic driving training, i know they are going to be scratched a lot. Does anyone of you know, if there are plastic shells or something like that available, so that i can protect the black enamel?

Thanks in advance for any help or tips!

Greetings!

(Excuse my english, i am German.)

Fla_rider
04-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Ya, use garden hose.

Kurare79
04-09-2014, 06:30 PM
That's interesting, Fla_Rider! I would have never come to this idea - Thank you!

Shall i wrap it around in circles or cut it lengthwise and slip it over?

Phantom
04-09-2014, 06:50 PM
That's interesting, Fla_Rider! I would have never come to this idea - Thank you!

Shall i wrap it around in circles or cut it lengthwise and slip it over?

Do both, however the rubber will grab the pavement and come off.

On top of the rubber hose create a plastic "slider" made out of PVC pipe corners, you can get 45 - 90 degree angles, cut the top/side off enough to get them on the bars then tape them on with duct tape. If you drop the bike the pavement might remove some of the tape but the plastic will slide without damaging the bars.

http://www.bennys.bz/electrical/electrical-conduit-accessories/1-pvc-ell-90-long-sweep/prod_4132.html

:cheers:

Kurare79
04-10-2014, 06:39 AM
Good Morning, Phantom!

I understood! Thank you very much for the detailed Information and taking time for giving this answer! :yes:

Always a good and safe ride!

Hornblower
04-10-2014, 09:37 AM
You could also use automotive heater hose attached with zip ties. It's already black :clap2:

Kurare79
04-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Haha, great! Thank you for that tip, Ken! So many skilled persons on this board! :yes:

mtcgun
04-10-2014, 11:30 PM
pool noodles

Hornblower
04-11-2014, 07:38 AM
Now, admittedly, I'm being a bit facetious here but if Big Dawg is still cruising this forum, maybe he can design some "sacrificial" titanium pucks to bolt to the underside of our crash bars. That way, when you're riding aggressively in the twisties and touch down on your peg feeler titanium pucks, you're at stage 1. No worries, we can go much further than this :yikes:. When you touch down on the crash bar titanium pucks, you're at stage 2. Whoa Nellie! That's far enough! Maybe this isn't such a crazy idea after all! :041: