PDA

View Full Version : Valk review...

chipmaker
04-09-2014, 03:36 PM
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2014/04/2014-honda-valkyrie-md-first-ride/

opas ride
04-09-2014, 04:47 PM
I had a 99 Tourer and loved the thing..The new one looks "bad-ass" and apparently is very fast...I might have considered the Valk when I got my F6B, but I like the wind protection, saddlebags, fairing, and just the way the F6B rides, feels, and looks...besides it is fast enough for me,and at 74 years old the sportier side of the Valkyrie does not appeal to me anymore.....But I bet it will sell very well......

FlaMike
04-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Nice review & I really like the red one.

But having owned the original Valk, this one doesn't do anything for me and certainly wouldn't make me give up my F6B.
Hope it does well for Honda but they should've done this 10yrs ago when they bailed on the original.

chipmaker
04-10-2014, 03:42 AM
It's funny they call the new Valk a Valk. I don't see the similarities. I think people who loved the old one, are not the same as people who may like the new one. IMHO, the old one was a big ass cruiser, the new one is a big ass sport tourer, leaning towards more sport. Maybe it will sway the power cruiser crowd from the 109s?

Westernbiker
04-10-2014, 09:45 AM
I still have my '97' Valkyrie after owning three of them this new one really does nothing for me. I did get to see one in person this year at the international bike show. It does look better in person but I would not give up my F6B for it. :nono:

ghostrider
04-10-2014, 12:26 PM
I don't know about the looks either untill I see one in person but it sure looks like a hell of a fun bike to ride.

It says ABS only available in the black model. WTF!! that makes no sense. :icon_rolleyes:

MidKnight
04-10-2014, 06:57 PM
I don't know about the looks either untill I see one in person but it sure looks like a hell of a fun bike to ride.

It says ABS only available in the black model. WTF!! that makes no sense. :icon_rolleyes:

Makes sense to me black bikes are fastest..batman-smilie..batman-smilie.

ED209
04-10-2014, 07:11 PM
I realy liked it and wanted to ride it pretty bad.

Lunatic Fringe
04-10-2014, 10:31 PM
So where are the performance numbers, 1/4 mile, 0-60 times, top end
, braking distances etc. Nice review but no useful info for the performance minded.

ghostrider
04-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Makes sense to me black bikes are fastest..batman-smilie..batman-smilie.

Hahaha everybody knows red is the "fast" color!!

ED209
04-11-2014, 08:42 AM
So where are the performance numbers, 1/4 mile, 0-60 times, top end
, braking distances etc. Nice review but no useful info for the performance minded.

I was looking for that too. If the F6B with the short windshield and a pro rider can do 11.86 at 111mph, than the Valkyrie should be somewhat snappier and forgiving with resistive wind, so it should be a top contender out of the box right off the showroom floor.

But then each persons skill and weight will make the difference in finding its true potential against another contender. I can ride like a dirt bike bandit, but I weigh 230 too....so :shrug: You put a 175lbs guy on a new Valkyrie along side me and I will just see his tail lights walk away. :039:

If you consider the balance and power of the existing Wings, then that Valkyrie is gonna be a monster of a cruiser to contend with for sure.

F6BPDX
04-11-2014, 02:34 PM
As I am at this point in my life anyhow a 1 bike guy (no room or dough for a second) the F6B makes much more sense and I love it to death. That being said I want to ride one and will seek out a demo day. I am still surprised by the F6B when I really have a moment of laying into the throttle. I can only imagine what the Valk will feel like.

Scotrod
04-11-2014, 03:14 PM
I realy liked it and wanted to ride it pretty bad.

Reported to have higher pegs, more forward grips,,, Could you tell/feel any of that while sitting?

(Looks like yer looking/reachin for the key in the pic!!! :icon_biggrin:)

ED209
04-11-2014, 05:34 PM
I didn't feel any noticeable difference in pegs or handlebars. :shrug: they left the key out :icon_lol: :lolup:

It does have a different muffler though, it has 3 pipes within each muffler.

CaptRob
04-11-2014, 09:22 PM
I wonder if they used a better paint process? That red looks killer!!

fast eddie
04-12-2014, 08:25 AM
I'll give the Valk the nod for looks but only by an inch and the F6B gets the nod for comfort . At this stage of the game I'm more GO then SHOW. Will stick with the F6B for now :041:

hiflyer
04-13-2014, 02:52 PM
I'll give the Valk the nod for looks but only by an inch and the F6B gets the nod for comfort . At this stage of the game I'm more GO then SHOW. Will stick with the F6B for now :041:

I looked yesterday. I think it's good lookin'. I agree, I'm interested in more go than show . Looked at the CTX 1300 also. Good lookin' too but seems small compared to the F6. For the first time in many years, I own one bike on purpose, and the more I ride the F6, the longer it will stay that way.

austin_tech
04-14-2014, 09:37 AM
They had a blue one at the Honda tent @ MotoGP in Austin yesterday. It's a fun-looking bike, feels a lot lighter than the F6. Personally, I think the front fairing pieces that house the radiators need work. Sitting on the bike, you stare at them, and if you touch them, they're plastic. They seem out of place; I don't know why, but for me they don't "go" with the bike.

That being said, would love to take it for a run and see how she handles! Anyone hear or see one at a dealer yet?