PDA

View Full Version : Sold the Harley

CaptRob
04-09-2014, 07:36 PM
As of Friday I will be a one bike man!:shock: I am not paying attention to the harley.batman-smilie. so I put it on Craigslist last night and 1st looker bought it. It is a beautiful bike with just about every add on available. I am of course a little sad:icon_frown: but I paid 18,000 1 ½ year and 5500 miles ago put another $1500 or so in stuff SOLD $17,000 I think that is pretty good all things considered! If you would have told me 6 months ago that I would sell my Street Glide and buy a Honda I would have laughed out loud!:crackup:

Scotrod
04-09-2014, 07:45 PM
If you would have told me 6 months ago that I would sell my Street Glide and buy a Honda I would have laughed out loud!:crackup:

:icon_biggrin:

Yep, the HD Kool-aid is strong!!! VERY strong!!! But not as strong as .batman-smilie.!!!

ENJOY!!!! I am!!!

Slingah
04-09-2014, 08:13 PM
:icon_biggrin:

Yep, the HD Kool-aid is strong!!! VERY strong!!! But not as strong as .batman-smilie.!!!

ENJOY!!!! I am!!!

HD Koolaid:icon_mrgreen:....
I love when people say..."well it's not a Harley" no chit....if I wanted a Harley I would have bought one!
Times they are a changing!

choptop
04-09-2014, 08:19 PM
As of Friday I will be a one bike man!:shock: I am not paying attention to the harley.batman-smilie. so I put it on Craigslist last night and 1st looker bought it. It is a beautiful bike with just about every add on available. I am of course a little sad:icon_frown: but I paid 18,000 1 ½ year and 5500 miles ago put another $1500 or so in stuff SOLD $17,000 I think that is pretty good all things considered! If you would have told me 6 months ago that I would sell my Street Glide and buy a Honda I would have laughed out loud!:crackup:

Same here, sold my Warrior last year, was not riding the Harley, Harley engine, 127 aftermarket, went down that same night, 2nd time in 12,000 miles, took the Harley wind out of me. Would never have considered the Goldwing till I saw the F6b, sold Harley to my Bro, got Ultima to give me rebuild parts, he is rebuilding it and I get first dibs if he doesn't like it. lol But will probably never get on another one once I get a chance to ride the 6.

FlaMike
04-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Had a few HD's over the yrs. Liked em while I had em but didn't really miss em much once they was gone.
Fortunately, I never got the tattoo, just a bunch of t-shirts.

The good thing about HD's. Usually, Easy to sell, easy to trade!

Go take you F6 for a spin. 'riding'

Scotrod
04-09-2014, 08:26 PM
HD's are nice in their own way.

Like others, if that's what I wanted, that's what I would have bought. :icon_biggrin:

smokinjoe187
04-09-2014, 08:58 PM
i was in the same boat..1st mile told me i would never ride my electra glide after i got my goldwing
i was in the same boat...put on lots of stuff and bought a lot of shirts..its kinda funny my f6b never complains if i wear a harley shirt or vest....sup with that!!

CaptRob
04-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Yup. I will turn the page. Go put bunch of miles on my 6 and forget all about it!!!

CaptRob
04-09-2014, 09:06 PM
i was in the same boat..1st mile told me i would never ride my electra glide after i got my goldwing
i was in the same boat...put on lots of stuff and bought a lot of shirts..its kinda funny my f6b never complains if i wear a harley shirt or vest....sup with that!!

I have a bunch oh Harley uniforms too! I have actually had people say ("thats not a Harley…what is it?…you can't wear that on a Honda!") My shirt my bike I do what I want!! Ha! My favorite tee shirt now is the one I got when I bought the F6!! giant Honda wing on front and hot rod woodpecker on back

GONRDN
04-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Got my F6b November 2nd. sold my 2003 Road King Police Special November 3rd. Never looked back.

Steve 0080
04-09-2014, 11:29 PM
+1…Sold my H.D. to my BI.Law…now I have to store it!!!! Oh well…It has a blanket and cover over it so it will be ok!!!

kjelders
04-10-2014, 08:21 AM
I have a bunch oh Harley uniforms too! I have actually had people say ("thats not a Harley…what is it?…you can't wear that on a Honda!") My shirt my bike I do what I want!! Ha! My favorite tee shirt now is the one I got when I bought the F6!! giant Honda wing on front and hot rod woodpecker on back

I bought $22,000 worth of HD t-shirts and a bike came with it. I sold the bike and kept the t-shirts.

austin_tech
04-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Yup. I will turn the page. Go put bunch of miles on my 6 and forget all about it!!!

Why does it seem like a lot of the threads on here are "either/or" with F6B and anything else?
Am I the only one who loves the F6B but is thinking about getting a 2nd bike because I miss the chrome and the thrum of a big V-Twin sometimes?

Rob, sounded like you sure liked that Glide and had a hard time letting her go. I wouldn't be surprised if you're thinking about her hard a few months from now ...

I understand that it's tough to keep two expensive bikes, though, believe me. I don't know how in the hell I'd pull it off, especially with the wife :)

kjelders
04-10-2014, 03:24 PM
I liked my ultra classic very much. It was a good bike. I just didn't see the need for two tour bikes in the garage. Down the road might get a fatboy or heritage to add to the stable.

F6B-RICH
04-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Why does it seem like a lot of the threads on here are "either/or" with F6B and anything else?
Am I the only one who loves the F6B but is thinking about getting a 2nd bike because I miss the chrome and the thrum of a big V-Twin sometimes?

Rob, sounded like you sure liked that Glide and had a hard time letting her go. I wouldn't be surprised if you're thinking about her hard a few months from now ...

I understand that it's tough to keep two expensive bikes, though, believe me. I don't know how in the hell I'd pull it off, especially with the wife :)

The problem I had when I owned 2 bikes was you will always have a favorite.The other bike will just sit there collecting more dust then you will be riding it.Having a F6B and a Glide I can not see having 2 baggers.For me it would be the F6B for my weekend rides and a stripped down bare bones motorcycle for my local bike nights .batman-smilie.

TwinCitiesRider
04-10-2014, 04:03 PM
You are not alone. I've had Goldwings and the Valk Interstate which I totaled, sniff. After waiting two years I picked up a HD RoadKing because I liked the way it looked and had great butt and arm feel. Howver it just vibrated too much, especially when at a stop sign. Traded it in for the F6B, unridden in a Minnesota Feb. Best decision I ever made. Let a die hard Harley co-worker ride it yesterday and he had that look in his eye. Pretty sure I made a convert.

Texas TC
04-10-2014, 04:52 PM
I had the Harley or nothing attitude for many years. 10 of them over the years and as many as 3 at one time. I am still a life member of HOG. I sold my last one a few years ago, just got tired of riding it. I was without a bike for about two months. Bought my first Wing on a visit to the Honda shop to pick up something for my Honda Rancher. The F6B is my third Wing and, as most agree, the best and most fun motorcycle I have owned. I still go into the Harley shop from time to time to visit old acquaintances but have no desire to return to their fold.:icon_wink:

austin_tech
04-10-2014, 08:18 PM
I had the Harley or nothing attitude for many years. 10 of them over the years and as many as 3 at one time. I am still a life member of HOG. I sold my last one a few years ago, just got tired of riding it. I was without a bike for about two months. Bought my first Wing on a visit to the Honda shop to pick up something for my Honda Rancher. The F6B is my third Wing and, as most agree, the best and most fun motorcycle I have owned. I still go into the Harley shop from time to time to visit old acquaintances but have no desire to return to their fold.:icon_wink:

Not a fan of brand attitude. So far, none of my friends/riding buddies have any of that. Most of them ride Harleys. I know the fanboys are out there, though. I love motorcycles, period. They opened an Indian dealer about 50 miles from Austin (@ Fort Hood). I'm trying to put together a ride to go check them out and do some test rides. Those sure are some sweet looking horses! Anyone here taken one for a spin yet?

I particularly like the Chief Classic, without the shield. Pricey, and heavy. Would be fun to ride when it gets hot, and the F6B's fairing's excellent wind-blocking (especially on legs and torso) starts to turn from an immense winter bennie to a liability. Of course, the V-twin sucks in traffic in terms of heat ...

I rode the F6 home today in nearly 90 degrees and was periodically standing on the pegs to cool off the torso and legs. Summer's going to tack on 10 more degrees some days (or more!) ... that's hot even for this water-cooled beast.

smokinjoe187
04-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Got my F6b November 2nd. sold my 2003 Road King Police Special November 3rd. Never looked back.
nice...i like that shirt too!!

smokinjoe187
04-10-2014, 10:33 PM
I too had the the though to keep both and would love a fun bike...another h.d??
even as much fun as it was to play with all the options there are...it really is just more fun to ride..
i find my self looking at a fun car project now for the first time in a while
hell im even considering an electric hotrod!!
kinda liking the quiet that you find on the f6b.
did 1000 miles in three day a few weeks ago up hway 1 to alices resturant and back from anaheim...clam chowder in morrow bay and drinks in santa cruz...
not 1 ache in three day..just great riding and nothing but a silly grin for days!!
and yes im still rocking my tshirts and my f6b dont mind a bit!!

CaptRob
04-11-2014, 12:16 AM

Yup true enough! I watched it pull out tonight but had 17,000 in hand and feel that I am going to put serious miles on the 6. I am very fortunate and signed 4 very nice contracts that won't pay for 60 days at least. I am going to lend my business this cash because I need a bunch right now. Yes I'm a bit sad but, I also know the value of operating capitol. I will miss her but oh man do I have a sweet ride still…If I really want another HD …I'll buy one but I think I will be Okay!!
If I had to sell with no other ride I would cry!!!

motozeke
04-11-2014, 12:38 AM
The problem I had when I owned 2 bikes was you will always have a favorite.The other bike will just sit there collecting more dust then you will be riding it.Having a F6B and a Glide I can not see having 2 baggers.For me it would be the F6B for my weekend rides and a stripped down bare bones motorcycle for my local bike nights .batman-smilie.

Yep, I have a VFR800 that I really enjoyed and don't like to think of parting with, but honestly I am going to grab the keys for the F6 99/100 times probably. It's just that the Candy Red 2007 with ABS was exactly the model I wanted and I'd hate to think after selling it that I wanted another because they aren't particularly easy to find.

bobbyf6b
04-11-2014, 12:42 AM
I love my F6B but I keep thinking it would be fun to have a Sportster on the side to play with, I've always wanted one. Not sure when but if I find the right deal I'll make it happen.

Tbone56
04-11-2014, 06:56 AM
Sold a '11 HD Street Glide with 107" FuelMoto engine upgrade. It was a beast! Love the F6B!

Scotrod
04-11-2014, 07:47 AM
Hmm,,, If no other concerns/desires, I might like a quad and the 6,,,, :shrug: Another MC? Eh, even if I had room for one, it would have to be 'completely different', and would probably not get ridden much,,, :shrug:

Texas TC
04-11-2014, 08:53 AM
When I had multiple bikes, I rode one, wife had her favorite, and the third became a towel rack to dry the wet towels after drying off the the bikes we rode. That has happened to several of my friends. Had my wife not rode, I could have had two towel racks. I guess some owners manage to split time between toys, I just found I always had a favorite and there was no need to have another expensive toy sitting around taking up space, depreciating, and costing insurance.:yikes: