PDA

View Full Version : Another Noob exhaust thread

Joker
04-10-2014, 08:25 PM
Hey Guys, I'm a new F6B owner (6 Days) and I apologize if this subject is monotonous. I have been
riding a Valkyrie Tourer for the past 9 years with Dragon Packs Exhaust. I got the big bore baffles and
absolutely love them. As far as noise goes I am probably on the louder side of the fence so with that in
mind....I have been looking at Torque Masters and now Bassani caught my eye. Any idea which one of
these offer the deeper and louder rumble. I know some guys like quite but I just can't get used to it.
I also want black...what you say???

paolo305
04-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Hey Guys, I'm a new F6B owner (6 Days) and I apologize if this subject is monotonous. I have been
riding a Valkyrie Tourer for the past 9 years with Dragon Packs Exhaust. I got the big bore baffles and
absolutely love them. As far as noise goes I am probably on the louder side of the fence so with that in
mind....I have been looking at Torque Masters and now Bassani caught my eye. Any idea which one of
these offer the deeper and louder rumble. I know some guys like quite but I just can't get used to it.
I also want black...what you say???

Rush pipes with the 2.50 baffle will be the loudest. I had them and they sound great I can tell you i fired up my bike with no slip ons and then with the Rush pipes and it was almost the same.
The one issue is the cross over between the cats. I don't believe the Valks have it so they don't resonate. I actually found them to loud and wanted more stereo than exhaust so I went back to stock for now and am working on improving my stereo.

Joker
04-10-2014, 08:34 PM
What are the different baffle choices on the Rush? Is there something inbetween?

Joker
04-10-2014, 10:15 PM
So there are 2.0 2.25 and 2.5....So 2.5 being the larger baffle is the attention getter. I guess I need to hunt for some
sound videos with the different baffles. Thanks for the info.

F6B-RICH
04-10-2014, 10:29 PM
I have TorqMaster daytona's with 2 baffles in each side.They are not loud so if you want loud look somewhere else.If you remove 1 baffle from each side you get the dreaded drone .batman-smilie.

misterc
04-11-2014, 07:12 AM
I will second the Rush vote. Just installed a pair. 2.5 inch baffles. Easy install. Took half an hour. No need to remove exhaust flashing as manual suggests. I love the sound. I find it gives the wonderful bike the added sporty dimension it deserves. B.T.W. I too rode a Valk Tourer (black and silver) for 9 years and loved it.

Hornblower
04-11-2014, 07:21 AM
I have TorqMaster daytona's with 2 baffles in each side.They are not loud so if you want loud look somewhere else.If you remove 1 baffle from each side you get the dreaded drone .batman-smilie.

My experience as well so, like you, I'm running the extra baffles which makes the exhaust fairly quiet (but slightly louder than stock). I do like the look of the longer Daytona's with slash-cut ends so that's a plus. Also, if I do want to hear it more, I can very quickly remove one screw and slip out the end baffle on each side. Other than these, the Rush pipes are the only ones that have captured any of my interest so far. I may not be done shopping for pipes :icon_rolleyes:.

kjelders
04-11-2014, 09:56 AM
If you want LOUD, Cobra 6-2-6 exhaust with no baffles. I ended up putting 2 baffles per side back in.

ReserveBum
04-14-2014, 08:08 PM
If you want LOUD, Cobra 6-2-6 exhaust with no baffles. I ended up putting 2 baffles per side back in.

And I just happen to have a set for sale if you are interested see the classifieds
Jim