PDA

View Full Version : Kury grip question

bobbyf6b
04-11-2014, 12:21 AM
I couldn't sell the Kuryakyn grip covers (for heated grips) so I broke down and bought the end weights and spacers. I forgot which grip went on which side so I mounted them the way I wanted. I think they're more comfortable with the rubber on top and bottom. I then found the directions and I guess I have them on opposite sides they say to install them. Does anyone see a potential problem with this? I'm also confused as to why one grip has a screw in the end but the other doesn't so I left it out. I will ride it tomorrow and see how I like it. The throttle has the right amount of play to return to idle. My one complaint remains though, I can't get one side to stay clicked together. I have a zip tie on it for now. Not sure what I can do about it, they've already sent me two replacements. Oh well.

Throttle side

Left side

bobbyf6b
04-11-2014, 09:28 AM
I guess I ask the really hard questions.

GONRDN
04-11-2014, 10:35 AM
I don't know since I don't have heated grips. But I do have the same grips as you with the end weights. I also have a question maybe you can help me out with. I bought the end weights, black colored style ring and throttle boss. But the largest screw wont hold all 3 together. Does Kury make extra large screws to hold all 3 together?

bobbyf6b
04-11-2014, 11:08 AM
I don't know since I don't have heated grips. But I do have the same grips as you with the end weights. I also have a question maybe you can help me out with. I bought the end weights, black colored style ring and throttle boss. But the largest screw wont hold all 3 together. Does Kury make extra large screws to hold all 3 together?

They sent me three different lengths of screws. Small for end cap, medium for end weights and long for end weight with throttle boss. I'll have to measure the long ones when I get home. If they're longer than yours I'll drop four of them in the mail for you.

Scotrod
04-11-2014, 12:34 PM
I guess I have them on opposite sides they say to install them.

I can't get one side to stay clicked together.

Not positive due to heated grips, but generally speaking, the throttle side grip has a larger interior diameter than the Lh grip due to the throttle sleeve.

I assume the current 'throttle side' (LH grip on RH side) is the one that won't stay clicked?

Scotrod
04-11-2014, 12:38 PM
They sent me three different lengths of screws. Small for end cap, medium for end weights and long for end weight with throttle boss. I'll have to measure the long ones when I get home. If they're longer than yours I'll drop four of them in the mail for you.

If not, most likely Ace Hardware may have something? :shrug:

F6B-RICH
04-11-2014, 01:32 PM

I always have a problem with the short screws on the Kury iso-grips when you add weights and throttle boss at the ends.I get my allen screws at the local hobby shop.The gas and electric r/c cars use those small allen screws .batman-smilie.

bobbyf6b
04-11-2014, 04:00 PM
I assume the current 'throttle side' (LH grip on RH side) is the one that won't stay clicked?

Nope. Opposite. Both grips are the same size. I've tried three different sets. Throttle side looks perfect, left side is misaligned for some reason.

bobbyf6b
04-11-2014, 10:22 PM
Forgot to mention, I got the weights and trim rings from Value Accessories. Thanks!