PDA

View Full Version : Goldwing accident in Russia video

Talldude
04-11-2014, 11:47 AM
I just don't understand why people ride like that and loose their life.

Maybe the airbag version would have helped.

TD

Talldude
04-11-2014, 11:47 AM
sorry, forgot link: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c42_1396975613

Scotrod
04-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Well, at least it was 'over' quickly,,, (Neck?)

Tons of vids out there where 'excessive speed / speed too great for condition's ends up in disaster.

Assuming he didn't notice the LHT condition,,, lost his hat/helmet upon impact, but not sure that would have made a huge difference as he landed in front of the bike near/on curb, then got rolled around under the bike afterwards,,, :shrug:

F6B-RICH
04-11-2014, 01:15 PM
'riding':yikes::cop2::stretcher::diggin_smilie:'RI P" like Scotrod said appears to be over quick .batman-smilie.

ED209
04-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Id rather go like that than sit around get too old. "coffee"

CaptRob
04-11-2014, 08:04 PM
seems like there are a lot of videos like this out of Russia. I think I read somewhere that most if not all vehicles have dash cams there. Anyone else hear this?
That was obviously operator error! I think we all speed often, who wouldn't on a 6 or a wing? I guess he was just way way too fast in that kinda traffic and passing at that speed dang. You guys are right…at least it was lights out quick!

erazor55
04-11-2014, 08:19 PM
+1 120ci

Scotrod
04-11-2014, 09:02 PM
seems like there are a lot of videos like this out of Russia. I think I read somewhere that most if not all vehicles have dash cams there. Anyone else hear this?

Yep. Reason I heard was due to police corruption,,, :shrug:

Mustangjake
04-11-2014, 09:22 PM
I want to sit around an get old or even older :chatchairs:

Steve 0080
04-11-2014, 10:33 PM
DRT ……..Dead Right There……….stupid is as stupid does……. having said that one slight mis calculation and oppps…...

austin_tech
04-12-2014, 12:46 AM

Go for it. I'll take getting old versus riding like an idiot, clipping a car, getting ejected from my bike, subsequently getting run over by my bike in broad daylight, then having shocked folks walk up and observe my corpse and wonder what the hell just happened.

unsub
04-12-2014, 04:12 AM

If I ever do get snuffed out too early then I want a softer exit with family around...I've seen too many people, some very young, die unnecessarily in collisions often late at night, in the rain with no loved ones around. It's very sad.

ED209
04-12-2014, 07:23 AM
:duck: hey guys........... your parachuting out of the same plane he was and that we all are on this forum. [motorcycles] :039:

I've seen more death and dismemberment than I care to remember too, I was also in law and military.

If you think your bullet proof riding your motorcycle than so be it, don't be rude to me about it. I stick to my guns on this subject. I don't see that the guy was doing excessive speeds, I seen a car stopped and he just clipped it. If you think your immune to deer, fox, coyote, ect..., drunk drivers, texters, red light runners, very old people driving, then your special, or your kickstand is always down.

As far as you being looked at when and if you do crash, its human nature [curiosity]. Ive had 2 major motorcycle crashes, I was picked up unconscious both times and transported to a hospital.

Don't forget your riding a gyro effect on two wheels, not a 4 wheel car.

May I ask why we are watching a video of a fellow Goldwing rider crashing anyhow ? Not cool...

Scotrod
04-12-2014, 10:09 AM
I have watch countless MC collision vids,,, Kind of a 'Jerry Springer' effect, I guess,,, :shrug:

120, I don't think anyone was believing that you yourself wanted to go out exactly like the vid, clipping a car in a potentially avoidable accident, but that we'd rather not have an accident and all live to a ripe old age,,,

I viewed your comment as 'a quick exit' vs any kind of lingering, drawn out process. In those regards, I agree with you 100%.

motozeke
04-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Life seems so much cheaper in Russia. Sad...

projectapollo
04-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Go for it. I'll take getting old versus riding like an idiot, clipping a car, getting ejected from my bike, subsequently getting run over by my bike in broad daylight, then having shocked folks walk up and observe my corpse and wonder what the hell just happened.

Thank you for saying that. Agree.

MarcPW
04-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Just sad to see someone dying so stupidly :icon_frown:

BubbaJePH
04-15-2014, 08:05 PM
It seems like everyone in Russia has a dash cam. So many wrecks that the cameras are to clear some of being guilty. Darn shame, no one tried to render care to the motorcyclist. Yes he was stupid for driving like an ass. Just videotape his death sux!!!! I came upon a wreck where an idiot cut off the female motorcyclist and then took off. My Camp Commander (Sons Of Confederate Veterans) and I stayed and gave First Aid and helped the EMS people care for her till she was in the ambulance. I did PreHospital for 20 years and been an RN for 35 years. I had to stop! It is in the DNA. Death is so sudden sometimes. I ride, I know when GOD is ready for me, he knows where I am. I can be here in my recliner typing on the computer or riding my motorcycle. He can take me when he is ready. I'm ready for him. Till then, I want the wind in my face on two wheels.

GONRDN
04-15-2014, 08:42 PM
Instead of getting pissy with each other, we should all reflect that something like this can happen to any one of us. I would hope that we can all agree that the next time we get on our bikes, we remember the bad decision this guy made. We should always be vigilant of the "What ifs". Safety is first and foremost so we can enjoy a days ride and make it back home safely to our family.

motoman
04-16-2014, 01:51 PM
That's one dead Russkie. Must've been the Vodka. :039:

Scotrod
04-16-2014, 02:47 PM
. Darn shame, no one tried to render care to the motorcyclist..

Several gave him a 'visual inspection',,, The 'damage' may have been apparent enough to those onsite to believe resuscitation attempts would be fruitless,,, :shrug:

Schit can happen quick,,, We all need to BE SAFE!

Steve 0080
04-16-2014, 10:52 PM
Those of us who have been in the “ business “ I promise you …you know when someone is dead. In this country and maybe others, if there is any sign of life then “ those” people must render aid. All in all not a bad way to go…much better than trying to suck in the last bit of air or someone digging shit out of your ass in you last days of life. There are many, many worse things then death!

srt8-in-largo
07-13-2014, 09:24 PM
Seeing stuff like this makes me much more cautious on the road. Thanks for sharing.

badpapi
07-13-2014, 09:48 PM
Seeing stuff like this makes me much more cautious on the road. Thanks for sharing.
:agree::agree:
Everyday multiple times people just cut on front of me witch i getting so use to the my heart beat don't even goes up anymore when this happens .
I'M Just impressed of the breaking power and stability of the f6b compare to my other bikes .

BTW the guy all most made out he all most clear the cage if he had execute that maneuver correctly .
IMHO before he died he dint even know what happened he think he clear that car.
R.I.P