PDA

View Full Version : Closed thread

stepbill
04-11-2014, 08:24 PM
I'm sorry but if you don't like a thread and there is no cussing or name calling, don't close it cause your (admin) tired of it, just don't read that thread anymore. Just my 2 cents worth, but I hope I don't get banned for saying this. I too was interested in that exhaust but I decided to go with RUSH and am happy that I did!

Scotrod
04-11-2014, 08:42 PM
You do realize, the Admin HAS to read threads, right???

We are all free to start another thread on the same subject matter, and hopefully there will be good things to be said,,, Something to be heard from all the party's, including the manufacturer in question,, If not,,, well,,, :shrug:

chipmaker
04-11-2014, 08:53 PM
I come here to hear honest reviews and experiences. It can't be all flowers and candy, whether its a supporting vendors or not. I like hearing the truth. :shake2:

Mustangjake
04-11-2014, 09:25 PM
I come here to learn! sometimes it happens
Sometimes I wonder (what are they thinking)

Scotrod
04-11-2014, 09:32 PM
There is a LOT of effort put into running a forum,,, Moreso than any sane person could ever imagine, and it can mean walking a very fine line/lots of work 'behind the scenes',,,

I'm sure Phantom had reasons for locking the thread, and I can almost guarantee you there is more to the story than just what you see online. :icon_wink:

By all means,,,,,, Anyone,,,, Simply start another thread about the exact same subject if you'd feel it would be helpful. :yes:

Phantom
04-12-2014, 01:09 AM
One thing that I do not like are companies that are deceitful and have POOR customer support.

The thread has been re-opened, but if the drama continues then a SOAP Opera show should be created called Basani.

After reading that thread for 3 months and the drama behind it .... just to only see these pipes come out, I would hate to hear about their piss poor customer support or lack there of (after you have the pipes in hand). As an admin, I have to walk a fine line and preventing our members from being screwed by a vendor always takes precedence in my mind. There have been vendors out there that we have welcomed to join our website and when their attitude is pfffffttt we don't need your members to sell our products .... they have only shot themselves in the foot. Basani was one of those vendors. Kind of glad at this point.

What is funny is that Basani had also joined our board a year ago under a FALSE alias and posted a PHOTO-SHOPPED image of a F6B with pipes on multiple websites claiming that the pipes were in production for the F6B and that was alsoFALSE. Basani has been misleading F6B owners for over a YEAR. Now move forward to 2014 ...if you haven't read between the lines that Basani doesn't really care about potential F6B customers then take a second look at the thread, it was obvious to me.

This is a DRAMA free website, I also want to hear about ALL the new products out there. That thread proved to me long ago that Basani is one that I would never do business with. There are many better companies out there.

You did the wise thing by going with a reputable pipe manufacturer in my opinion.

The ONLY time that anyone will be banned is if you violate the forum rules. Giving FALSE or BIASED reviews by a member will also get you banned (you've obtained free products from a vendor in trade for your endorsement to promote their product on our site which is also known as commercial spamming).

I like what we have built here on this website, sharing the good and the bad on products is part of it but there comes a time when beating a dead horse becomes fruitless. Honesty and Quality are not just words, they are habits and if a vendor cannot operate with those 2 simple habits, then why would we even want to promote them or direct our members towards a potential train wreck? Just my 2 cents.

choptop
04-12-2014, 04:19 AM
:041:

royr
04-12-2014, 05:04 AM
Phantom, thanks for all your work in running this site. I find this site very helpful.

Hornblower
04-12-2014, 08:48 AM
Phantom's post above is just a reminder to all that there is a lot going on behind the scenes that the Administrator has to deal with. When he makes a decision to edit, ban, close, or pursue any other actions, it's based on things most of us will never know. At some point, we have to trust our Administrator and follow his lead, and personally, I do. That does NOT mean we can't submit a question on some action he decides to take. I believe a PM or phone call is most suitable for that purpose and I have found Tony to be extremely candid and forthcoming on all issues.

F6B-RICH
04-12-2014, 08:57 AM
Phantom, thanks for all your work in running this site. I find this site very helpful.

:yes: +1 I have no problem with anything Phantom decides to do on this forum.He is the admin .batman-smilie.

Scotrod
04-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Phantom's post above is just a reminder to all that there is a lot going on behind the scenes that the Administrator has to deal with. When he makes a decision to edit, ban, close, or pursue any other actions, it's based on things most of us will never know. At some point, we have to trust our Administrator and follow his lead, and personally, I do. That does NOT mean we can't submit a question on some action he decides to take. I believe a PM or phone call is most suitable for that purpose and I have found Tony to be extremely candid and forthcoming on all issues.

Couldn't have said it better myself HB!!! :yes:

Scotrod
04-12-2014, 09:46 AM
RE: There have been vendors out there that we have welcomed to join our website and when their attitude is pfffffttt we don't need your members to sell our products .... they have only shot themselves in the foot

With that being said, we also need to remember we have Vendors who HAVE stepped up to the plate, became Supporters of this site. Vendors that do care about their Products and their Customer's!

I haven't dealt with all of them, but the 5 or 6 that I have done business with, I have had ZERO problems! :yes:

There's even a couple that I would never have known about if it wasn't for this site, so it's a win/win for everyone!

Go here and scroll down about 1/2 way to see a list of those Vendors: http://hondaf6b.com/cmps_index.php

Click on all those banners and you'll find TONS of stuff available for our bikes at competitive prices! :yes:

Philbert40
04-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Thanks for all you do! Without your efforts we would not have this great resource.

Tony....:rock:

Phantom
04-12-2014, 09:03 PM
I thank you for the kind words.

Yes indeed there are things that happen behind the scenes that are nothing short of shenanigans.
I don't share with the board what transpired prior nor do I need to explain myself of why I make certain decisions, you can rest assured that I DO have the BEST interest of members first, vendors second, that is why I make the BIG bucks and what your membership dues are for :icon_laugh: . I am very tolerant and will give the members and vendors the benefit of doubt twice, third time ... see ya later, it was nice knowing ya!

We are a ELITE group of riders ....
PLEASE understand and remember that our F6B website is made up of HIGHLY sought after motorcycle owners with larger then normal disposable income. Vendors know that YOU have invested on average $16,000 - $21,000 on this motorcycle and customizing comes with the territory, Vendors know that many on here have deep pockets, large lines of credit and some on here are on a quest to see how many accessories the F6B can take before the fuses blow or the tires go flat :shock: .

EVERY vendor out there including some shady characters want a slice of your pie. I personally don't like to be taken advantage of, ripped off or lied to by a Vendor. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I do my best to prevent the same from happening to one of you. I want everyones experience with Vendors on this site to be positive and nothing less of that.

I recently welcomed a new potential vendor to our website and after asking him to take the high road (and he did for 12 hours) on a discussion, he reverted to mud throwing the very next day and I retracted my invitation. A reputable vendor will place a HIGH value on customer service .... it breeds customer loyalty. We deserve the BEST and when we pay for something we deserve 100% ... NOT 80% or 90% ..... ALWAYS demand 100%, unless you did indeed pay 80% .... you should always expect what you paid for.

Now allow me to return to what I was doing this afternoon .... counting and adding the membership dues so that I know how much play money I will have for my next vacation :icon_wink::yes:

Let's ride .... 'riding'

hiflyer
04-12-2014, 09:31 PM
Thanks for all you do! Without your efforts we would not have this great resource.

Tony....:rock:

That's right, and even though our i.d. says "member".........let's not forget, we are all guests here.

Phantom
04-12-2014, 09:39 PM
That's right, and even though our i.d. says "member".........let's not forget, we are all guests here.

:cheers: More like family :icon_cool::yes:

I invite all of you to join us at any of our gatherings where you will see with your own eyes that we are indeed like family and we always have a great time. Seeing all of the unique mods is always a big plus.