PDA

View Full Version : Rivco Highway Pegs and some tinted signals

bobbyf6b
04-11-2014, 10:11 PM
We'll I finally got them! I was so excited so I put them on right away. The black color looks great out of the box so I'll say something if that changes.

BUT... I did find a flaw. The pegs are 1/2 an inch off from one another. I don't remember hearing about this before. I kinda felt it so I put a tape measure on them. I measured from the rear crash bars on each side, off by 1/2 an inch. Then I measured from the passenger pegs folded down, off 1/2 an inch. I thought, no biggie, I'll just move one back a notch. Nope. The holes are 1 inch apart. Dadgummit. I guess I'll have to live with it. I can't wait to try them out tomorrow on our 400 mile ride.

I also finally installed tinted turn signal housings. Looks MUCH better! I got the Show Chrome ones from Cyclemax and they installed and work perfectly.
http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/gl1800__f6b__smoked_front_turn_signals/185897/207906

Cyclemax hooked me up with both products. Thanks!

5142 5143

Steve 0080
04-11-2014, 10:23 PM
Umm,mmmmmm…..I’m thinking that one side is different than the other…….measure from the rear pegs to the front with the pegs extended and see if the measurements are the same???? sorry can’t remember…..

GiddyupF6B
04-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Yeah they are off a little bit. One leg is bent a little more than another but it's not that big of a deal. At 6'3 I wish there was one more forward adjustment, then they would be perfect for me.

bobbyf6b
04-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Umm,mmmmmm…..I’m thinking that one side is different than the other…….measure from the rear pegs to the front with the pegs extended and see if the measurements are the same???? sorry can’t remember…..

That's what I did. One side measures 27-1/4 and the other side measures 27-3/4. Weird.

F6B-RICH
04-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Agree. I did the tape measure also when I first got them months ago and yes they are off.I completely forgot about it .batman-smilie.

Phantom
04-12-2014, 12:44 AM
Guys ....

It's NOT the pegs, your cylinder head on one side is 1/2" +/- off-set from the other.

Since the pegs mount on the cylinder head, you will see this difference. Measure from the back of the cylinder heads to the crash bars and you will see what I am talking about. It's Honda's fault ... :icon_mrgreen:

F6B-RICH
04-12-2014, 06:42 AM
Guys ....

It's NOT the pegs, your cylinder head on one side is 1/2" +/- off-set from the other.

Since the pegs mount on the cylinder head, you will see this difference. Measure from the back of the cylinder heads to the crash bars and you will see what I am talking about. It's Honda's fault ... :icon_mrgreen:

Agree.I was just stating they are off.A old forum member :bf8: mentioned it months ago.I just can not remember why he said the cylinder heads are different .batman-smilie.

GONRDN
04-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Horizontally Opposed Cylinders means they're off set by 1/2 inch. Its designed that way.

That's why the left side Rivco mounting plate won't work on the right side. It's longer.

bobbyf6b
04-12-2014, 07:39 AM
Guys ....

The cylinder heads are more than 1/2 an inch different. It's not Honda's fault, the holes should have been drilled on the peg mounting plates to compensate. They can put the holes wherever they want. Yes I'm being picky. I traded in my non symmetrical HD for what is nearly the perfect symmetrical machine. If something is off 1/2 an inch I can tell.

HD is an OCD nightmare! :yikes:

bobbyf6b
04-13-2014, 12:07 PM
I gotta say, I LOVE THE HIGHWAY PEGS!!! I hardly notice the 1/2 inch difference and after a while forgot all about it. I have mine in the center position and they are so dang comfortable. My legs are above the cylinder heads so engine heat is not an issue.

BTW, when I said Cyclemax "hooked me up" I didn't mean they were given to me. I paid full price and I'm happy to say I'm a satisfied customer. (for once) :icon_mrgreen:

Out in the sunlight they do have a bit of a purple hue, but once you use them you will probably forget all about it like I did.

srkeet
04-13-2014, 11:42 PM
:icon_cool:
Bobby,

The pegs look good on your scoot, but what about your ground clearance in the curves? Our F6Bs are a bit challenged for peg clearance as it is, so i'm hoping this is not a big impediment to going around leaned over!

Thanks for the feedback.

God bless,

srkeet

bobbyf6b
04-14-2014, 12:53 AM
I haven't had them in any really tight corners yet but I will post up if there's any issues. I really don't foresee any problems since they sit up higher than pegs mounted to the crash bar.

F6B-RICH
04-14-2014, 07:24 AM
:icon_cool:
Bobby,

The pegs look good on your scoot, but what about your ground clearance in the curves? Our F6Bs are a bit challenged for peg clearance as it is, so i'm hoping this is not a big impediment to going around leaned over!

Thanks for the feedback.

God bless,

srkeet

Way to high to ever have a problem plus they fold in so any forward hitting of the Rivco pegs would fold them closed .batman-smilie.