PDA

View Full Version : test rides the 6 still wins

CaptRob
04-11-2014, 10:14 PM
I went with my buddy to the Ducatti BMW dealer today as he wants a new Multi-strada. Even though I just got my 6 a couple of months ago, I have always liked the BMW 1200 GS adventure. It was on my bucket list of bikes I must own sooner or later. My buddy got on a new Ducatti 1200 multi strada and I rode a new BMW. I don't get it. Maybe I am just super spoiled on this F6B or getting old! It is a very cool looking machine just not comfortable at all to me. Then we swapped rides and the Ducatti was better as far as comfort but not much. The Ducatti rattles and vibrates like a dirt bike but that thing is a super rocket! Fast would be an understatement and handles like crazy but I was so ready to get back on my F6!!"3wheelSmiley" I made the right call when I got this great bike. I had the biggest smile on the way home because now I know there is no bike that I would rather be riding. My buddy is getting the Ducatti as soon as he sells his Harley.

Steve 0080
04-11-2014, 10:18 PM
If you can do without the cruise and the pizza box….not sure there is a better bike built!!!!!!

bobbyf6b
04-11-2014, 11:33 PM
I got to ride the new FJR at bike week last week. Super fast and fun but not as comfy as my 6 and no radio. Radio beats cruise in my book.

CaptRob
04-12-2014, 12:21 AM
I got to ride the new FJR at bike week last week. Super fast and fun but not as comfy as my 6 and no radio. Radio beats cruise in my book.

yeah go cruise or any lock works fine!!

FlaMike
04-12-2014, 05:47 AM
I've owned 3 BMW's (2 RT's & a GS) and they are great bikes, but my biggest problem with bikes like BMW, Ducati, some others is their tiny dealer network.

Now if all you do is local riding, and the bike has a problem. you just take your bike back to the local dealer and done. No big deal.
However if you like to travel by bike and you have an issue 1000mi from home on a road trip, good luck finding a dealer. Outside of a flat tire, these bikes generally require a brand specific dealer repair.

My F6 is a simple, proven platform with a large dealer network. And if I happen to have an issue out in BFE, and if I can't fix it, any good independent cycle mechanic probably can.

For me, this is where the F6 really shines, besides being a helluva lot of fun to ride! 'riding'

Gumby
04-12-2014, 06:19 AM
I've owned 3 BMW's (2 RT's & a GS) and they are great bikes, but my biggest problem with bikes like BMW, Ducati, some others is their tiny dealer network.

Now if all you do is local riding, and the bike has a problem. you just take your bike back to the local dealer and done. No big deal.
However if you like to travel by bike and you have an issue 1000mi from home on a road trip, good luck finding a dealer. Outside of a flat tire, these bikes generally require a brand specific dealer repair.
'

My problem with BMWs was also that you had to ride as if there was going to be a problem.

When either my R or my K would break. I'd get it home, push the cb550 out of the shed, charge the battery and ride it until I could get the Bimmer fixed. One day I realized I could skip the last step. Sold the k bike and bought a Valk. Haven't been to a shop since.

opas ride
04-12-2014, 08:30 AM
I ride with a couple "old duffers" like me who have BMW bikes and they love them except for the high maintenance costs...Oil/filter change costs are very high as is most other routine tasks and BMW always give them grief if they do them without going to the dealer...Bikes are nice, but not for me....

Ericb445
04-12-2014, 08:47 AM
The Ducati Diavel was on my short want list. Now I have the 6, I still want to take a ride the Diavel.

Steve 0080
04-12-2014, 05:11 PM
the Diavel is hot.... especially the black one!!!

Retired Army
04-12-2014, 06:20 PM
I have a red F6B, a better paint yellow F6B is on my wish list.

motozeke
04-12-2014, 11:12 PM
I bought a Multistrada S Touring back in 2011. Yes, very powerful... yes, light on its feet and nimble. But for me the F6B just feels so much more right.

For every bloke, a bike; for every bike, a bloke. Go with what moves you.

CaptRob
04-13-2014, 10:39 PM
the Diavel is hot.... especially the black one!!!

The blue with white stripes! sexy

Elin in So. Cal.
04-14-2014, 12:13 PM
I have a red F6B, a better paint yellow F6B is on my wish list.

Hey, you can paint it.... Just sayin'...

fxdl2051
04-15-2014, 11:23 PM
Little different, I've been riding the H word for 12 years. Frankly the HD Streetglide was kinda getting on my nerves of late and when I saw the F6b I thought, "interesting". The test ride ended after 2 hours and 90 miles much to the dismay of the dealer. When he mentioned I'd been gone awhile, I said," I was thinking of calling you from Santa Barbara and telling you to keep the Harley." The Honda is almost lyrical in it's performance, I'm so in Jones.
ss^,
Ken