PDA

View Full Version : Questions Questions Questions

Fla_rider
04-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Hi Guys New owner here. Got a couple of questions.

1. First gear is pretty torque? Is it just me or will I get use to it. (came off a 2012 NC700x)
2. Saddlebag interlock on one side always gives me issues so I have to give it a quick second hit to get the interlock to engage, you having the same issue?
3. Which Carrier Rack would you buy Wingstuff or OEM. I like Wings it looks bigger.
4. Anyone notice that aux input from trunk is louder than jack in the front? When I connect my phone I have it all the way up and sitting I don't hear anything till around 10. Samsung S4. Rear is iPod Classic.
5. I was thinking of best communication set up. cabled to bike radio with OEM is going to cost me over $500. If I go with bluetooth then I have concerns with battery time. Tell me one of you have a bluetooth that will play music all day and you can communicate with the passenger. ALL Day being the key.

Thanks All

FlaMike
04-12-2014, 11:18 AM
1. Yes it is. Also a cold bike has a touchy throttle thing going on, goes away once bike is warmed up.

2. Saddlebag has a double latch. Close bag and give it a gentle 2nd push and you'll hear it click. I know better but I still have it "door open" blink at me on once in a while.

3. Bike MP3 rack (sold @ Wingstuff) is nice sized rack and the one I have & works great. Honda rack is on the small side, maybe 3/4 scale of MP3 rack.

Can't help w/#4 & 5.

FYI: If you interested, I know that at least 2 Black F6B's (Mine & my local dealer)will be @ Ride for Kids event in Deerfield Beach on Sun April 13th (eta 8-8:30).
PM me and I'll give you my cell#

http://pbtf.convio.net/site/TR?fr_id=1500&pg=entry#.U0lqm0nD-M8

52edub
04-12-2014, 12:45 PM
If you use jack in the glove box, turn the volume up on whatever device you are using and that will help. I use earbuds connected to the bikes 5 pin connector. Best way to hear music and protect the old ear drums. You will have to buy an adapter that goes from 5 pin connector to a female 3.5mm. Easy on the throttle in first it will take time to get used to the power. BikeMP3 has a great rack and one of forum members sells his in the classifieds. Enjoy your new ride.

Hornblower
04-12-2014, 12:52 PM

1. First gear is pretty toque? Is it just me or will I get use to it. (came off a 2012 NC700x)
2. Saddlebag interlock on one side always gives me issues so I have to give it a quick second hit to get the interlock to engage, you having the same issue?
3. Which Carrier Rack would you buy Wingstuff or OEM. I like Wings it looks bigger.
4. Anyone notice that aux input from trunk is louder than jack in the front? When I connect my phone I have it all the way up and sitting I don't hear anything till around 10. Samsung S4. Rear is iPod Classic.
5. I was thinking of best communication set up. cabled to bike radio with OEM is going to cost me over $500. If I go with bluetooth then I have concerns with battery time. Tell me one of you have a bluetooth that will play music all day and you can communicate with the passenger. ALL Day being the key.

Thanks All

Here's my opinion on a few of these...
1. First gear on this bike is very low. As a result, it can get really jerky. Usually a good idea to use 2nd instead of 1st when needing to ride very slowly under control. Maybe think about 1st as just your "starting off" gear. I will say this... our low 1st gear sure is nice when you have to start off on a very steep uphill :yikes:
2. I had a similar issue originally but adjusted the catch so it would fasten a bit more easily
3. Personal preference but I would probably choose the one from Bike MP3
4. I'm running a different setup...iPod Nano in the trunk and Galaxy S4 connected via BT thru Garmin Zumo
5. Cabled to bike radio doesn't have to cost anywhere close to $500 if all you're doing is connecting helmet speakers to the bike audio system

Fla_rider
04-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll go check out the rack on wingstuff. Mike thanks for the invite pm sent.

projectapollo
04-12-2014, 04:42 PM
If you use jack in the glove box, turn the volume up on whatever device you are using and that will help. I use earbuds connected to the bikes 5 pin connector. You will have to buy an adapter that goes from 5 pin connector to a female 3.5mm.
Ditto. And.... My iPod seems to charge while connected to the USB and runs all day, no problem.

projectapollo
04-12-2014, 04:46 PM

1. First gear is pretty toque? Is it just me or will I get use to it. (came off a 2012 NC700x)

As a new owner, as well, the first gear downright scares me sometimes as the 1000+ pounds of bike and rider jerks forward or harshly engine brakes. I try to be smooth, but its still very touchy. So..... the best advice I ever got on this forum was to get out of first and use second for the low speed stuff. Much more well behaved. Use first just for dead stop pulling away. Try it, you should find it much more tame.

Fla_rider
04-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Right turns from dead stop are like an old gezzer with his walker.

Dave Ritsema
04-12-2014, 06:35 PM
We just started using our wired headsets today. It was VERY windy today and the mic kept opening up on my wifes headset which would mute the music and let me listen to wind noise. Got to the point I shuf the ICom off and we just listened to music. The headsets worked quite well but I am going to need to figure out if there is a squelch setting for the mics. (Got the Honda headsets)