PDA

View Full Version : Best Tour Bag options?

Wmorgan2k
04-13-2014, 09:52 PM
So I'm looking for a nice touring bag to go on the rack for my F6B. I did buy the larger bike MP3 rack so I've got room to work with . What have you guys/gals purchased and what seems to work best. Would like something that ties down solid to the rack but removes easy to go into a hotel.

hiflyer
04-14-2014, 07:42 AM
So I'm looking for a nice touring bag to go on the rack for my F6B. I did buy the larger bike MP3 rack so I've got room to work with . What have you guys/gals purchased and what seems to work best. Would like something that ties down solid to the rack but removes easy to go into a hotel.

I've got the T-bag with the extendible handle and castors. Secures well, and is very easy on and easy off. I like being able to pull it behind me when going into the hotel/motel. If you use one of these, you have to have the passenger back rest riser.

ghostrider
04-14-2014, 09:16 AM

There are lots of available options out there. http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?276-Luggage-for-a-weekend&highlight=kuryakyn

This is the link to the thread showing some of them. I like my Kuryakyn classic tour bag. It mounts well with lots of options and it's big enough to hold a lot and pretty easy access.

motozeke
04-14-2014, 09:31 AM
I use a medium Motofizz from Aerostich. It takes up every last square millimeter of the rack and requires tying to the passenger grab handles for really secure transport, but man does it swallow a ton of gear. Very versatile and expandable.

Here's pics of it on my bike:

ghostrider
04-14-2014, 09:47 AM
I use a medium Motofizz from Aerostich. It takes up every last square millimeter of the rack and requires tying to the passenger grab handles for really secure transport, but man does it swallow a ton of gear. Very versatile and expandable.

Here's pics of it on my bike:

I use the large one of these as a seat bag. Super nice bag, and well made. Highly recomend it also.

Steve 0080
04-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Well the best option is.......wait for it........Bushtec!

ghostrider
04-14-2014, 12:25 PM

Thread killer!! :icon_razz:

F6BPDX
04-14-2014, 12:27 PM

You're like the guy who "roughs it" in the 39' RV with 4 TV's and a Jacuzzi. C'mon man, where's your sense of adventure! :stirthepot::shhh:

edgeman55
04-14-2014, 02:20 PM
http://wingstuff.com/products/20913-grantraveler-bag?from_search=1

I have the MP3 rack and use this bag.

Scotrod
04-14-2014, 03:22 PM

The OP said Tour BAG, not Tour BUS!!! :crackup:

Scotrod
04-14-2014, 03:33 PM

W2K, how often will ya need to use this bag? How many pockets do ya need, (if any)

I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe the one I have is less than 'good quality', but 'far more expensive' bags are easy to find,,, Not saying they are worth more, but if ya need tons of pockets for do-dads and what-nots, this one most likely won't suit your needs. With that being said,,, ya get quite a bit of room for the $$$ here:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1932-Tying-one-on-For-just-a-bit-over-100&highlight=tying

Texas TC
04-14-2014, 05:51 PM
You're like the guy who "roughs it" in the 39' RV with 4 TV's and a Jacuzzi. C'mon man, where's your sense of adventure! :stirthepot::shhh:
Hey, I resemble that remark! Lol
As far as bags go, I like my Laconia by T Bags.5218

BillyDaFinn
04-14-2014, 06:49 PM

This looks like an awesome bag, I'll be ordering one of these.

bobbyf6b
04-14-2014, 09:15 PM

That is an awesome looking bag!

http://www.aerostich.com/medium-motofizz-camping-seat-bag.html

Ericb445
04-14-2014, 09:56 PM
I have a standard f6b I have been eyeing the D66 dry spec bags, I think they would look awesome on the backseat of my bike. A little pricey though.
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/dryspectm-d66-waterproof-motorcycle-dry-bag-modular-packing-system-in-black-grey-orange?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&gclid=CP21_62-4b0CFYdFMgodjEgArg

Exbmwrider
04-14-2014, 11:06 PM
I've got the Deluxe model, and use a several year old model T Bag. It fits snugly over the passenger backrest, and sits perfectly on the passenger seat. Stores enough gear for a two week ride. I only ride 1 up, so don't need the passenger seat. Makes a great backrest for me too!

motozeke
04-15-2014, 12:06 AM

You won't regret it, it's super versatile. One of my favorite ways to use it is for fast access to my tripod for filming. I just tuck it under the top flap, then it's really easy to access and put away at stops. With the top flap closed and clasped, it's nice and secure. I've also carried two fuel canisters under that flap in the special drawstring storage areas (designed to carry wet clothes and such). The zippered storage on the sides make it easy to access cleaning cloths and other items you want to get at when you're stopped, which is nice since tank bags are out on the Wing.

Loooove love love it. :041:

Wmorgan2k
04-15-2014, 09:39 PM
Wow thanks guys lots of options now to start sorting through them! Don't need lots of pockets really, mostly carrying clothes or gear.

bertrider
04-15-2014, 09:58 PM
I don't think there is a better thought out bag and it fits the bikemp3 rack.