PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Seat

Gripper
04-14-2014, 06:02 AM
Folks,

Here is a thread I posted in the Accessories Forum....I got a fair number of views but no replies :)....Just putting it here as well to see if any taller riders (6' 1" or more) have any experience with the Mustang seat for the F6B. Thanks. If I don't get any replies from this one....I will cease and desist :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey all.....new owner of the F6B an loving it! However, I find the OEM seat not to be the most comfortable.....looking at the Mustang Tuck and Roll....My only concern is that I am 6'1" with a 33" or so in-seam....I note that the Mustang sits you lower....I already have a fair amount of leg bend.....curious if any taller riders (6'1" or more) have put the Mustang seat on and how they find it?

Also, I have heard mixed information on whether the side panels can be removed with the Mustang seat installed......any definitive answer out there? Thanks

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++

GONRDN
04-14-2014, 07:09 AM
I understand your concerns. It just might be hard finding someone over 6-1 that has the same seat you're looking for. Good luck though.

kjelders
04-14-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm 6' tall and love the mustang seat and it sitting me lower. You do not have to remove the seat to take the side panels off. However, it is a tight fit.

Texas TC
04-14-2014, 08:45 AM
6' here also. I own, and like my Mustang seat. However, I have added the dropped Kury mini floor boards and Ergo II highway pegs to compensate for the lower seating position. The positioning farther back in the saddle is perfect even without adding handlebar risers on my F6B. 5198

Gripper
04-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Thanks Texas and Kjelders (and you too Gonrdon) for your replies.....Texas, I have already order the Ergo IIs and the Kury Mini-boards.....any concerns with the lower boards or the highway pegs with respect to clearance on turns?

Thanks a bunch.

Gripper

Gripper
04-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Texas et. al.

I just ordered the Tuck and Roll Mustang Seat.....now we will just have to see how long it takes to come in :) Still interested in your experience with the Ergo II highway pegs and the Kury mini-boards vis-a-vis clearance on corners.

Gripper

kjelders
04-14-2014, 11:33 AM
Texas et. al.

I just ordered the Tuck and Roll Mustang Seat.....now we will just have to see how long it takes to come in :) Still interested in your experience with the Ergo II highway pegs and the Kury mini-boards vis-a-vis clearance on corners.

Gripper

I have the same setup, I haven't had any clearance issues. I'm using the mini arms for my Ergo II pegs.

toy_collector
08-14-2014, 05:42 AM
Texas et. al.

Gripper

I will have exactly the same setup as you and I'm 6' 1" so I was wondering how it worked for you. Clearance or leg room issues?

bigdew
08-15-2014, 08:12 AM
I am 6'4 and have the Mustang seat. Yes it sits lower than stock by an inch, but the main reason I got the Mustang is because it moves you 1" farther back then stock. I have no issues being 6'4 with the Mustang seat. Great seat.