PDA

View Full Version : Lookin at the current US temp map

hiflyer
04-14-2014, 10:11 AM
It's not over 'till it's over. Central US pretty chilly, light snow in OKC. (Waiting on the FLA guys to tell us it's in the 70's there)

opas ride
04-14-2014, 10:16 AM
I feel the pain here in Michigan....Rode with light jacket Saturday, snow and freezing rain predicted for Tuesday and Wednesday.....Maybe one day Spring will come!!!!

Steve 0080
04-14-2014, 10:18 AM
Yes it is...............

Elin in So. Cal.
04-14-2014, 10:26 AM
I sit drinking my coffee this morning, and the thermometer outside is reading 62 degrees, after a low of 56 degrees overnight.

Today, Monday, it is heading up to a high of 89 degrees. A bit warmer than usual for April, but it is dry heat so you won't see me complaining as I roll the Red Queen out for my fourth consecutive day of riding.

The group I rode with yesterday has a fun game--they stick little white circles over their bike fairings and whoever gets a bug splat on one of the circles wins the pot of money they collect. I think it is $5 for 10 dots. 200 miles and only one person won. That's how few bugs there are here out here.
Getting ready to ride yesterday morning--low clouds/fog that totally was gone by the first stop.

hiflyer
04-14-2014, 10:40 AM
We've had some great weather, it was 86 yesterday before the cold front came thru, golf ball size hail yesterday afternoon. Better weather after today. But we have something in common with Cali, we have had 4 earthquakes today, 173 in the past month. Crazy.

Elin in So. Cal.
04-14-2014, 12:10 PM
... But we have something in common with Cali, we have had 4 earthquakes today, 173 in the past month. Crazy.

Oklahoma is the new California? I've been watching this guy on space weather science and earthquake relationships and he nails it. And shows the Oklahoma quakes. He does these videos daily, with world-wide information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTCVd3BrBaw

F6B-RICH
04-14-2014, 12:11 PM
The group I rode with yesterday has a fun game--they stick little white circles over their bike fairings and whoever gets a bug splat on one of the circles wins the pot of money they collect. I think it is $5 for 10 dots. 200 miles and only one person won. That's how few bugs there are here out here.
Getting ready to ride yesterday morning--low clouds/fog that totally was gone by the first stop.

Sounds like a interesting game.I am a event organizer in a ride group so I might have to try it out .batman-smilie.

Elin in So. Cal.
04-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Sounds like a interesting game.I am a event organizer in a ride group so I might have to try it out .batman-smilie.

The circles are 3/4" white ones, like one used to seal envelopes. Each rider puts them where they think the bugs are going to hit.
I'll attach a photo or two. The first one is the "rules". Second and third are two bikes outfitted by their owners with the dots.