PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here care to discuss this?

Ericb445
04-15-2014, 07:14 PM
Sorry if its a repost....Couldnt find it around this Forum.

http://youtu.be/ncxLtvMmUBM

F6B-RICH
04-15-2014, 07:19 PM
I just saw this on Facebook.Would I do this with my son NO but if this guy wants to do it with his son have fun .batman-smilie.

Ericb445
04-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Sorry I thought I posted this in off-topic

I think it was not a smart move on the Dads' part, and the Kid doesn't have enough gear on. And I am not a gear nazi by any means. I seen this on Facebook this morning and it is going virial fast. I am really surprised at all the support for the Dad.

My buddy gave his step daughter a ride on his bike, just around the block. She was wearing full gear riding in front of him. He got pulled over and got a ton of tickets, and a child endangerment charge.
In IL the rider has to be tall enough to reach the passenger pegs, to legally ride as passenger on a motorcycle.

CaptRob
04-15-2014, 08:46 PM
I think more dads need to spend quality bonding time with their kids! He was steering the bike via weight transfer and I'm sure had control. I am glad he had him on the open road, the danger is in traffic. All of our generations on this forum rode bicycles with no helmet and survived and we played competitive sports where there was a winner and a loser. Today everyone wins, everyone is awesome! Anyway…rambling I think he is being a good dad spending time with his boy outdoors!

Mustangjake
04-15-2014, 09:41 PM
My 12 an 14 year old Granddaughters driver my truck all over.
It's very rural . the younger 1 is way better driver.
As soon as I hit the dirt road an if together it's a fight as to who's first

jaygollner
04-15-2014, 10:07 PM
I would not even consider letting a kid do that, one rock or even a snake and if the kid panics pops might not be able to recover. All that plus the fact that the kid was in a tee shirt and shorts means even a minor fall brings major injury.

Ericb445
04-15-2014, 10:11 PM
I think it is cool that the Dad is shearing love for the hobby, but he could have put some better protection on the kiddo. I guess that's my real complaint about this video.
But who I'm I judge? It's his Son, I just can't think how ugly this could get real fast if things went south.
Me as a Father would NEVER be able to forgive myself if SHTF doing this.
I do remember riding like this with my Dad when I was even younger then this kid, but I always had boots long pants and jacket and gloves. My Dad never let me take the throttle that I can remember, "pretty sure, I would have remembered that one"
I'm sure this kid will.
Which is cool.

motozeke
04-15-2014, 11:01 PM
I think it is cool that the Dad is shearing love for the hobby, but he could have put some better protection on the kiddo. I guess that's my real complaint about this video.
But who I'm I judge? It's his Son, I just can't think how ugly this could get real fast if things went south.
Me as a Father would NEVER be able to forgive myself if SHTF doing this.
I do remember riding like this with my Dad when I was even younger then this kid, but I always had boots long pants and jacket and gloves. My Dad never let me take the throttle that I can remember, "pretty sure, I would have remembered that one"
I'm sure this kid will.
Which is cool.

Yeah, I know... the adventurer in me is glad this kid isn't being raised like a fearful shut-in like so many kids these days, but let's face it pops is taking real liberties with his son's well being here. I'm genuinely divided.

Steve 0080
04-15-2014, 11:32 PM
We could “what if this to death”…… me so what… seemed to be on a country road/area, not sure there is/was any real danger…the memories…priceless!

bobbyf6b
04-16-2014, 12:44 AM
I wouldn't do it, but there's no handbook on parenting. To each his own. My favorite part is the helmet. It reads DEATH. Nice touch. :icon_cool:

BuzzzPhotos
04-16-2014, 01:08 AM
My Son rode a dirt bike before he could pedal a bike. My Grandkids drive my tractor, scag & 4 wheeler on my property. Most kids today only drive video games. Some goody two shoes will likely try to get him arrested. Let them enjoy life. ;hdrider;

hiflyer
04-16-2014, 07:25 AM
When I was a kid, my dad brought home a Cushman "step thru" in a box. He rebuilt the engine, painted the scoot red with Krylon, the wheels silver, and put it all back together. I thought it looked better than new. The first couple of months he would hold it up until I got on and helped me take off. He would "catch" me when it was time to stop, because I couldn't hold it up when not rolling. I never crashed it. That's one of my best memories, and gave me the love of motorcycling that I still enjoy today, 51 years later.

Mr. PDQ
04-16-2014, 08:21 AM
I think more dads need to spend quality bonding time with their kids! He was steering the bike via weight transfer and I'm sure had control. I am glad he had him on the open road, the danger is in traffic. All of our generations on this forum rode bicycles with no helmet and survived and we played competitive sports where there was a winner and a loser. Today everyone wins, everyone is awesome! Anyway…rambling I think he is being a good dad spending time with his boy outdoors!

Capt. Rob,

You are dead on the money. We even drank water from a garden hose, the humanity man the humanity.

Ever thought about running for office? To quote a favorite author of mine " We need more Patton and less paten leather"

A Healthy

Steve 0080
04-16-2014, 09:23 AM
I have been looking for a poem/story I received on the web…running with scissors, drinking from a hose, lead paint on hi-chairs, no child seat, or bike helmet…and the list goes on…

I owned a seamless gutter business for 20 years…I bought another house and was installing gutter on it when my wife came by and our 4 yoa child was on the roof, “helping”….. she kept her mouth shut and held onto her heart and went in side…..now the child, 25 yoa has NO fear of heights or of working with his hands. Not sure which is the better lesson….raising a titty baby or a man or young woman…. JMHO

Bobby said it best: there is no manual that comes with a child…and what works on one will not on the second or third or forth…..

CaptRob
04-16-2014, 11:10 PM
Capt. Rob,

You are dead on the money. We even drank water from a garden hose, the humanity man the humanity.

Ever thought about running for office? To quote a favorite author of mine " We need more Patton and less paten leather"

A Healthy

WE need more pictures of kids with fish and less selfies!!! lol I'm not sure about the kids today! Shit! I am starting to sound like my parents and grandparents!!