PDA

View Full Version : The Blues Connection Podcast

Paul B Blues
04-16-2014, 02:17 AM
Hi Guys,

I will be recording the next Blues Connection podcast next week, if there are any Blues & Soul fans out there who'd like to hear a song, or want a shout out then drop me a line 'all/right''mailman'

Cheers

Paul B........:icon_cool:

Hook
04-16-2014, 03:40 AM
send me the info. I'm a HUGE BLULES FAN!!

Paul B Blues
04-17-2014, 04:44 AM
Hi Hook,

My website is www.onairtunes.com If you go to the podcast section and click on The Blues Connection then you can listen to the podcasts, or you can find us on iTunes/Windows Media player again under The Blues Connection. I play what I like, and there are NO adverts. If you want something played drop me a PM and I'll give you a shout out, it's that easy.

Paul B.........:icon_cool:

RonRider
04-21-2014, 04:13 PM
I'd like to hear the podcast. I just had one huge treat a few weeks ago. I have been a fan of Bob Margolin for about 30 years. He started out earning his chops in the Muddy Waters Band as a young man and has since played regularly with Pinetop Perkins and Nappy Brown before they both passed. I track his tour dates but rarely find him coming to the West Coast except for the big festivals. Well, out of the blue, (or Blues) I saw an ad he was going to be at the Arcadia Blues Club here in Arcadia Ca, near the Santa Anita Race Track. I had never been to this venue before, but I bought 3 tickets. I'm 60 years old myself and have wanted to take my sons (22 & 24) to a blues concert. It turned out to be a little hole in the wall. No more than 50 people showed and it was fantastic. He was on the bill with Coco Montoya and Bob came out first and did 2 sets, about 60 minutes each. Afterwards I got a picture with him and he hung out and chatted at our pool table. It doesn't get any better than that.
Thanks for listening, Ron from Santa Clarita, CA.

Paul B Blues
04-22-2014, 02:47 AM
Hi Ron,

Those kind of venues are just perfect, and more often than not the best place to enjoy The Blues. I'm glad you had a great time, and I'm sure you'll re-live those memories again and again. I'll play a Bob track for you no bother at all. 'all/right'

Paul B...:icon_cool:

Paul B Blues
04-24-2014, 09:50 AM
Hi Everyone,

Putting together the playlist for the next podcast. It's being recorded next Friday 2nd May "That's when the wife's at work" :icon_wink: Is there anyone else who'd like a mention or a particular artist played? If you can find the track on Spotify then I'll play it, so don't be shy.

Paul B......violin.