PDA

View Full Version : Goldwing Virgin

Darren
04-16-2014, 12:28 PM
Thanks for letting me join the forum, I plan to pick as many brains as I can re fitting a taller screen and some other accessories. I'm a Brit living in Canada and picked up my F6B last Wednesday (my wife bought it for me as a surprise) and so far I've clocked up 700kms. The thing that annoy me is the screen (it blasts me in the face), other than that I love the bike.

F6B-RICH
04-16-2014, 12:40 PM
'welcome gang' from N.J.What color F6B did your wife surprise you with?The FAST black or SSSLLLLOOOOWWWW red :icon_biggrin:.batman-smilie.

Hornblower
04-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Thanks for letting me join the forum, I plan to pick as many brains as I can re fitting a taller screen and some other accessories. I'm a Brit living in Canada and picked up my F6B last Wednesday (my wife bought it for me as a surprise) and so far I've clocked up 700kms. The thing that annoy me is the screen (it blasts me in the face), other than that I love the bike.

Hi, Darren 'welcome gang' Congratulations on joining our illustrious group. The bike is great and the people you'll meet here make it an even better experience. With only a few exceptions, most of us have changed out the wind screen and, as you'll see, there are quite a few other "tweaks" that can improve an already great machine. Lighting, both front and rear, is another popular area for improvements. As you'll see, we have a pretty good list of supporting vendors that greatly add to this forum :clap2:.

Darren
04-16-2014, 02:36 PM
'welcome gang' from N.J.What color F6B did your wife surprise you with?The FAST black or SSSLLLLOOOOWWWW red :icon_biggrin:.batman-smilie.

Fast black, with the pillion backrest, center stand and luggage rack

jimsol1
04-16-2014, 03:01 PM
If you don't want to end up with a garage full of shields, get the madstad, fully adjustable, and the looks do grow on you. I tried the stock, the 11" baggershield set at 12.5", and the madstad 11" dark gray. the Madstad did the trick, I now find myself turning the radio down instead of up, even at highway speeds. Jim

Darren
04-16-2014, 04:46 PM
If you don't want to end up with a garage full of shields, get the madstad, fully adjustable, and the looks do grow on you. I tried the stock, the 11" baggershield set at 12.5", and the madstad 11" dark gray. the Madstad did the trick, I now find myself turning the radio down instead of up, even at highway speeds. Jim

To be honest was looking at the Flare, I am used to having a low shield and like the look of the smoked, but I'm going to take my time before I make my choice

Fla_rider
04-17-2014, 08:34 PM

Right Batman - it's flash Red!