PDA

View Full Version : ACTION PARK! (NEW JERSEY)

Westernbiker
04-17-2014, 04:44 PM
I would be interested to know if any of you guys or gals ever went to this park? The loop slide is AWSOME! :shock: I did read that ALLOT of peple got hurt in this park especially that slide and the slide was not open for very long. Also read quit a few drownings too! Sure looks like an OUT OF CONTROL place, WOW! :yikes: Loop slide is at the end of video. You New Jersey folks chime in with your experience if you went.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDHqfhyCbbM

F6B-RICH
04-17-2014, 06:13 PM
YES YES and YES :yes: Action Park was sick went several times a year for years when I was younger.The Cannon Ball and the Cannon Ball Loop was really cool.I like the Cannon Ball because you would end up in a spring feed pool of water.After knocking your head around in the Cannon Ball tube you would land in freezing cold spring water that would really wake you up.The down hill slope (forgot the name) were you would sit in the plastic sled had a handle that you push away from you and it raises the sled and wheels came out to make you go down the cement track hill.You would take a sky lift to the top of the hill and get in your sled.The issue with that ride was you were suppose to pull the handle towards you so the wheels would go in and the sled scraps to slow you down around the turns if not the wheels on the sled can go to high of the track and you could fly of the track.You could get some good speed going down the track hill and I heard several people went off the track and got hurt.There were lots on wet and dry rides at Action Park and was open for some time before it closed .batman-smilie.

Westernbiker
04-18-2014, 09:48 AM
YES YES and YES :yes: Action Park was sick went several times a year for years when I was younger.The Cannon Ball and the Cannon Ball Loop was really cool.I like the Cannon Ball because you would end up in a spring feed pool of water.After knocking your head around in the Cannon Ball tube you would land in freezing cold spring water that would really wake you up.The down hill slope (forgot the name) were you would sit in the plastic sled had a handle that you push away from you and it raises the sled and wheels came out to make you go down the cement track hill.You would take a sky lift to the top of the hill and get in your sled.The issue with that ride was you were suppose to pull the handle towards you so the wheels would go in and the sled scraps to slow you down around the turns if not the wheels on the sled can go to high of the track and you could fly of the track.You could get some good speed going down the track hill and I heard several people went off the track and got hurt.There were lots on wet and dry rides at Action Park and was open for some time before it closed .batman-smilie.

Wow Rich, lucky duck you, I would have loved to experience that place. The video makes the place look a bit wreckless and I can see where injuries could happen very easily!

GONRDN
04-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Being from Long Island I used to go as a teenager with a carload of guys and girls. We always had fun.

Steve 0080
04-18-2014, 10:50 PM
Where is the fun if no one leaves w/o a mark?