PDA

View Full Version : Ride

choptop
04-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Bike is warming up, about to go on my first ride on Da 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul B Blues
04-19-2014, 12:45 PM
Enjoy the ride, I'm getting my gear sorted for a ride tomorrow, so we'll both be smiling soon. ;roughrider;

erazor55
04-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Took a nice breakfast ride with the wife today. Perfect weather here in Houston.

unsub
04-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Bike is warming up, about to go on my first ride on Da 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Sh*t. Took you long enough!:icon_biggrin:

I won't say have a nice ride, 'cause I know you will.
I won't say be safe, 'cause I know you will.
I will say, a ride report is mandatory from you on your return.:yes:

Steve 0080
04-19-2014, 05:41 PM
WOW!!! Not sure how you made it waiting so long!!!!! 'riding'

ED209
04-19-2014, 05:56 PM
I hope you are as pleased as I was on the first ride.

choptop
04-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Holy Sh*t. Took you long enough!:icon_biggrin:

I won't say have a nice ride, 'cause I know you will.
I won't say be safe, 'cause I know you will.
I will say, a ride report is mandatory from you on your return.:yes:

Well just got back from a 210 mile ride, 60 - 64 degrees, 25 - 30 mph winds, intermittent light rain the last hour and 30 % freeway 70 % back roads. First off let me say that I am very disappointed, disappointed in the fact that I did not have a bike like this 5 years ago. I have never had a bike like this to compare it to, the last three bikes I had, over the past 10 years, have been (2) Warriors and a '90 Fl w/a 127 ci engine. It is everything that everybody said it was, handling is great, power is awesome, roll on from say 60 to 90 is a shtload of fun. Never had a radio and I love it, even at 65 down the highway, love the gauges, never road it stock or pre belly pan , Mustang seat and lowered, but they all seem to work well for me, the (6) full turns I did on the preload give me a firm but not harsh ride and the Mustang is comfortable and puts me back far enough so that the bars feel right. I can possibly see were the grips put my wrists at a slight angle and that might be a slight issue on a long ride, I may look into Rockies product. Used to the kick stand being in front of my foot, I seem to hit it when getting off the bike. During the intermittent rain and 30+ miles of wet roads my pants or shoes never really got wet, on any of my other bikes I would have been soaked to my knees.
Scraped the bellypan once , never hit the rev limiter and broke the speed limit multiple times. I DO know that I need highway pegs, knees get to cramped, like the Rivco Aero Flip outs but I kinda like that chrome strip on the engine and my understanding is that I would loose it w/the black pegs and I think the chrome ones would be to much, suggestions on the Aero Flip Outs.
All in all I am a happy camper, yes I will miss my Shtbk, but it has a good home w/my brother, and what all goes with that percieved Harley thing but this is a damn enjoyable bike and I am looking for many more smiles down the road!

Steve 0080
04-19-2014, 07:14 PM
I don't think I could have had a bike in the garage, added bling and NOT be able to ride it!!!!! Glad you like the scoot!!!

Fla_rider
04-19-2014, 07:16 PM
:lolup: everything chop said times 10!

choptop
04-19-2014, 07:22 PM
I don't think I could have had a bike in the garage, added bling and NOT be able to ride it!!!!! Glad you like the scoot!!!

If you lived in Wi., you would know why. Lots of bling adding days, very few good riding days, hope this was the start of many !:icon_biggrin:

unsub
04-19-2014, 07:27 PM
It is everything that everybody said it was, handling is great, power is awesome, roll on from say 60 to 90 is a shtload of fun.

Yessiree!

:cheers:

Sorcerer
04-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Glad to hear you finely got your's out. I left out at 6:00am today and arived in Branson mo. about 5:30 pm. Did you do the flood run today?

choptop
04-20-2014, 05:50 AM
Glad to hear you finely got your's out. I left out at 6:00am today and arived in Branson mo. about 5:30 pm. Did you do the flood run today?

No, had to work in the a.m., did you take the 6 to Branson ?

Sorcerer
04-20-2014, 08:29 AM
Yup took the 6. 691 miles for the day. We will be baseing out of Branson doing day rides for the week.

choptop
04-20-2014, 08:33 AM
Yup took the 6. 691 miles for the day. We will be baseing out of Branson doing day rides for the week.

Happy Easter and have fun!!!!!!!