PDA

View Full Version : Mustang wedgie.

choptop
04-21-2014, 04:02 AM
Replaced the stock seat w/a Mustang one before I got a chance to see how it felt, maybe their is a break in time, not sure but my pants seem to get pulled back, kind of like a Wedgie, putting pressure on the "boys". Never really remember this on my other bikes, gets kind of uncomfortable. I am wondering if the forward pegs might help alleviate this, maybe try a different pair of pants...

F6B-RICH
04-21-2014, 06:36 AM
:icon_laugh:funnypost.:lolup: I can not help.I own a hard as a rock Corbin seat .batman-smilie.

ED209
04-21-2014, 07:04 AM
:crackup: so basically.............you ride with a camel toe :crackup:

Scotrod
04-21-2014, 07:49 AM
Are ya sure you didn't lower the forks too much and accidently raise the rear? :yikes:

choptop
04-21-2014, 10:06 AM
:crackup: so basically.............you ride with a camel toe :crackup:
Not exactly but I'm sure it wouldn't be a pretty sight if I was wearing those spandex biking shorts and got off the 6.

choptop
04-21-2014, 10:09 AM
Are ya sure you didn't lower the forks too much and accidently raise the rear? :yikes:
Will get my 6 foot level out make sure I didn't screw up on that mod.lol

Steve 0080
04-21-2014, 10:42 AM
I like the fabric on the Mustang it keeps you from sliding forward and back.....sorry...TMI on your issue..... :jerkit:

stepbill
04-21-2014, 11:53 AM
The stock seat lets you slide around some but the material in the Mustang seat prevents this. When you sit is where you stay. Give it some time, you might start enjoying the feeling :shhh:

Tbone56
04-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Replaced the stock seat w/a Mustang one before I got a chance to see how it felt, maybe their is a break in time, not sure but my pants seem to get pulled back, kind of like a Wedgie, putting pressure on the "boys". Never really remember this on my other bikes, gets kind of uncomfortable. I am wondering if the forward pegs might help alleviate this, maybe try a different pair of pants...

I have the Ergo II highway pegs, which seems to help push you back rather that forward.

Scotrod
04-21-2014, 12:42 PM
I recommend less brakes, more throttle! :icon_biggrin:

F6B-RICH
04-21-2014, 02:23 PM
I recommend popping more wheelies while riding the F6B .dickie-deals..batman-smilie.

choptop
04-21-2014, 02:25 PM
I like the fabric on the Mustang it keeps you from sliding forward and back.....sorry...TMI on your issue..... :jerkit:
You can usually never have enough information, in this case, maybe not so much, hopefully the visual in your head does not keep you up at night.:icon_lol:

choptop
04-21-2014, 02:28 PM
Ordered the Rivco Aero Flip-outs in Chrome, hopefully that will help keep everybody happy.:icon_biggrin:

Scotrod
04-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Ordered the Rivco Aero Flip-outs in Chrome, hopefully that will help keep everybody happy.:icon_biggrin:

I sure hope they work out for ya,,,

Hate to see ya end up like this:

http://www.getkooky.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/o/novelty-mens-costume-just-hanging-around-testicles-getkooky.jpg

RT59
04-21-2014, 06:16 PM
I have several pairs of these. For work and for riding they have been great.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-pants/mens-pants.aspx

-R

ED209
04-21-2014, 07:25 PM
I sure hope they work out for ya,,,

Hate to see ya end up like this:

http://www.getkooky.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/o/novelty-mens-costume-just-hanging-around-testicles-getkooky.jpg

OHHHHH :crackup:

Texas TC
04-22-2014, 10:13 AM
Funny thing is, the discomfort you described occurred on my stock seat after it "broke in" at about 10,000 miles. I was very pleased when I installed my Mustang seat and it relieved the pressure in that critical area.

hiflyer
04-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Could sitting one inch further back have anything to do with it?

Texas TC
04-22-2014, 11:20 PM
Could sitting one inch further back have anything to do with it?

Maybe. I did not need handlebar risers with my Mustang seat, others felt the need for them. If the rider is leaning forward due to the seating position being farther back, it could cause pressure in a very sensitive area of the male anatomy. You might just be on to something.

royr
04-23-2014, 06:22 PM

The stock seat lets you slide around some but the material in the Mustang seat prevents this. When you sit is where you stay. Give it some time, you might start enjoying the feeling :shhh:

I got my Mustang standard seat today and took it for a short ride. I did not find the seat material "gripy". My first impression was that it was somewhat slick. Are your seats tuck-n-roll or standard? Maybe that is the difference.

choptop
04-23-2014, 06:38 PM
I got my Mustang standard seat today and took it for a short ride. I did not find the seat material "gripy". My first impression was that it was somewhat slick. Are your seats tuck-n-roll or standard? Maybe that is the difference.

Mine is tuck 'n roll and in retrospect I see how it can contribute to my "wedgie" thang and will adjust accordingly and hoping the Aero flip-outs will help.

Retired Army
04-23-2014, 07:12 PM
I have several pairs of these. For work and for riding they have been great.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-pants/mens-pants.aspx

-R

I thought these were sold at the octagon ball room.

CheckpointChcky
06-23-2014, 11:21 PM
Funny thing is, the discomfort you described occurred on my stock seat after it "broke in" at about 10,000 miles. I was very pleased when I installed my Mustang seat and it relieved the pressure in that critical area.

So, even though I feel like the stock seat is quite comfortable, will it start to break down the more it is ridden on?

F6BPDX
06-24-2014, 12:32 PM
So, even though I feel like the stock seat is quite comfortable, will it start to break down the more it is ridden on?

Yes, although how bad and how quickly will certainly depend on your weight. Mine is pretty broken down at 12k and is getting progressively more uncomfortable but I weigh in at almost 300lbs. If I was 160 I doubt it would be an issue.