PDA

View Full Version : Buyers reviews

Swan
05-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Hi to all you f6b owners, I'm looking to get a f6b but momma wants a full dressed wing, I like the looks of the new f6b but not sure if its as good at going in long rides say 100 miles with the wife. Rode my first goldwings audio/comfort last week and wow what a nice ride, the seat was great. But the seat on the f6b is different and not heated.other bikes don't compare the the f6b it's just one nice bike, but haven't rode on yet, did dealer work on msrp any with anyone?was it list all the way or did they deal,because I can get a full wing for 20999 but want the f6b. First post here and ride a custom 2004 vtx1300c now had sense new.

Texas TC
05-08-2013, 03:43 PM
I traded a perfectly good 2012 GL1800 for my red F6B Deluxe and would not go back for anything. The F6B is the best handling, most fun motorcycle of the 19 bikes I have owned which includes BMW, many Harley's and two full size Wings. In the 9 weeks I have owned it, I have accumulated 3400 miles/smiles.

I would not in the least be concerned about riding long distances on the F6B.

My dealer gave me $2000.00 off msrp back in February so deals can be made.

Now for the passenger point of view, I have no input. I ride solo. My wife rode her own bikes (3 Harley's ) for years before giving up riding for more grandparent time and has no interest on riding on the back ever again. I don't blame her, I would not want to ride on the back either. I did read an article in one of the cycle magazines that stated the comfort level for the passenger is awesome on the F6B.

Honda makes great motorcycles and you cannot go wrong with the GL1800 or the F6B. The latter is just much more fun to ride.

gkrush
05-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Here is a link to the article Texas TC mentions:
http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/04/22/harley-davidson-cvo-road-glide-vs-honda-gold-wing-f6b-deluxe-comparison-test/

Quotes from that article:
The F6B’s silky-smooth engine, fabulous seats, compliant suspension and faultless ergonomics made both rider and passenger feel like they truly were in the lap of luxury. I never squirmed in the very least atop the Honda’s saddle, and Rosanne—who has logged countless miles on many different bikes as my co-pilot—said the passenger compartment was the most comfortable she had ever experienced. “Everything was ideal,” she noted, “the seat shape, the backrest location, the footpeg placement. I could have ridden back there forever.”

One of those aforementioned exceptions is the Harley Davidson CVO’s passenger seat, which Rosanne was unable to tolerate for more than an hour or so. “After that,” she said,
“I was in sheer, agonizing pain.” The pillion pad is short, narrow, flat and comparatively hard, an imperfect match for a human derriere. It’s more suitable for short jaunts on a cruiser than for long rides on a bike with touring aspirations. Combine that with the harsh thumps frequently delivered by the H-D’s exceptionally short (2.0-in.) rear-wheel travel, and you have passenger accommodations that are far from luxurious.

Wild Bill
05-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Cant say on rear seat.Wife hasnt got a chance to ride more than about an hour.But she says it is way better than our trade in.06 kaw. vn 1600 classic. As for driver seat.Went on a day trip from ga to nc and tn. 600 miles.Just stoped for gas and food. Was a good ride.Very comfortable.Got mine for $17.4 F6B stnd.

Barre
05-13-2013, 06:55 AM
Did a little 100 mile ride with the wife on the back yesterday and she had no problems. Said the passenger seat was very comfortable and she just had to get used to the lower backrest (She's used to the taller Corbin rig on my Valk). But otherwise she said she was quite comfortable. Her only complaint was that the hand rails were slippery but that was my fault...I got detailer spray on them.

av8rdave
05-13-2013, 08:57 AM
My previous ride was a 2000 Roadstar with a Mustang touring saddle, which she liked. Her first impression of the F6B observer's seat was "a vast improvement" over the Mustang.

FWIW, she hasn't been on there long enough for a really fair evaluation.

Retired Army
05-13-2013, 09:16 AM
I traded a Yamaha V Star 650 in on the F6B and the transition to the larger ride was smooth and uneventful. I have owned my last v twin. I did get the red one. I am wondering if the configuration of the boxer or flat engine adds to the smoothness of the ride?

av8rdave
05-13-2013, 09:21 AM
I traded a Yamaha V Star 650 in on the F6B and the transition to the larger ride was smooth and uneventful. I have owned my last v twin. I did get the red one. I am wondering if the configuration of the boxer or flat engine adds to the smoothness of the ride?

I had no complaints on my 1600cc V-twin - it was more a pulse than a vibration. The Gold Wing engine, however, is a completely different animal. I have felt no vibration whatsoever. I occasionally turn the sound down to be sure it's still running!

Steve 0080
05-13-2013, 07:45 PM
My wife has stated that the F6B is very comfortable…even though it does not have the princess chair!!!