PDA

View Full Version : How secure is F6B on side stand?

RoadWeary
04-22-2014, 09:41 PM
Company parking lot is not flat, and it's supposed to be windy tomorrow. Side stand is kind of puny compared to what I am used to, and holds the bike fairly upright. Is it possible to blow over a 850 lb bike?

hiflyer
04-22-2014, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=RoadWeary;28555]Company parking lot is not flat, and it's supposed to be windy tomorrow. Side stand is kind of puny compared to what I am used to, and holds the bike fairly upright. Is it possible to blow over a 850 lb bike?[/QUOTE

I would think it would take some major wind, as in wind I wouldn't want to be riding in, to blow it over. Uneven lots require that sidestand is on the downhill side when parked, and I always leave my bike in gear when using the sidestand.

Alberta Beagle
04-22-2014, 10:31 PM
I've never had an issue with my side stand. Always seems very sturdy.

Beagle

98valk
04-22-2014, 11:43 PM
I recently had the same concern about the bike possibly blowing over. This F6B is sure a lot easier to lift off of the side stand than my Valk was.

I read on the goldwing forum that they have had their bikes blow over in heavy winds.

So, I parked with the front right side of the bike facing the oncoming wind, just in case. No problem that day.

jkelley
04-23-2014, 06:11 AM
The wind doesn't scare me too much, but a slight forward down hill needs to be avoided at all costs. or leave it in gear, the side stand does not lock in like a Harley so it will roll.

Richie
04-23-2014, 08:49 AM
Does anyone sell a locking side stand for our bikes?

Richie

opas ride
04-23-2014, 09:14 AM
The wind, if forceful enough, could possibly blow the bike over but I doubt it would happen unless the winds were extremely high...Side stand is built to hold bike up without issues as far as I know...