PDA

View Full Version : New Ultimate seat is amazing

bigdawg
04-27-2014, 12:48 AM
I have been riding motorcycles for almost 45 years and I can honestly say that no accessory has given me more happiness and comfort than the Ultimate Seat. I wasn't sure I was going to like it initially because it sat me a little higher than stock, but either I got used to it quickly or the seat got broken in and the increased height wasn't as noticeable. I really fell in love with it on a recent trip from Omaha to Austin. I rode 2500 miles in 4 days, including over 900 miles the first day and my backside was not only not sore, but it was in pure heaven. I have the Midrider seat with rider backrest as well as highway pegs to stretch out and lean back when needed. I am 5' 10" and the Midrider is perfect for me. It is made of high quality materials with attention to detail. It also looks much better in person than in pictures.

The only minor annoyance is that it isn't waterproof and you have to put on a rain cover when it rains. However, it works great as advertised. It is so comfortable that I sometimes go sit on it in the garage with my bike on it's center stand just to relax. For those of you looking for a new seat I can't give any higher praise or recommendation then for the Ultimate Seat.

GiddyupF6B
04-27-2014, 06:27 AM
I have the King version of this seat and love it! My only complaint would be is that I cannot use my rain cover. The front lip of the seat is so snug against the panel that I have to slide the cover back and forth to get it up under the lip.....the first time I tried to do this the abrasive material started to scratch the clear coat so now I just put a piece of plastic over it when I wash it. If I get caught in the rain when I'm riding hopefully it will stay dry and when I stop it's the plastic.

Scotrod
04-27-2014, 08:44 AM
I have been riding motorcycles for almost 45 years and I can honestly say that no accessory has given me more happiness and comfort than the Ultimate Seat. .

Its nice when you can find something you like that much!

If it works, keep on workin it!!! :yes:

Dave Ritsema
04-27-2014, 08:44 AM
I have the King version of this seat and love it! My only complaint would be is that I cannot use my rain cover. The front lip of the seat is so snug against the panel that I have to slide the cover back and forth to get it up under the lip.....the first time I tried to do this the abrasive material started to scratch the clear coat so now I just put a piece of plastic over it when I wash it. If I get caught in the rain when I'm riding hopefully it will stay dry and when I stop it's the plastic.

Glad you like your Ultimate, I had them on both of my Valkyries. Regarding the King, did you find that it pushed you back considerably? I am a bigger guy as far as weight goes and per Des's website I should use the King. However I am about to purchase some risers because I want to bring the bars a little closer to me and if the seat pushes me back away from the bars I am concerned I will just pretty much end up where I started.

May I also ask a favor of you and have you post a few pictures? I haven't seen any Kings mounted on a bike yet. Did you get the backrest also? The stock back rest is pretty low and I want it to be more comfortable for my wife also. If anyone has any feedback on how their co-rider likes the Ultimate I would be interested to hear any impressions you may have to share.
Thanks!

LX2
04-27-2014, 06:03 PM
The only bike my GF had ever rode on was my last Goldwing. When I got her on the back of a standard F6 demo it was a LLarge difference with nothing behind her at all. I wound up buying a deluxe so the stock backrest for her was better than none. Couple weeks later I bought a mid rider from Des with a passenger backrest that's also taller and now she is good to go....oh yeah, meetoo!

LX2
04-27-2014, 06:11 PM
We will really put the mid rider to the test when we ride from Texas to NC in about a month to the VRCC ride in. I think it will work!!!

GiddyupF6B
04-28-2014, 06:17 AM
Glad you like your Ultimate, I had them on both of my Valkyries. Regarding the King, did you find that it pushed you back considerably? I am a bigger guy as far as weight goes and per Des's website I should use the King. However I am about to purchase some risers because I want to bring the bars a little closer to me and if the seat pushes me back away from the bars I am concerned I will just pretty much end up where I started.

May I also ask a favor of you and have you post a few pictures? I haven't seen any Kings mounted on a bike yet. Did you get the backrest also? The stock back rest is pretty low and I want it to be more comfortable for my wife also. If anyone has any feedback on how their co-rider likes the Ultimate I would be interested to hear any impressions you may have to share.
Thanks!

Here are a couple of pics of the seat installed. I'm 6'3 300lbs and the seat is a great fit for my size. The distance it puts you back is barely noticeable to be honest. What is noticeable is the difference in height. I had just gotten my wind management under control after 4 windshields and now I'm getting hit with a little more wind. Not a big deal at all just an observation. No backrest for the rider here, only passenger. My girlfriend LOVES the seat! The backrest riser that Steve on this forum sells is a must, in the stock position the passenger backrest is useless and uncomfortable. I too will be getting risers but I am opposite of you as I want my bars a little further forward. With the seat sitting me back a little further, the comfort drop boards I just installed, and some forward risers this bike will have an ideal set up for someone my size.......I'm close! Just hit 4,000 miles and $7,000....just got the bike in June!!!! Lol....... :icon_doh:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/BlackDarth_zps9210dada.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-03/mike1_zpsdiakrkuc.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-03/IMG_2359_zpsw2pkjj6w.jpg

GiddyupF6B
04-28-2014, 06:49 AM
I took some close ups for ya Dave :biggthumpup:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/IMAG0310_BURST002_zpscmp08qoc.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/IMAG0309_BURST001_zpsr6mpmwnj.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/IMAG0308_BURST001_zpskgudzq4c.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/IMAG0307_BURST002_zpsy31vzvok.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/IMAG0306_BURST002_zpsoa3ekl6q.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/IMAG0305_zpszgwdrk0v.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/IMAG0304_BURST001_zpsf5h1nxoi.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/IMAG0303_zpsx50qx6ar.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/IMAG0302_BURST001_zpssor04sqb.jpg

I wish I had some pics before I bought mine but I had one of the first ones and none were available at the time. Hope this helps!

Dave Ritsema
04-28-2014, 09:44 AM
Thank you SO much for taking the time to get all those pictures taken. I am also going to the VRCC ride in and Des is bringing a set for me there but I really wanted to see what it looks like and what the co-riders impression of the seat was as well because my wife rides with me and I want her to be as comfortable as she was on my Valkyrie Interstate. I agree on the backrest height as well, will pick that up from Des also.

Thanks again guys! :039:

Dave Ritsema
04-28-2014, 09:49 AM
The only bike my GF had ever rode on was my last Goldwing. When I got her on the back of a standard F6 demo it was a LLarge difference with nothing behind her at all. I wound up buying a deluxe so the stock backrest for her was better than none. Couple weeks later I bought a mid rider from Des with a passenger backrest that's also taller and now she is good to go....oh yeah, meetoo!

Look forward to seeing you and your beautiful bike at InZane.:icon_biggrin:

hiflyer
04-28-2014, 11:08 PM
I have been riding motorcycles for almost 45 years and I can honestly say that no accessory has given me more happiness and comfort than the Ultimate Seat.

OK dawg, I'm believing ya. I ordered one today. I hope I'm as impressed as you, because when it comes in, I'll have two stock seats now that I've chosen this one over the RDL. When I get the Ultimate, I'll offer one of them as a loner to pass around to forum members wanting a custom seat built from their pan.

bigdawg
04-28-2014, 11:27 PM
OK dawg, I'm believing ya. I ordered one today. I hope I'm as impressed as you, because when it comes in, I'll have two stock seats now that I've chosen this one over the RDL. When I get the Ultimate, I'll offer one of them as a loner to pass around to forum members wanting a custom seat built from their pan.

Good luck hiflyer. Remember, the seating is a little different than you have been used too. Give it a chance to get used to it and I think you will love it. Remember to order the rain cover. It doesn't come with it.

CheckpointChcky
05-04-2014, 07:53 PM
I'm hoping the stock seat will be comfy. I've had 3 different Ultimate seats and love them but with me really having to stretch in order for my feet to touch the ground, I'm afraid the Ultimate would raise me off the street even more.

SPGrenier
07-17-2014, 03:29 PM
I like the look of the Ultimate seats. Does anyone have a picture of the Ultimate seats backrests from the back? I'd like to see how the Ultimate backrest pad attaches to their brackets. Is it simply a bolt on? I guess I'd like to see the bracket without the pad on it.

I special ordered my Ultimate seat plain (all with the same black vinyl and not the carbon fiber accent). It had better work out for me because there's nor return on this one.

badpapi
07-17-2014, 04:05 PM
:postpics:

SPGrenier
07-17-2014, 04:13 PM
:postpics:

As soon as I get the seat I'll get some pics up.

CheckpointChcky
07-17-2014, 05:30 PM
Ultimate's website says the mid rider seat is supposed to sit you exactly like the stock seat but some of you are saying that it sits you up higher and a little more back. Now I am confused. I would get one if it is just the same as the stock but won't if it's not.

hiflyer
07-17-2014, 06:35 PM
Ultimate's website says the mid rider seat is supposed to sit you exactly like the stock seat but some of you are saying that it sits you up higher and a little more back. Now I am confused. I would get one if it is just the same as the stock but won't if it's not.

I had one, I didn't consider it anything close to stock seating position.

badpapi
07-17-2014, 07:56 PM
As soon as I get the seat I'll get some pics up.
:yikes:"brain fart"funnychit. I DINT SEE ANY OF THE PICS POSTED ON TOP FROM SOME REASON THIS MORNING .
PARDON MY INDECENCY

SPGrenier
07-18-2014, 12:42 PM
You should send some of the pics to Ultimate for their owners' gallery. Pretty slim pickins there right now.

1BADF6B
07-20-2014, 06:54 AM
Here are a couple of pics of the seat installed. I'm 6'3 300lbs and the seat is a great fit for my size. The distance it puts you back is barely noticeable to be honest. What is noticeable is the difference in height. I had just gotten my wind management under control after 4 windshields and now I'm getting hit with a little more wind. Not a big deal at all just an observation. No backrest for the rider here, only passenger. My girlfriend LOVES the seat! The backrest riser that Steve on this forum sells is a must, in the stock position the passenger backrest is useless and uncomfortable. I too will be getting risers but I am opposite of you as I want my bars a little further forward. With the seat sitting me back a little further, the comfort drop boards I just installed, and some forward risers this bike will have an ideal set up for someone my size.......I'm close! Just hit 4,000 miles and $7,000....just got the bike in June!!!! Lol....... :icon_doh:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/BlackDarth_zps9210dada.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-03/mike1_zpsdiakrkuc.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-03/IMG_2359_zpsw2pkjj6w.jpg

Hello. Just the person I have been looking for. A fellow F6b rider that is part giant like myself. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind. I am the same height as you and I was wondering if the seat gave your passenger a little more room? Also what windshield did you find works the nest for you. I put a slipstream 11 in on and the air hits me right in the eyes. Also have you tired the rivco pegs that go on the engine? Thanks

GiddyupF6B
07-20-2014, 09:57 AM
Hello. Just the person I have been looking for. A fellow F6b rider that is part giant like myself. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind. I am the same height as you and I was wondering if the seat gave your passenger a little more room? Also what windshield did you find works the nest for you. I put a slipstream 11 in on and the air hits me right in the eyes. Also have you tired the rivco pegs that go on the engine? Thanks
Unless your passenger is bigger than you there is plenty of room for both of you. The seat sits you back further which is helpful at our height. I have the Rivco highway pegs in the front most setting and they're perfect. My screen is an electric adjustable screen made by Ergomot. It adjusts electrically from 13 inches to 18 inches and is nothing short of awesome (if you can get past the price and installation). Hope this helps

1BADF6B
07-27-2014, 06:24 AM
Unless your passenger is bigger than you there is plenty of room for both of you. The seat sits you back further which is helpful at our height. I have the Rivco highway pegs in the front most setting and they're perfect. My screen is an electric adjustable screen made by Ergomot. It adjusts electrically from 13 inches to 18 inches and is nothing short of awesome (if you can get past the price and installation). Hope this helps

Sounds good. I ordered the pegs. I am still a little questionable about the seat though. My wife is tall and I would like for her to have a little more room as well as my self. Lol but we will see. Thanks for the info

SPGrenier
07-27-2014, 11:31 AM
At 6'0" tall, 32 inseam and at 235lbs the Ultimate website suggests that I go with the MidRider. Since I wanted to move back a bit (to open my bent legs a little more), I decided to go with the King set-up with both backrests. The passenger backrest is a must have and for me, I just wanted the option.

The seat came in and was mounted on the bike 2 days ago. The quality and style make for a really nice looking seat.

Sitting on the seat, I do find that it sets me back as I had gambled on. At the same time, it did raise me up or the seat is a hair wider than stock, which, in either case would make you feel like you were higher or your legs were shorter. With the new Ultimate seat, I can still stop flat footed. However, I do need to get up on the toes to back the bike up. It is not a problem but a notable observation.

I took the bike out for a 450 mile ride in the north country of NH and Maine. I travelled all kinds of roads with some BMW owners who seemed surprised that I kept up with them. I never felt challenged so I'm not sure what that says. The F6B handles real nice.

Some have posted that they thought the Ultimate seat was too soft. Having sat on an Ultimate "Big Boy" on a friends VTX1800 I'd say that the older version of the Ultimate was softer. Maybe it was broken in..........maybe they're using a different foam today. I found the new seat to work out just great for me. Comfortable enough to cruise (I like the driver backrest) and shaped so I can still move around in it when I want to man handle the bike in some turns.

These pics show my seat mounted. I only put those up because I ordered my seats "plain". I chose not to use the carbon fiber accent on the seat and backrests and use the same vinyl throughout.