PDA

View Full Version : Blinded by the light.....I'm almost embarrased

hiflyer
04-27-2014, 07:46 PM
Got my LED light mounted and wired. Mine is a Galls unit, very similar to the Wheelen. I have the flash pattern set to "obnoxious" . It may be a little much, but after a ride, I noticed the vehicles behind me at stop lights had stopped a car length behind me. I'll probably go with the steady on when brake is on, or the simple single flash. I can't help but get the feeling that I'm inviting a "traffic stop" with the current mode.

4DI2D
04-28-2014, 10:28 AM
"Gosh, officer, did it change from the steady on where I set it? I'll check it as soon as I get home!"

Hornblower
04-28-2014, 10:38 AM
I know what you mean, hiflyer :agree: Early on, I was talking to another guy in the group, saying how I was concerned that my Whelen TIR3 would "irritate" cagers sitting behind me at a stop light. He brought me back to the real world by reminding me that at least they were less likely to rear end me. And, that's the main point, right? To be conspicuous is what it's all about when we're on a bike. That's why I have added "obnoxious" lights to both front and rear of my bike and I'm making no apologies about it :041: