PDA

View Full Version : Electronic deer avoidance???

Wild Bill
04-28-2014, 03:23 PM
Has anyone tried this product or have any idea if it really works? Hit two deer in two days with semi. Love to ride at night but the deer have got so bad here in Ga in past couple of years its not d=safe to be out after dark. Thanks Bill

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/55092/i/kuryakyn-hornet-electrical-deer-avoidance-system?SiteId=Criteo_Active_64-135&WT.mc_ID=11325

Dave Ritsema
04-28-2014, 04:15 PM
Has anyone tried this product or have any idea if it really works? Hit two deer in two days with semi. Love to ride at night but the deer have got so bad here in Ga in past couple of years its not d=safe to be out after dark. Thanks Bill

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/55092/i/kuryakyn-hornet-electrical-deer-avoidance-system?SiteId=Criteo_Active_64-135&WT.mc_ID=11325

I share your concerns about hitting deer, we have an over abundance of forest rats here also. It is my belief that all of these deer whistle things are pretty much snake oil. My basis for this is that I drive a firetruck and have hit several deer at night, and this is with flashing lights, air horns and a screaming siren. I have had the idiots look right at us and then run out in front of the truck at the last minute and splatter themselves all over the front bumper. I think the best problem solver for deer strikes is lengthened hunting seasons! :icon_twisted:

Deer Slayer
04-28-2014, 08:41 PM
I share your concerns about hitting deer, we have an over abundance of forest rats here also. It is my belief that all of these deer whistle things are pretty much snake oil. My basis for this is that I drive a firetruck and have hit several deer at night, and this is with flashing lights, air horns and a screaming siren. I have had the idiots look right at us and then run out in front of the truck at the last minute and splatter themselves all over the front bumper. I think the best problem solver for deer strikes is lengthened hunting seasons! :icon_twisted:

Install the whistles backwards and the deer will run away.:yikes::cheers:

yellow rex
04-28-2014, 09:54 PM
The best thing for avoiding a deer is a night vision camera.