PDA

View Full Version : Radar Screamer Co. goes into hiding

MichaelG
05-31-2013, 03:26 PM
As a word of caution...if anyone is even thinking about buying a Radar Screamer...I would advise against going with this company:

http://www.motorcycleradar.com/contact.htm

As it appears they have gone into hiding, refusing to directly answer any phone calls...refusing to respond to any e-mails, etc.

If I lived out there in jefferson, MA., I would ride over there and visit them.

I sent a package back to them 18 days ago, and the US Post Office tracking shows it was delivered to them 11 days ago.
This was the Radar Screamer that I had bought...installed on my bike to be able to hear my Valentine One detector, and found it to be faulty. I had several communications with the owner...Larry...and we agreed that I would send it back to him, and receive a full refund. He now has the faulty unit, and refuses to return calls or reply to e-mails. Even if I ptretend to be someone else...there is no getting through to him.

So, while I know that 93.14159 % of you have no ned to buy one of these...one of our obligations on this forum to to inform the rest of the members when something mischievious occurs, so that no one else gerts bitten in the butt.

Jcamp
05-31-2013, 09:52 PM
I live in Massachusetts. I've never heard of Jefferson, Ma.
I'm sorry for your loss.

MichaelG
06-01-2013, 12:54 AM
Thanks. I can afford the loss of the money, but I want to warn others so that tyey don't lose any money.

Dark Knight
06-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Here is some info, I am getting on a plane and will see what else I can find later. :stirthepot:

Mass incorporation info: http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/corp/corpsearch/CorpSearchSummary.asp?ReadFromDB=True&UpdateAllowed=&FEIN=043560206

URL information:
Registrant:
Sjl Products
Larry Sieminski
346 Quinapoxet Street
Jefferson, MA 01522
US
Phone: +1.5088293339
Email: sjlproducts@ix.netcom.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: motorcycleradar.com
Created on..............: 2009-11-06
Expires on..............: 2013-07-19

Administrative Contact:
Sjl Products
Larry Sieminski
346 Quinapoxet Street
Jefferson, MA 01522
US
Phone: +1.5088293339
Email: sjlproducts@ix.netcom.com

Technical Contact:
Earthlink, Inc.
Host Master
1430 W. Peachtree St. NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
US
Phone: +1.4048150770
Email: hostmaster@earthlink.net

DNS Servers:
dns3.earthlink.net
dns2.earthlink.net

As a word of caution...if anyone is even thinking about buying a Radar Screamer...I would advise against going with this company:

http://www.motorcycleradar.com/contact.htm

As it appears they have gone into hiding, refusing to directly answer any phone calls...refusing to respond to any e-mails, etc.

If I lived out there in jefferson, MA., I would ride over there and visit them.

I sent a package back to them 18 days ago, and the US Post Office tracking shows it was delivered to them 11 days ago.
This was the Radar Screamer that I had bought...installed on my bike to be able to hear my Valentine One detector, and found it to be faulty. I had several communications with the owner...Larry...and we agreed that I would send it back to him, and receive a full refund. He now has the faulty unit, and refuses to return calls or reply to e-mails. Even if I ptretend to be someone else...there is no getting through to him.

So, while I know that 93.14159 % of you have no ned to buy one of these...one of our obligations on this forum to to inform the rest of the members when something mischievious occurs, so that no one else gerts bitten in the butt.

ths61
05-09-2015, 08:17 PM
FWIW, I found this schematic to make your own Radar Screamer.

The parts listed are from Jaycar Electronics, but should be available elsewhere.

You can also put in a toggle switch between the battery and relay.

The inline diode is a protection feature for your radar detector.

Original Thread (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/83459-Homemade-radar-screamer/page3)

Doug44
05-10-2015, 06:48 AM
Hopefully this is a 1 man show or family company and they are away at a trade show or have an illness etc. I understand completely your frustration and this certainly is no excuse this day of call forwarding, cell phone but let's hope the ship gets rightened.