PDA

View Full Version : rear adjustment

CaptRob
05-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Does one need to remove the seat in order to adjust the rear suspension? With my new Cobras, they must be lower than stock as I drag pipes all the time now. Even going to the store. I have been playing with countersteering and even in mild turns i'm dragging.

Anyway, I did not see an adjustment under the seat when I put the Mustang on. I hear that it is behind one of the side panels but, do they pop off? or do I have to remove the seat to unscrew the panels? ( I do not want to remove that seat !!!)

Wild Bill
05-02-2014, 07:05 PM
It is behind the right hand side panel infront of the saddle bag. You will hve to open the bag to get it off. It just pulls off.Be crful the plastic pins are easy to break.

royr
05-02-2014, 07:55 PM
You may need to remove the seat to get behind the right panel with the Mustang seat. I have been told that you can get it lose enough to adjust the shock, but it would be close.

jakec
05-03-2014, 09:25 AM
I have the Mustang and I can remove the side panel without touching the seat. Rob did you mount the Cobras to the inside of the rear bracket? That's where they belong. I have Cobras and my pegs would drag before the pipes. This is before I lowered my bike and I used to run my shock on 3 clicks.