PDA

View Full Version : Picked up the Bike Yesterday at HOR

RickW
05-03-2014, 09:03 AM
I picked up our new F6B at HOR yesterday. Earl from HOR picked me up at the airport in Little Rock. If you are thinking of using HOR to purchase a bike, ask for Earl, he is the best.
Very easy to get a bike from them being out of state.

Had a great ride up the Ozarks going north from Russellville on 7. It was about 175 miles or so up here to Springfield, MO.
The F6B is a quite an improvement compared to my Valkyrie. It took all of about 1/4 mile to get used to it. I kept trying to use my heel toe shifter, going to fix that when I get home. The bike is incredibly smooth and quiet compared to my other bikes. May have to do something about the sound, it is different to not hear a lot of noise.
The handling in the mountains is what I was expecting, not much compares to it in the cruiser world.
Having a Valkyrie I was used to the power and smoothness of the engine and power band.
I did have people everywhere looking at the bike and asking me questions, evidently most people like the looks of the F6B.

I am at SpyderFest today here in Springfield, we have a Spyder also, have a lot of Spyder friends and sell a lot of parts for them. A lot of them are former Gold Wing Riders and they were all looking at the F6B last night. They are all really nice people.
I will be able to get a little more familiar with the bike for the next 900 miles home starting tomorrow.

bobbyf6b
05-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Looks great. I just noticed the polished wheels. Nice touch.

GONRDN
05-03-2014, 10:44 AM
I must say, that is one of the best looking F6B's out there. Great work!

RoadWeary
05-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Custom paint - I'm jealous

naga viper
05-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Congrats very nice ride.

Steve 0080
05-03-2014, 03:28 PM
+1 on the Chrome wheels !!!!!!! SWEET!!!! A new Chrome Member !!!!!

RickW
05-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Congrats very nice ride.

Thanks,

Met several people here today at SpyderFest that own F6B's.
One guy that owns an F6B and lives just north of here is even going to ride with me to St. Louis early in the morning since I'm by myself. I thought that was way cool.
He promised he would come on here as soon as he could.

Fla_rider
05-03-2014, 09:17 PM
This isn't the typical F6B, I see a butt load of add ons in addition to the chromed wheels and slick paint job. Looks like you got it hooked up!:yes:

What's behind the bagger shield?

RickW
05-03-2014, 10:24 PM
This isn't the typical F6B, I see a butt load of add ons in addition to the chromed wheels and slick paint job. Looks like you got it hooked up!:yes:

What's behind the bagger shield?

That is a Tri-Pouch (http://store.valueaccessories.net/Tri-PouchforAdjustableFlipWindshieldHondaGoldWingF6B.a spx), they are new. I sent it down to have put on with the shield. It works good, but it will block your vision through a portion of the lower shield. Didn't bother me and I like having the pouch to put stuff in.
Rick