PDA

View Full Version : Da-yum HOT in PHX!!

Ixol Phaane
05-05-2014, 03:35 PM
...Especially now that this "Write-me-a-ticket Yellow" F6B is on the street! :icon_biggrin:

I just want to say hello to everyone here in the F6B Riders Forum. I've been lurking and following things here for several months... at least since I saw that Honda was bringing this newest (and FASTEST) color to the F6B! I've been keeping quiet... but everyone here seems like decent people, with lots of camaraderie and helpful info.

I'm coming from a line of Hondas that stretches over 37 years and includes a 2000 Anniversary Edition Aspencade. The latest is a 2003 VTX 1300 that I bought new here in Phoenix.

I first spotted the Wing-B last summer and knew immediately that this would be my next bike. I looked at the Black and the Red models last year, both beautiful bikes, but couldn't pull the trigger until I saw what Honda would do for 2014. I just picked this one up yesterday, and all I can say is WOW! It hands down tops the GL1500 I had. It's really nice to be back on a big bike again.

I look forward to seeing some of you out and about here in the Valley... Westernbiker, bobbyf6b, bill phoenix. Bike night at Westgate is always pretty cool.

I'll be keeping an eye out for all the black and red F6Bs out there, so if you see this one, honk... and I'll slow down and let you catch up. :crackup:

coffee_weasle
05-05-2014, 04:10 PM
i didn't know they made 2 wheel yellow wings, i thought yellow was reserved for trikes

(just a friendly tease) :icon_wink:

TwinCitiesRider
05-05-2014, 04:17 PM
I could say it's modeled after the bumble bee look of the Valkyrie Tourer, but no way. That one is pure Yellow Jacket. Congrats on the purchase.

Ixol Phaane
05-05-2014, 04:40 PM
i didn't know they made 2 wheel yellow wings, i thought yellow was reserved for trikes

(just a friendly tease) :icon_wink:

Converting it to a trike may be in the picture sometime way, WAY down the road. I must subconsciously have been planning ahead. :icon_wink:

Ixol Phaane
05-05-2014, 04:43 PM
I could say it's modeled after the bumble bee look of the Valkyrie Tourer, but no way. That one is pure Yellow Jacket. Congrats on the purchase.

Thank you. I have to agree with the bumble bee look... but my lady and her friend think more along the line of a certain Autobot. :icon_biggrin:

Darren
05-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Grats happy riding

philwford
05-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Congrats, one is in my future....good luck

Elin in So. Cal.
05-05-2014, 06:28 PM
It's a MINION!!!!!!!

bobbyf6b
05-05-2014, 07:29 PM
.welcome20.

I'll keep a lookout for a yellow one.

Big Jay
05-05-2014, 08:07 PM
welcome and congrat's, like to see all three colors together some time for a picture. :icon_biggrin:

F6B-RICH
05-05-2014, 08:21 PM
'welcome gang' from N.J .batman-smilie.

coffee_weasle
05-05-2014, 08:24 PM
congrats! you will love it!

maybe the yellow is the primer for purple?

Scotrod
05-05-2014, 09:54 PM
It's a MINION!!!!!!!

OMFG!!!

:icon_laugh:

Scotrod
05-05-2014, 09:56 PM
congrats! you will love it!

maybe the yellow is the primer for purple?

:shhh:

(Mines red underneath!)

motozeke
05-05-2014, 10:38 PM
...Especially now that this "Write-me-a-ticket Yellow" F6B is on the street! :icon_biggrin:

Congrats on the new ride! That yellow is the second best color after black. :yes:

And as for it being hot in Phoenix... well, November is just around the corner! :icon_lol:

Ixol Phaane
05-05-2014, 11:59 PM
It's a MINION!!!!!!!

HA! I love it! :icon_lol:

Ixol Phaane
05-06-2014, 12:06 AM

(Mines red underneath!)

Scotrod, I like that purple (?). It looks very similar to the Illusion Blue of my VTX.

Scotrod
05-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Scotrod, I like that purple (?). It looks very similar to the Illusion Blue of my VTX.

:icon_biggrin:

Yeppers! It was painted 'Blurple' by Honda of Russellville. :yes:

Sometimes it's blue, sometimes its 'purple'! LOL!

coffee_weasle
05-06-2014, 09:24 AM

still needs highway pegs, backrest, lower cowl-lights ... etc.

Steve 0080
05-06-2014, 11:01 AM
WOW!!!! Some of you have wayyyyyy to much time on your hands....and welcome to the board as a owner/rider!!!

Westernbiker
05-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Nice bike but the ONE AND ONLY TRUE BUMBLEBEE is seen below! :biggthumpup:
As far as it being HOT...........Not yet bro! :shock: But it's a coming!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

BuzzzPhotos
05-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Yep it is pretty!! I really like the Yellow but I've already had more tickets than I can afford on my FAST Black. Congrats on the new one!

Ixol Phaane
05-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Nice bike but the ONE AND ONLY TRUE BUMBLEBEE is seen below! :biggthumpup:
As far as it being HOT...........Not yet bro! :shock: But it's a coming!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

That's a nice look Valk. Great graphics.
As for the temps... yeah, yer right. I've lived in the Valley for almost 45 years... I know what's comin'. :yikes:

Ixol Phaane
05-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Yep it is pretty!! I really like the Yellow but I've already had more tickets than I can afford on my FAST Black. Congrats on the new one!

Thanks, BuzzzPhotos. I sympathize with ya. But, hey... it's only money!
Try to catch me, coppers!! :cop2: 'riding'

Phantom
05-06-2014, 03:07 PM
I've already had more tickets than I can afford on my FAST Black.

:banghead:

You ought to be proud, those are PERFORMANCE Awards not tickets :biggthumpup:

You were awarded for out performing everyone else around you :winnergold1:

JBnAZ
05-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Helps me see you in the side mirrors of my black model as I dust ya! :yikes:

Do ya wanna race or are ya ..... Yellow?

Is all this driving you bananas?

Congrats on your new ride - it matches my toy hauler. 75 degrees tomorrow in the valley, most likely our last day below 87 for the next 5 months.....

SpeedyWho
05-06-2014, 10:43 PM

Congrats on your new ride - it matches my toy hauler. 75 degrees tomorrow in the valley, most likely our last day below 87 for the next 5 months.....

Oh boy here we go, I'd bet the RED 6 is the fastest. Doubt me??? I'll race you guys over Mingus mountain any time:poke:

Just goofing around, hope you enjoy your new bike. I love mine more and more as I rack up more and more miles.

Ixol Phaane
05-07-2014, 12:39 AM
Oh boy here we go, I'd bet the RED 6 is the fastest. Doubt me??? I'll race you guys over Mingus mountain any time:poke:

Just goofing around, hope you enjoy your new bike. I love mine more and more as I rack up more and more miles.

I've spent the past couple days riding, and I am absolutely IMPRESSED with this bike. It makes my VTX1300 seem like a wind-up toy. (But I'm still gonna the VTX around... for now.)

Funny you should mention Mingus Mountain. I was planning a ride from Phx to Sedona via Wickenberg, Prescott and Jerome. I think that would be outstanding! Maybe we can get a small handful of AZ F6Bs together for that run sometime? I'm in. :yes:

Ixol Phaane
05-07-2014, 12:48 AM

Aw... c'mon JBnAZ... I'm sure you look great on that black Wing-B... but the green color of envy really doesn't suit you. :icon_mrgreen:

This morning weather was beautiful. Took a quick tour out past Lake Pleasant to Wickenberg for breakfast, then back. What a pleasure! Am really not looking forward to the return of triple digits. BUT... I can use that as an excuse to ride outta town. :icon_biggrin:

JBnAZ
05-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Busted again - I'm happy to have you out front running at a good clip - someone needs to be the human radar detector!

Enjoy

bobbyf6b
05-07-2014, 10:02 PM
I've spent the past couple days riding, and I am absolutely IMPRESSED with this bike. It makes my VTX1300 seem like a wind-up toy. (But I'm still gonna the VTX around... for now.)

Funny you should mention Mingus Mountain. I was planning a ride from Phx to Sedona via Wickenberg, Prescott and Jerome. I think that would be outstanding! Maybe we can get a small handful of AZ F6Bs together for that run sometime? I'm in. :yes:

Let's do it! Gotta make it a Sunday so SpeedyWho can go.

Fla_rider
05-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Welcome to the board from South Florida!:041: