PDA

View Full Version : Rush pipes 2.0 or 2.25 baffles

NCF6B
05-05-2014, 07:41 PM
I currently have a set of Rush pipes installed on my f6b with the extended tips and 2.0 baffles. My question is; has anyone moved from 2.0 to 2.25 baffles? If so, how much difference did they make if any. Have used the 2.50s and they were just too loud for my taste. Great for local traffic tough on long rides at high speeds. Not a problem with the 2.0 baffles and extensions. Hate to invest more $ unless their is an appreciable gain. Any experience & thoughts appreciated.

Scotrod
05-05-2014, 09:46 PM
I currently have 2.0 baffles.... Have used the 2.50s,,,,,,,.

You have probably as good an idea as anyone what 2.25's might sound like to you on your bike after trying 2.0 and 2.5's,,, :shrug:

Sound is pretty subjective,,,

but,,,,

you'll never really know,,,

only one real way to find out,,,,,

ARRRGGGGH!!!! Hurry up and buy 'em!!! The suspense is killin me!!!! :icon_lol:

NCF6B
05-06-2014, 03:37 AM
You have probably as good an idea as anyone what 2.25's might sound like to you on your bike after trying 2.0 and 2.5's,,, :shrug:

Sound is pretty subjective,,,

but,,,,

you'll never really know,,,

only one real way to find out,,,,,

ARRRGGGGH!!!! Hurry up and buy 'em!!! The suspense is killin me!!!! :icon_lol:

unfortunately you're probably right.

Scotrod
05-06-2014, 08:08 AM
I believe the rush baffles are wrapped,,, have you experimented with wrapping/unwrapping/different wrap material?

(Been there, done that on other bikes. It's an itch that won't stay scratched! LOL!!)

I like the mellow sound of wrapped baffles vs the sharpness of unwrapped, but :shrug:

NCF6B
05-06-2014, 04:04 PM
I agree, sounds more like a mellow muscle car. I may have to bite the bullet and try the 2.25s. Need to get work done on my wife's bike before I invest any more in the F6B! When I had the 2.5s in, my neighbor said he could tell when I hit the corner of the street. Talking with "Rush", Adam said that unwrapping would change the tone not the decibel level. I don't think I would like that. I'll keep you posted. Thanks

SHOCKER7718
05-20-2014, 08:58 AM
I agree, sounds more like a mellow muscle car. I may have to bite the bullet and try the 2.25s. Need to get work done on my wife's bike before I invest any more in the F6B! When I had the 2.5s in, my neighbor said he could tell when I hit the corner of the street. Talking with "Rush", Adam said that unwrapping would change the tone not the decibel level. I don't think I would like that. I'll keep you posted. Thanks

Hey guys just have a question for you. I just got my new chrome rush slip ons with 2.25 baffles with the extended tips (4025B)! The pipes look great sounds good but it's not nearly as loud as I thought it would be just deeper! If you go with a bigger baffle does it get louder or does it just get deeper? I would say with the new pipes installed there just slightly louder than the stock pipes. Is it possible that the company sent me the wrong baffles? Is there a way I can check? Also has anybody heard that rush offers 3.0 baffles for the Honda F6B if so I love to hear your input. thanks can't wait to hear from you guys! The pipes that were sent to me were in a big louie box It say for v twin bikes is this correct? THEY mount just fine on the bike. Is this the name for all the pipes that go on the Honda Goldwing or F6B from RUSH? Well im wanting more sound was trying to figure out if the 2.5 baffles (8050S-250B) would give me the sound im looking for or the 3.0 baffles (8050S-300B)

Scotrod
05-20-2014, 10:35 AM
Try going sans-baffles before springing for 3 inchers,,, Doesn't cost much but your time, and you'll be able to establish a sound 'baseline' that you have to work with,,,

3 inch baffles in a 4 (?) inch muff aren't going to do much other than take a bit of the 'crack' out of it,,, :shock:

SHOCKER7718
05-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Try going sans-baffles before springing for 3 inchers,,, Doesn't cost much but your time, and you'll be able to establish a sound 'baseline' that you have to work with,,,

3 inch baffles in a 4 (?) inch muff aren't going to do much other than take a bit of the 'crack' out of it,,, :shock:

I'm not sure I understand by sans-baffles? Could you explain more and thank you !

Scotrod
05-20-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure I understand by sans-baffles? Could you explain more and thank you !

Take the baffles out/leave 'em out.:icon_twisted: