PDA

View Full Version : Out with the old, In with the new

brewcityf6b
05-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Took a few weeks, but am finally getting around to posting a picture of the old bike in the background - VTX 1800N with Freedom Performance Exhaust and the new bike in the foreground - Sweet ass, black F6B. Now if the weather would warm up and stay dry for awhile up here in great upper-midwest - Milwaukee Wisconsin, I would be able to get out a bit more.

buefchris
05-08-2014, 11:14 AM
Congrats on your purchase

Darren
05-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Congrats

Steve 0080
05-08-2014, 11:29 AM
Spring is on the wayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

naga viper
05-08-2014, 01:51 PM
I also traded my neo but don't regret it one second only thing better was the seating position and bar placement. But I will try to dial that in CONGRATS hopefully weather changes it's been cold here also.

CaptRob
05-08-2014, 03:23 PM
Bam! Congrats

RT59
05-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Congratulations! Nice ride. We ride our bikes through Milwaukee at least once a year and enjoy your community a lot.
-R

opas ride
05-08-2014, 05:58 PM
You will notice a huge difference in the VTX compared to the F6B..I had a 2005 VTXF 1800 which ran great but no where as nice as my current ride....F6B custom painted, Cobra pipes and some extra chrome goodies.....Love the smooth power, ride and handling...Ride safe!!

choptop
05-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Congrats and good move on getting the fastest color.:041:

choptop
05-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Took a few weeks, but am finally getting around to posting a picture of the old bike in the background - VTX 1800N with Freedom Performance Exhaust and the new bike in the foreground - Sweet ass, black F6B. Now if the weather would warm up and stay dry for awhile up here in great upper-midwest - Milwaukee Wisconsin, I would be able to get out a bit more.

If you ever get up I94 towards the Twin Cities, let me know.

Slingah
05-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Yessiree! Enjoy the new ride!:041:

brewcityf6b
05-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the kind welcome all. Love the bike so far. It obviously rides awesome. But it's been a transition having only owned and ridden V-twins. Much different feel. The first time I rode it after riding 100+ miles up to the dealership on my VTX, then getting on the F6b to ride it back to Milwaukee, I honestly didn't feel like I was on a bike. Hard to explain but it wasn't the "raw" feel I was used to and I felt a bit more crammed onto the bike whereas I was more used to being "in" the bike and more stretched out previously. But, I quickly got used to it and have learned to appreciate the vast difference in performance. You definitely get noticed differently here in Harley country when you are on anything other than a v-twin. Oh well. I have kind of outgrown the party lifestyle of the "bikers" I was running with before anyway. I would never call myself a biker, I'm an enthusiast and having two small children ages 3 and 1.5 my priorities and ride-time aren't what they used to be, but I'm loving the few miles I get to put on it so far. It's still a great way to blow off some steam given the opportunity.

Once the weather finally cooperates, I'm sure the miles will once again begin piling up.

Thanks all and let me know if any of you are ever up this way. Would love to meet some folks.

hiflyer
05-09-2014, 09:00 PM
You definitely get noticed differently here in Harley country .

I was going to ask you about that. Reception, perception, etc.. Curious about it, being Milwaukee is what it is. I have enjoyed your fair city on many occasions.

brewcityf6b
05-09-2014, 10:28 PM
I was going to ask you about that. Reception, perception, etc.. Curious about it, being Milwaukee is what it is. I have enjoyed your fair city on many occasions.

Yeah, whereas I would have gotten the waves and nods from fellow riders whether they were on a Harley or other type bike when I was on my VTX, now they just kind of ignore or dont acknowledge when riding by. I notice the sport bikes and euro bike riders and of course GW riders seem to be the only ones to give me the nod or wave now. Haven't been to a bike night yet, but will be curious to see the reactions when I do. I have only seen one other f6b on the road around here. It sure is a looker of a bike.

hiflyer
05-09-2014, 11:11 PM
, now they just kind of ignore or dont acknowledge when riding by. .

It's that way everywhere, I don't lose any sleep over it. Enjoy your bike!

Ixol Phaane
05-10-2014, 01:02 AM
Congrats! :041:
I'm sure you're loving it. :icon_biggrin:

racer
05-13-2014, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the kind welcome all. Love the bike so far. It obviously rides awesome. But it's been a transition having only owned and ridden V-twins. Much different feel. The first time I rode it after riding 100+ miles up to the dealership on my VTX, then getting on the F6b to ride it back to Milwaukee, I honestly didn't feel like I was on a bike. Hard to explain but it wasn't the "raw" feel I was used to and I felt a bit more crammed onto the bike whereas I was more used to being "in" the bike and more stretched out previously. But, I quickly got used to it and have learned to appreciate the vast difference in performance.

Kept my 110 VTX, totally different beast than the 6.

The 6 is quick and refined, corners remarkably better and is smooth as silk. It is as practical as it is sleek and a pure pleasure to ride. :yes:

My X is a loud, powerful brute, corners like a truck in comparison and has top end power restrained only by aerodynamics. It is an impractical power cruiser, meant for stop light to stop light battle. I still ride both, each scratches a different itch. :cheers: