PDA

View Full Version : Mick-O-Pegs vs Ergo II's

stepbill
05-08-2014, 02:08 PM
I currently have the Mick-O-Pegs and they are comfortable and all but they drop your feet more down and out then even and out like a cruiser. They are comfortable in that it gives you a chance to stretch your legs but I wonder if the Ergo II's would give you more of that recliner type feel?

CaptRob
05-08-2014, 03:21 PM
I was thinking about both to have 3 positions I have the flip outs ...pretty cool but I can't stretch my legs and lay the back of my leg on them because they fold in. It looks cool and gives me a change for a few miles and that's good

royr
05-08-2014, 05:39 PM
I having been thinking about getting some pegs also. I have been trying to simulate foot placements with the different pegs. I have decided to go with the Mic-O-Pegs again. I had some on my GL1800 and they were comfortable and keep my legs/feet away from the heat of the radiators/heads and in a cooler air flow. Last time I had the EQs. This time I am going to try the GQs with the 3" shorter arms than the EQs. I think the shorter arms and higher foot position will help reduce/eliminate my foot dragging when in the down position.

Texas TC
05-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Never had Mic's, but my Ergo II's with mini arms surely are comfortable. They allow me to kick my feet out and press my back into the 8" lumbar support on my Mustang seat. I like em'.

stepbill
05-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Never had Mic's, but my Ergo II's with mini arms surely are comfortable. They allow me to kick my feet out and press my back into the 8" lumbar support on my Mustang seat. I like em'.

That's what I would like to do is push back into the lumbar support. May give them a try.

kjelders
05-09-2014, 09:10 AM

I have the very same setup. Very comfortable for me.

stepbill
05-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Do they drag in sharp turns?

Ebony Deluxe
05-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Just fold them up in the twisties. Shaved off some metal on mine, used some black nail polish for touch up.

Texas TC
05-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Yes they can drag in sharp cornering. Also, it is easy to get your heels into the pavement when riding in the feet out position. Like mentioned, I fold mine up in the twisties. Never had an issue during daily riding.

txswat
05-11-2014, 04:16 AM
Not very pleased yet with my Ergo's...just can't seem to get them tweaked correctly for me...6'1" w/34" inseam...plan on spending a good effort to find a sweet spot before I think about the mick-o-pegs thanks to the good ergo comments here

Texas TC
05-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Not very pleased yet with my Ergo's...just can't seem to get them tweaked correctly for me...6'1" w/34" inseam...plan on spending a good effort to find a sweet spot before I think about the mick-o-pegs thanks to the good ergo comments here

I had Ergo's on my two previous full Wings with the standard 4" arms and I, like you, could never quite make them work for me. With the F6B, the mini arms were my answer. They have given me the adjustability I needed to make them very comfortable. Keep tryin'. Good luck.

kjelders
05-12-2014, 09:06 AM

If you haven't yet, get the mini arms. You will find a sweet spot with them. Before, I tried the 6" and the 4" arms and never could find a comfortable position with those arms.

misterc
05-12-2014, 09:55 AM
I have resisted pegs with 'arms' because of the possibility of the arm mounted peg puncturing the valve/plug cover should you drop the bike. I have the Ergo IIs which are built like a tank. Yes, my bike fell over, once, and no damage.

wroc1
05-12-2014, 12:28 PM
I have the Ergos II and even through I'm six foot I had to tilt them back to reach. I throw my legs out as soon as possible. If I could get forward controls out there I would>

kjelders
05-12-2014, 01:43 PM
I have the Ergos II and even through I'm six foot I had to tilt them back to reach. I throw my legs out as soon as possible. If I could get forward controls out there I would>

Forward controls I would do as well. That's the only thing I miss from a V-twin.

stepbill
05-12-2014, 01:56 PM
I like the Mick-O-Pegs but my left pants leg will catch on the left peg when I come to a stop and am putting that leg down. Have almost dropped the bike a few times because of this. I have to think about putting my left foot down back near where the kickstand is so that it does not catch. May give the ergo ii's with the short arms a try. Do you hit the hot valve cover with your ankle at all?

kjelders
05-12-2014, 02:34 PM
I like the Mick-O-Pegs but my left pants leg will catch on the left peg when I come to a stop and am putting that leg down. Have almost dropped the bike a few times because of this. I have to think about putting my left foot down back near where the kickstand is so that it does not catch. May give the ergo ii's with the short arms a try. Do you hit the hot valve cover with your ankle at all?

I haven't had any heat issues on the ankle/foot using the mini arms. I'm 6' and have the Mustang Seat which sits me about 1" lower than stock.

ghostrider
05-13-2014, 07:26 AM
I just installed the Ergo IIs with mini arms and really like them. They are adjustable friendly and have very good ground clearence. They put my legs in the perfect position for cruising. Love them!! :icon_biggrin:

srkeet
05-13-2014, 11:43 PM
:icon_biggrin:Ghostrider,

Do your mini-arms drag before or after the pegs do? We are a tad short on ground clearance with the F6B, but sometimes comfort forces compromises!

God bless and watch out for coked up cowboys and tweeting teens,

srkeet:icon_rolleyes:

ghostrider
05-15-2014, 09:40 AM
:icon_biggrin:Ghostrider,

Do your mini-arms drag before or after the pegs do? We are a tad short on ground clearance with the F6B, but sometimes comfort forces compromises!

God bless and watch out for coked up cowboys and tweeting teens,

srkeet:icon_rolleyes:

I notice my belly pan drags first now. I haven't done any really hard cornering yet with the new Ergo's installed. I did notice with the pads extended they would scrape first (just by looking down at them in a corner) but folded up there is plenty of clearance. It also would depend on how you have the mini arms adjusted, mine are adjusted at about a 45 degree "up" angle which increases clearance and comfort for me.

txswat
06-01-2014, 04:03 AM
I had Ergo's on my two previous full Wings with the standard 4" arms and I, like you, could never quite make them work for me. With the F6B, the mini arms were my answer. They have given me the adjustability I needed to make them very comfortable. Keep tryin'. Good luck.

Good stuff...kept plugging away and tweeking them and have them set perfectly....just added the mini-boards and what a difference! Glad I took the advice and kept at it....thanks

'riding'

ghostrider
06-21-2014, 02:36 PM
I notice my belly pan drags first now. I haven't done any really hard cornering yet with the new Ergo's installed. I did notice with the pads extended they would scrape first (just by looking down at them in a corner) but folded up there is plenty of clearance. It also would depend on how you have the mini arms adjusted, mine are adjusted at about a 45 degree "up" angle which increases clearance and comfort for me.

I found out the foot pegs drag before the Ergo's do. Ergo's are scratch free!!! :icon_biggrin:

stepbill
06-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Well, I purchased the Ergo III's and replaced the Mick-O-Pegs with them and have now ridden a while with those on. My impression - I will keep the Ergos on and sell the Mick-O-Pegs. I hate to do it because I liked the look and feel of the Mick-O-Pegs but for some reason my left pants leg kept getting caught on the left peg when I went to put my leg down on the ground. I like the adjustability of the Ergo III's plus they are also spring activated so that when you take your foot off, the peg rises a bit. I still fold them up in a sharp turn but leave them down for the gradule ones. Very happy with the Ergo III's! Just my 2 cents worth.

Johncmendenhall
08-11-2014, 01:13 AM
I haven't had any heat issues on the ankle/foot using the mini arms. I'm 6' and have the Mustang Seat which sits me about 1" lower than stock.

Hello fellow north westerner,
What windshield is that on your motorcycle shown in your profile picture ?
That's a great looking windshield.

kjelders
08-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Hello fellow north westerner,
What windshield is that on your motorcycle shown in your profile picture ?
That's a great looking windshield.

I sent you a pm.

Blotar
08-12-2014, 06:25 PM
I looked at everything and decided to go with the Mic-O-Pegs. I like the fact that my legs are not in the radiator exhaust and still get to stretch out. The F6B is so comfortable that I really haven't had a chance to find out if the Mic-O-Pegs will really relieve the strain of the very long day. We have only done 300 to 350 mile trips since I installed the Model 'DD'. I like the way my feet are inside the engine. They are only for those long straight runs where not much is going on as it could be problematic in the twisties. Check it out.
Blotar75637564:icon_biggrin:

carpdm
01-14-2016, 03:48 AM

Can someone give part numbers for this setup? Thanks!