PDA

View Full Version : Expanded my stable...

bobbyf6b
05-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Well now that I have the ultimate bike, the GW F6B, I wanted a toy so I found a deal I couldn't pass up. It's a 2005 Sportster 1200 Custom with 7000 miles! Still has the original tires, which will be replaced asap. I've always wanted a Sportster and the group I ride with the most is HOG. So now I can ride with them and not get picked on. :icon_redface:

I love it, and the F6B is going NOWHERE. It's still my favorite ride! :biggthumpup:

Scotrod
05-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Well now that I have the ultimate bike, the GW F6B, I wanted a toy

:

group I ride with the most is HOG. So now I can ride with them and not get picked on. :icon_redface:

:stirthepot:

TOY? It does kinda look like a toy parked next to a 6! :icon_biggrin:

PICKED ON? Just wait till the HOG group asks why you're riding your wifes bike,,, :shock:

:stirthepot:

LOL!!! Nah,,,, If it makes ya happy, ya done well!!! :yes:

mikey
05-11-2014, 04:09 PM
good choice, i've owned 2 sportsters, rode the heck out of them. if the h-d crowd was honest, they would admit the sporty is the toughest & most reliable harley ever. besides my f6 i have a buell blast to run around town/ errands, and a yz 250 for dirt.[keeps me in shape!] ride safe!!!

smokinjoe187
05-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Well now that I have the ultimate bike, the GW F6B, I wanted a toy so I found a deal I couldn't pass up. It's a 2005 Sportster 1200 Custom with 7000 miles! Still has the original tires, which will be replaced asap. I've always wanted a Sportster and the group I ride with the most is HOG. So now I can ride with them and not get picked on. :icon_redface:

I love it, and the F6B is going NOWHERE. It's still my favorite ride! :biggthumpup:

i see you got the shiny one too!!

bobbyf6b
05-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Thanks guys. I had a lot of time to research Harley's while my last one was in the shop over and over. :icon_doh: 2007 Street Glide.

After trading that one in on the 6, I knew I would get a Sporty but never get rid of the 6. The Sporty is pure motorcycling, no frills fun. Once you get bit by the HD bug it's hard to quit.

smokinjoe187
05-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Thanks guys. I had a lot of time to research Harley's while my last one was in the shop over and over. :icon_doh: 2007 Street Glide.

After trading that one in on the 6, I knew I would get a Sporty but never get rid of the 6. The Sporty is pure motorcycling, no frills fun. Once you get bit by the HD bug it's hard to quit.
i have been pondering the new valk...but can a man have to much of a good thing??

maybe get a flstn...always loved the look of that bike

F6B-RICH
05-11-2014, 06:52 PM
I would tell the HOG's to go :hifu: .batman-smilie.

bobbyf6b
05-11-2014, 10:22 PM
I would tell the HOG's to go :hifu: .batman-smilie.

It's all in fun. They've been my friends for a few years now. They still wanted me to be a Road Captain with my F6B since I'm still a member. It was more of an excuse for me to get a Sporty.

chipmaker
05-11-2014, 10:29 PM
Very cool. I watch Craigslist for old no-mileage Harleys. I would keep the F6B, but miss my HDs.

F6B-RICH
05-11-2014, 11:33 PM
It's all in fun. They've been my friends for a few years now. They still wanted me to be a Road Captain with my F6B since I'm still a member. It was more of an excuse for me to get a Sporty.

Yeah I know.Just having some fun on this forum.I break my HD friends all the time about there shaky hot air blowing HD motors/bikes .batman-smilie.

Scotrod
05-12-2014, 07:52 AM
I break my HD friends all the time about there shaky hot air blowing HD motors/bikes .batman-smilie.

When my SGlide riding buddy pulls up next to my 6 at a stoplight, I point at his shakin 103 and ask him if it's nervous,,, :shrug:

Steve 0080
05-12-2014, 08:11 AM
When some ask why…I ask why not?

F6B-RICH
05-12-2014, 10:41 AM
When my SGlide riding buddy pulls up next to my 6 at a stoplight, I point at his shakin 103 and ask him if it's nervous,,, :shrug:

:lolup::lolup::lolup::yes:.batman-smilie.

racer
05-16-2014, 11:24 AM

engines aren't supposed to do that.

I ask, "if you opened your car's hood and saw it shaking like that ... you'd freak out and take it to a shop!"

Cool Hand Luke
05-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Not all Harley engines behave as paint mixers, some are very smooth, powerful and have been water cooled for over 12 years:

That's my 2009 Harley VRSCF Muscle. It is smooth, reliable and powerful (125 HP and 86 ft/pounds of torque). It weighs less than 700lbs. It has 5 gallons of fuel and gets about 35 mpg.

My friend who is a Service Manager at St. Pete HD (Jim's) said once his dealership does not like selling them as they don't get to work on them much except for regular maintenance. I have about 18,000 trouble free miles on mine and I had it since 2011, it only had about 2000 miles when I bought it.

This way I get to ride with Harley friends as well, but mostly I enjoy both bikes. I've done as much as 500 miles per day on Muscle and over 700 per day on F6B. I feel fortunate to have both.

jkelley
05-16-2014, 03:57 PM
Not all Harley engines behave as paint mixers, some are very smooth, powerful and have been water cooled for over 12 years:

That's my 2009 Harley VRSCF Muscle. It is smooth, reliable and powerful (125 HP and 86 ft/pounds of torque). It weighs less than 700lbs. It has 5 gallons of fuel and gets about 35 mpg.

My friend who is a Service Manager at St. Pete HD (Jim's) said once his dealership does not like selling them as they don't get to work on them much except for regular maintenance. I have about 18,000 trouble free miles on mine and I had it since 2011, it only had about 2000 miles when I bought it.

This way I get to ride with Harley friends as well, but mostly I enjoy both bikes. I've done as much as 500 miles per day on Muscle and over 700 per day on F6B. I feel fortunate to have both.

Love the bike!

racer
05-19-2014, 02:48 PM

yup. Had one of those "the v-rod ain't a harley" conversations with a long time harley guy about a week ago. Pretty sure you buy them new from a Harley dealer and the title says harley... but you know how "they" think!

I had the same arguments over my baby harleys back in the day. The bikes AND titles still say Harley Davidson on them. :icon_lol:

bobbyf6b
05-19-2014, 07:06 PM
I seriously can't believe the crap I'm getting for buying a Sportster. All from HD people! Most of it is teasing but it's getting old fast. I need to wear a shirt that says, "I had a Dyna and I had a Street Glide, but I choose to ride a Sportster. STFU" :icon_twisted:

Oh well. I love the bike and I'm the one riding it. F-em. My wife rode with me yesterday for the first time in over a year. That makes it all worthwhile.

I rode the F6B to work today. It's like a two wheeled Cadillac! Best bike ever! :icon_mrgreen:

CaptRob
05-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Did they call it a Skirtster? happygirl I always laugh at assholes who pick on other bikes and bikers….Pick on the people who don't ride, lots of those. I had a couple of guys put rice under my 1500 Kaw Nomad and they were on Sportsters….. I was like wow you look del tough on girl bikes! Because I was mad as I just got that big bike. IMHO 1200 sportster is one of the best HD bikes made I just feel WAY too big on one of those.
Ride safe.batman-smilie.

FlatSixBagger
05-20-2014, 11:14 AM
I had a H-Douchebag try messing with me at a light was revving the piss of his bike, I let him let his clutch out 1st and before I even shifted he was a spec in my passenger side mirror! He then did what I call the "fly by of shame" after me and the wifey was at cruising speed, he didn't even look at me as he passed at prob double the speed limit. As a former AMA defined "original outlaw club" member who left in good standing, I can tell H-Douchebags are as plentyfull as H-D motorcycle for sale. Do not get me wrong I love the history of HD and their motorcycle minus the lack of advancement and the multitude of issues with these motorcycle (even though I still own one), but I can nolonger tolerate these boi's that want to play bad ass until I wanna play, lol, :poke:.